• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm M1 so that is Watford, Luton, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Coventry, Notts Forest, Notts County, Leicester
, Mansfield and Lincoln.

Wow 10 new players ?
Depends on his route......don't forget Sheffield (Wednesday and United)...we've done well from there so far :-) Barnsley, Doncaster. QPR are playing at Luton tonight. Chelsea are playing at Leicester tomorrow. Man Utd are playing at Watford. They may already be in local hotels? ;-) Fulham playing away to Barnsley. oooh...we do love a mystery, as Stan says. And that's just EFL and PL....what about those "gems" in non-league?

Depends on his route......don't forget Sheffield (Wednesday and United)...we've done well from there so far :-) Barnsley, Doncaster. QPR are playing at Luton tonight. Chelsea are playing at Leicester tomorrow. Man Utd are playing at Watford. They may already be in local hotels? ;-) Fulham playing away to Barnsley. oooh...we do love a mystery, as Stan says. And that's just EFL and PL....what about those "gems" in non-league?
Actually,Fulham are playing at home to Barnsley tomorrow.

Actually,Fulham are playing at home to Barnsley tomorrow.
Rats...... I always knew my research had the potential to be suspect :-) I'll put it down to youthful enthusiasm. I could edit it, and then your comment will be void of purpose. :-) But that would be dishonest of me. So I won't. PS you need a space after the comma. ;-)

Last edited:
Like the look of Fornah and Konate ( midfielders ) from Notts Forest, if Stan could nip into his old club and love of 3 years to throw those two in the back of the 7 seater along with Jaydon Richardson, defender and Will Swan striker, cheers Stan

Like the look of Fornah and Konate ( midfielders ) from Notts Forest, if Stan could nip into his old club and love of 3 years to throw those two in the back of the 7 seater along with Jaydon Richardson, defender and Will Swan striker, cheers Stan
I was hoping Stan had hired a 12 seater minibus

I

I'm still awaiting Ricky Holmes to walk through the door, about as reliable as Transfer9 on twitter
I believe Farnborough are top of their league, 5 points clear and Ricky Holmes has played nearly all the games 16 played. Thanks to certain SUFC staff as I understand that really is our loss. Certainly better than most of our ageing players and certainly a key midfield player far better than Dunne, Harry Phillips who is still too lightweight, Ferguson who doesn't work hard enough and an ageing Jason Demetriou. His attitude alone is far better than most of our squad and hopefully now he has overcome his injury he will be invaluable to Farnborough and I feel at our expense.

Grimsby anticipating a crowd of over 6000 tonight. If that's correct it is impressive for a game that's on TV on a Friday night.

I believe Farnborough are top of their league, 5 points clear and Ricky Holmes has played nearly all the games 16 played. Thanks to certain SUFC staff as I understand that really is our loss. Certainly better than most of our ageing players and certainly a key midfield player far better than Dunne, Harry Phillips who is still too lightweight, Ferguson who doesn't work hard enough and an ageing Jason Demetriou. His attitude alone is far better than most of our squad and hopefully now he has overcome his injury he will be invaluable to Farnborough and I feel at our expense.

Thats another situation I’ve covered in detail.

Holmes doesn’t play the same role as a Dunne, Phillips, Ferguson or Demi. He’d be more in the Brunt role, and perhaps would have addressed the lack of creativity in the side, but we’ll never know.

Another option, and certainly not ideal, would have been Holmes as a wing back allowing Bridge to play in the “10”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back