• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first paragraph accurately describes my work so far. And unlike others in the industry, I document every meeting, email, phone call, whatsapp and text message.

A class contacts, A class clubs, A class offers of support, A class relationship building with A class clubs.

Any other questions, let me know. Just a bit tied up today stopping off at 2 A class clubs on my way to Grimsby.

Fastest way was A1, but I'm going up M1 to stop off at those clubs. So everyone can have a game of "which clubs is he going to ". Because there isn't enough wild speculation on here at the moment!
Any reasonable supporter does not expect immediate miracles. The management change in my mind is a fantastic step up and we now have personnel who genuinely care about the club.
Anything other than relegation this season is a success.
I would rather trust SVC to use his contacts however long that may take as whatever anyone may think he has to have a far better idea of good and bad, certainly better than the scouts before and we have become a dumping ground for past their best players and this league requires fitness and pace which is precisely the opposite of what we have been recruiting which is why I think we are struggling so much.

You're wrong.

As you were.
@StanleyVictorCollymore just to clarify this wasn't actually a dig its just sometimes things are taken by fans a lot more literally than what they should. For example when you said you had an "A class" team ready to go instantly this gives off the impression that we should have seen a few movements after two weeks in the job. I am actually really grateful for everything you have done so far especially the zooms which drove some much needed positivity but we are in desperate need of some new blood asap and that is what it seemed was almost promised.

I think it's because Stan's various posts suggested that he'd be working behind the scenes for weeks, had an "A class" team ready to go instantly, a contact book that meant he could contact anyone in world football inside 30 mins and all that create the impression that things would happen really quickly when he was given the nod

The fact they haven't is curious - maybe there isn't the money for the new signings, they new targets don't want to join SUFC or maybe things were quite as advanced as suggested?
Not like you to come on here and stir .. I’d be more worried about your own perfectly run club being 5 points off the bottom if I was you ?

Give the guy a chance .Some of you fans want so much so quickly .With the new money coming to all non lleuage it may help a little .BUT AS Maher said its not a quick fix its going to take time .
But unfortunately it needs to be a quick fix or we are relegated to national south!!

I think sometimes a lot of "behind the scenes" work goes very much unnoticed due to it being... behind the scenes! Often extremely important jobs, which you have don't get the credit it needs. I would be interested to see now where we would be without Stan's input.

I should imagine even worse then we are now. It isn't going to be fixed overnight it will take time.
No one really cares! The sentiment is lovely and it all sounds fantastic but all we care about is winning football games and getting 3 points! And quickly!

Your first paragraph accurately describes my work so far. And unlike others in the industry, I document every meeting, email, phone call, whatsapp and text message.

A class contacts, A class clubs, A class offers of support, A class relationship building with A class clubs.

Any other questions, let me know. Just a bit tied up today stopping off at 2 A class clubs on my way to Grimsby.

Fastest way was A1, but I'm going up M1 to stop off at those clubs. So everyone can have a game of "which clubs is he going to ". Because there isn't enough wild speculation on here at the moment!
You should know by now Stan, we don't do speculation on here, we do Marks and Spencer's Speculation!

Shrimperzone......Probably the best Speculation in the world!!

If you put Stockport in League Two right now, they would make the playoffs comfortably, perhaps even get into the top three. So would a lot of teams in our division.

The bottleneck, and lack of financial controls, has created a very strange situation where about 8 or 9 clubs at the top of the National League are stronger than 15 or 16 clubs in League Two.
...and yet Stockport sit in 11th currently...

Not like you to come on here and stir .. I’d be more worried about your own perfectly run club being 5 points off the bottom if I was you ?

Not stirring - just observing the slightly odd Cult of Collymore where anyone even asking questions about anything is cut short.

As Stan and your CEO are paid SUFC employees now I would have thought asking questions in a polite manner about progress (or lack-of) is fair game. Those questions are allowed to be asked of Ron, your ticket office manager, previous team managers etc- - why not Stan?

If you put Stockport in League Two right now, they would make the playoffs comfortably, perhaps even get into the top three. So would a lot of teams in our division.

The bottleneck, and lack of financial controls, has created a very strange situation where about 8 or 9 clubs at the top of the National League are stronger than 15 or 16 clubs in League Two.
I think this is a very accurate comment. Take pretty much any of the top half of the National League teams at the moment and they are stronger and more financially stable than a lot of League Two teams. It actually gives me some hope that if we can stay up this season we could hopefully find ourselves in a similar position a year or two down the line.

I think this is a very accurate comment. Take pretty much any of the top half of the National League teams at the moment and they are stronger and more financially stable than a lot of League Two teams. It actually gives me some hope that if we can stay up this season we could hopefully find ourselves in a similar position a year or two down the line.
Genuinely interested... is this based on real, hard facts?

Not stirring - just observing the slightly odd Cult of Collymore where anyone even asking questions about anything is cut short.

As Stan and your CEO are paid SUFC employees now I would have thought asking questions in a polite manner about progress (or lack-of) is fair game. Those questions are allowed to be asked of Ron, your ticket office manager, previous team managers etc- - why not Stan?
He's been named Senior Football strategist for just over 2 weeks. He's remit isn't just player recruitment its across media and commercial departments as well. We don't know the hour Stan is working but i would imagine if a contact messaged him about a player etc he's not not going to respond until he next has his "Southend United" hat on.

I can imagine Stan will and has been going the extra mile to get what Kev and the coaching team need. These things i'd imagine takes time.

...and yet Stockport sit in 11th currently...
It will be interesting to see how they progress from here. Was it a one-off - helped by a bumper crowd - or will it propel them into promotion form. Quigley and Madden are one hell of a front two and Quigley was out for several weeks after he pulled up at Roots Hall.

Questions have been asked of Ron and previous managers because there were clear recruitment deadlines that past with little to show for it. Collymore on the other hand has been in the role a couple of weeks in a period where most players probably aren't expecting to be on the move, it's not a fair comparison. If in a couple months nothing's happened questions should be asked but right now I'm happy to give the team some time to sort out the mess they've inherited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back