• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s amazing how quickly the sensible this is a big job and will take time comments change to Stan’s been here 5 minutes so why haven’t we got a whole new squad.

I think it's because Stan's various posts suggested that he'd be working behind the scenes for weeks, had an "A class" team ready to go instantly, a contact book that meant he could contact anyone in world football inside 30 mins and all that create the impression that things would happen really quickly when he was given the nod

The fact they haven't is curious - maybe there isn't the money for the new signings, they new targets don't want to join SUFC or maybe things were quite as advanced as suggested?

I think it's because Stan's various posts suggested that he'd be working behind the scenes for weeks, had an "A class" team ready to go instantly, a contact book that meant he could contact anyone in world football inside 30 mins and all that create the impression that things would happen really quickly when he was given the nod

The fact they haven't is curious - maybe there isn't the money for the new signings, they new targets don't want to join SUFC or maybe things were quite as advanced as suggested?
I think Stan has the players but its a matter of Southend having the finances to bring in those players.

Maybe the reality is that Stan promised much much more than can realistically be delivered. How many times did he say the scouting team already have players in mind and 100ish clubs willing to help - 2 weeks later nothing done and missing our best player too now so literally no creativity at all minus Brunt. I hope I am wrong as the positivity that he came with was great but it’s all fallen a bit flat now.
And now he's actually picking up a salary!

Maybe the reality is that Stan promised much much more than can realistically be delivered. How many times did he say the scouting team already have players in mind and 100ish clubs willing to help - 2 weeks later nothing done and missing our best player too now so literally no creativity at all minus Brunt. I hope I am wrong as the positivity that he came with was great but it’s all fallen a bit flat now.
You're wrong.

As you were.

Your first paragraph accurately describes my work so far. And unlike others in the industry, I document every meeting, email, phone call, whatsapp and text message.

A class contacts, A class clubs, A class offers of support, A class relationship building with A class clubs.

Any other questions, let me know. Just a bit tied up today stopping off at 2 A class clubs on my way to Grimsby.

Fastest way was A1, but I'm going up M1 to stop off at those clubs. So everyone can have a game of "which clubs is he going to ". Because there isn't enough wild speculation on here at the moment!

Last edited:
Your first paragraph accurately describes my work so far. And unlike others in the industry, I document every meeting, email, phone call, whatsapp and text message.

A class contacts, A class clubs, A class offers of support, A class relationship building with A class clubs.

Any other questions, let me know. Just a bit tied up today stopping off at 2 A class clubs on my way to Grimsby.

Fastest way was A1, but I'm going up M1 to stop off at those clubs. So everyone can have a game of "which clubs is he going to ". Because there isn't enough wild speculation on here at the moment!
Love it

I think sometimes a lot of "behind the scenes" work goes very much unnoticed due to it being... behind the scenes! Often extremely important jobs, which you have don't get the credit it needs. I would be interested to see now where we would be without Stan's input.

I should imagine even worse then we are now. It isn't going to be fixed overnight it will take time.

M1, so you're steering (pun intended) clear of Orient and Col Ewe! That's all I need to know!

@StanleyVictorCollymore you are doing good ? it’s just some of us still suffering from the last 3 years, it’s take time to turn things around full circle. I would be happy to have couples of players on loan, similar to Brunt & Lopata as both been brilliant for us so far.

Your first paragraph accurately describes my work so far. And unlike others in the industry, I document every meeting,email, phone call, whatsapp and text message.

Any other questions, let me know. Just a bit tied up today stopping off at 2. A class clubs on my way to Grimsby.

Fastest way was A1, but I'm going up M1 to stop off at those clubs. So everyone can have a game of "which clubs is he going to ". Because there isn't enough wild speculation on here at the moment. ?
I have it on good authority that Stan has hired a Luton van filled with shiny new boots and promises of a trip to Megazone.

He’s due to arrive at Forest around 1 p.m. and will have the pick of the u23’s; all ready in time for this evening, where we annihilate Grimsby 5-0 away. Cementing our place as the new force in the National League.

Hmm M1 so that is Watford, Luton, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Coventry, Notts Forest, Notts County, Leicester
, Mansfield and Lincoln.

Wow 10 new players ?

Surely it’s basic common sense, it’s totally unrealistic to be able to change the majority of the squad overnight. Players are under contract, how can we as a club afford to pay off a lot of players in order to bring in the ones we want? Or are we going to become the National League’s Manchester City and have a squad of 50! ??‍♀️ Anyone who believes Stan, the recruitment team and the coaching staff can piece together exactly the squad they want this season is being completely unfair. It’s a process and thankfully that process has begun now, but it’ll take time. I highly doubt many of those players out of contract in June will be here next year and that should hopefully allow us to ramp up the squad rebuild.

Come on guys, be realistic. Lopata and Brunt are quality signings and more will be on the way but this season we’ll very likely have to survive relegation with a lot of dross still at the club. Just let the new staff get on with things behind the scenes, in time we’ll see the positive results both on and off the pitch.

We seem to go into the mode of we need new signings and we need them now, and if we don't get them its all because we are too tight to fund them...

Its easy to make the wrong signings quickly. I have no doubt we have a list of targets that will add significantly to the squad. And opening the doors is a critical first step, but it takes time to convince the player, their club, their agent, whoever, this is the right move for them at this time. I know many will find it absolutely extraordinary that a club just above the relegation zone in the NL needs some top selling and persuasion to make it happen..but there it is.

Of course, the more average the player the less choosy they might be...unfortunately the opposite applies.. again regrettably. And probably it takes 100s of miles up and down motorways to do this face to face.

Naturally, the less we understand the more impatient we are it seems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back