• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron in court.

Oh FFS!!!!! Is all I can say....
Just makes you realise how many spanners there are in his works, how many things in the closet that fall out everytime someone opens it.
In the same way Im thinking about it now, (whether it will affect southend in any way -not sure how it cant), will be how a prospective player, physio, or any other prospective employee will think about it. Not to mention local businesses who might be considering doing business or sponsorships with the club (RM) in future.
I have a feeling there are more skeletons somewhere too, we're just yet to find them. Our reputation just seems to fall further and further into the gutter.

Im not sure it will harm our new approach to presenting as a strongly moral, ethical and trustworthy club ?

The deliberate evasion of VAT is an offence under section 72(1) of the Value Added Tax Act and the maximum penalty for offences tried in the Crown Court is 7 years imprisonment and an unlimited fine.

Step 1 determine level of culpability

A – High culpability​

• A leading role where offending is part of a group activity
  • Involvement of others through pressure/influence
  • Abuse of position of power or trust or responsibility
  • Sophisticated nature of offence/significant planning
  • Fraudulent activity conducted over sustained period of time

B – Medium culpability​

• A significant role where offending is part of a group activity
  • Other cases that fall between categories A or C because:
    • Factors are present in A and C which balance each other out and/or
    • The offender’s culpability falls between the factors as described in A and C

C – Lesser culpability​

• Involved through coercion, intimidation or exploitation
  • Not motivated by personal gain
  • Opportunistic ‘one-off’ offence; very little or no planning
  • Performed limited function under direction
  • Limited awareness or understanding of extent of fraudulent activity

Harm – Gain/intended gain to offender or loss/intended loss to HMRC
Category 1£50 million or moreStarting point based on £1 million
Category 2£10 million–£50 millionStarting point based on £30 million
Category 3£2 million–£10 millionStarting point based on £5 million
Category 4£500,000–£2 millionStarting point based on £1 million
Category 5£100,000–£500,000Starting point based on £300,000
Category 6£20,000–£100,000Starting point based on £50,000
Category 7Less than £20,000Starting point based on £12,500

Everyone STOP........ Not one person on here knows anything about this case, yet everyone has a theory. Lets just wait until we know the facts ah?

Although we don't know the facts. We do know that this has been forwarded to Crown prosecution.

This isn't the first time that Ronald has been in trouble for non payment of tax.

There is no smoke without fire and there has been plenty of smoke, coupled with a large dose of mirrors.

Magistrates have limited powers and cases of this type are passed up to the Crown Court as they have more powers.This could role on for months and months we many Crown Court hearings dragging it on.

To end up in Court Ron was arrested years ago on a less serious offence on the face of it and found NOT GUILTY

Given the alleged seriousness in this one would Ron have been arrested again in the last few weeks?>

He must be pretty unlucky really because I have to say Ive never been arrested and Ron could be on his third, Important to bear in mind he was also found not guilty for the alleged sexual assault, so vital to remember NOT GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN, AND maybe he can pull this seemingly larger fraud case off again, given his track record of complete innocence up to now

I never realised just how many legal eagles and tax experts there are on ShrimperZone. All we need now is a forecasting service for sentencing ( hang on, we have that) and we could save the Crown a fortune on Court appearances.
I agree, but its good fun and makes good reading...... Its keeping us Southend fans amused

You just cannot make this up

We all thought Vic Jobson was a dodgy character , Uncle Vic now looks like an Angel now life and times of been a Southend United supporter hey.......

No Glory in 100 years plus yes , but loads of dodgy Chairman / Owners to shout about ..... hahahahaha

God Someone could not make this up

Last edited:
To end up in Court Ron was arrested years ago on a less serious offence on the face of it and found NOT GUILTY

Given the alleged seriousness in this one would Ron have been arrested again in the last few weeks?>

He must be pretty unlucky really because I have to say Ive never been arrested and Ron could be on his third, Important to bear in mind he was also found not guilty for the alleged sexual assault, so vital to remember NOT GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN, AND maybe he can pull this seemingly larger fraud case off again, given his track record of complete innocence up to now
I believe the first time he voluntarily assisted the police with their inquiries. I'm not sure if he actually had his collar felt then, but I seem to remember reading that the police searched his house.

The sexual assault thing was, I think, just that Ron didn't fully understand the duties of the cleaning lady. An easy mistake to make, so nothing too serious.

I agree, but its good fun and makes good reading...... Its keeping us Southend fans amused

You just cannot make this up

We all thought Vic Jobson was a dodgy character , Uncle Vic now looks like an Angel now life and times of been a Southend United supporter hey.......

No Glory in 100 years plus yes , but loads of dodgy Chairman / Owners to shout about ..... hahahahaha

God Someone could not make this up
Rest assured there is nothing fun about this situation.......

I never realised just how many legal eagles and tax experts there are on ShrimperZone. All we need now is a forecasting service for sentencing ( hang on, we have that) and we could save the Crown a fortune on Court appearances.

Send him to the tower, have his head off in the morning and parade it on London Bridge.

Oh hang on, is he guilty!!!

Back