• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

1. Recruitment is in hand.
2. Areas of improvement have been identified from day 1.
3. Those areas are being worked on by an A class network.
4. Professionals are now at the club.

The support yesterday was awesome, thank you ??

Stan ??
Can we have an update please. Thought we had replacements lined up?

We need near enough a whole new ****ing squad. Sorry, but that's the main issue. For now if we can get in a RB, another CB, a CM and a winger then I think it might be enough to keep us up....just. Which is fine by me. But the squad needs the major surgery next summer that it didn't get the summer just gone.

I think it's because Stan's various posts suggested that he'd be working behind the scenes for weeks, had an "A class" team ready to go instantly, a contact book that meant he could contact anyone in world football inside 30 mins and all that create the impression that things would happen really quickly when he was given the nod

The fact they haven't is curious - maybe there isn't the money for the new signings, they new targets don't want to join SUFC or maybe things were quite as advanced as suggested?
Maybe because it could be bollocks. He may have been an excellent player, but what qualifications does he have to be a Director of Football or Head of Strategic Football? (Don't get me started on that title)
Stan may have contacts but are they the right ones. People who know the level or players & staff at that level.
Tommy Widdrington lives in Southend, why not get him back, he did well for Bristol Rovers until that **** Joey Barton screwed it up.

Hi Guys

1. Recruitment is in hand.
2. Areas of improvement have been identified from day 1.
3. Those areas are being worked on by an A class network.
4. Professionals are now at the club.

The support yesterday was awesome, thank you ??

Stan ??

(I’m positing this after the bland performance at Grimsby…)

Blah, blah, blah. Given the past couple weeks, lots of time for the promises to take shape and the far from acceptable performances to notably improve, we are pretty much in the same depressing place we were under Brown and Moseley.

Maher has said no one is close to joining, we'll running out of games soon.

Your first paragraph accurately describes my work so far. And unlike others in the industry, I document every meeting, email, phone call, whatsapp and text message.

A class contacts, A class clubs, A class offers of support, A class relationship building with A class clubs.

Any other questions, let me know. Just a bit tied up today stopping off at 2 A class clubs on my way to Grimsby.

Fastest way was A1, but I'm going up M1 to stop off at those clubs. So everyone can have a game of "which clubs is he going to ". Because there isn't enough wild speculation on here at the moment!
He's bringing Vardy back to non league.... Nice touch Stan! Lol

Grimsby looked pretty average as well. Stan's new man did their recruitment apparently. Which isn't a glowing endorsement.
Another man who knows the league & more importantly the area well is Terry Harris, who has been John Still's right hand man at Dagenham & Luton. Proper contacts are is what's needed. It could take 2 or 3 years to rebuild, but first & foremost we have to survive the mess RM, MM & PB have created & make we're National league next season.

Maybe because it could be bollocks. He may have been an excellent player, but what qualifications does he have to be a Director of Football or Head of Strategic Football? (Don't get me started on that title)
Stan may have contacts but are they the right ones. People who know the level or players & staff at that level.
Tommy Widdrington lives in Southend, why not get him back, he did well for Bristol Rovers until that **** Joey Barton screwed it up.
Hi

It's Senior Football Strategist.

My qualifications have been laid out a number of times.

My contacts are as good as there is. At the top of the pyramid, all the way down. These contacts are known in the club and with those who'll also be involved in recruitment.

The right contacts are contacts that have direct access to players that can improve the team and who make the decisions to allow those players to leave more successful clubs, or clubs who are stable. To date, I have had zero "no's" from any club. Any.

Don't disrespect me, I really don't appreciate it nor is it warranted.

Stan Collymore.

Last edited:
Hi

My contacts are as good as there is. At the top of the pyramid, all the way down. These contacts are known in the club and with those who'll also be involved in recruitment.

The right contacts are contacts that have direct access to players that can improve the team ahd who make the decisions to allow those players to leave more successful clubs, or clubs who are willing to part with players. To date, I have had zero "no's" from any club. Any. To this end there are conservatively 30+ options.

Stan Collymore.
Please Stan try to ignore the trolls ,i know its just that after 3 seasons of losing its hard for many ,because of their love for this club , I certainly dont agree that they should be disrespectful, but realise with many they are losing patience and it definitely is not the fault of yourself or the team thats been put together, I hope those that have disrespected you also have to guts to apologise to you .

Hi

The right contacts are contacts that have direct access to players that can improve the team ahd who make the decisions to allow those players to leave more successful clubs, or clubs who are willing to part with players. To date, I have had zero "no's" from any club. Any. To this end there are conservatively 30+ options.

Stan Collymore.

Sorry, are you for real?

Stan, (and I don’t need to tell you this) football is a results focused business. To date you’ve helped us hire a very good CEO… but results have not changed.

You’ve helped us hire a new management team. Very good business. Through a structured measurable approach… but the results have not changed.

You held your own very public job interview, and in otherwords get the fans backing in said public interview. Yes you’re the correct man to support our club…

But again it’s a results driven and there’s been no change of results. You cannot be public on here and social media but complain when you’re commented about on a public forum when you don’t agree.

I have one season ticket and 2 children’s season tickets. My son just turns his nose up at coming to games atm. However I firmly believe Stan and the management team will get it right. He will see Roots Hall rocking again.
I think a lot of people post antagonist comments in the hope they’ll get some sort of response from Stan. Please ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back