• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who raise expectations sky high by exagerrated claims in the first place can hardly complain when inevitably a reaction follows when those expectations are not met. This is a forum after all and people should not be shouted down or their motives questioned just because they prefer to believe the evidence of their own eyes rather than meekly accepting what they are told.
Nobody is shouting you down, certainly not me, but I suppose yours is a good tactic to make people think that way. You're right, this is an open forum and all opinions are welcome as long as they stay within SZ rules. But as often happens on an open forum, those with strident, critical views will air them regularly and loudly, nothing wrong with that, but those views aren't exclusively the only view on offer.

Stan, one thing I’m confident to say is. You have the backing of every SUFC fan up and down the land.

For as much as you want to update us on the positive (which is great, as communication to date, has been awful). We’re also allowed in an open forum to share our frustration.

No matter of the contacts, or the club structure, or the measurable recruitment process. We’re results driven.

I’m sure you open more doors, than everyone currently in the club combined. No one can question you’re ability and black book.

But as key stakeholders do in any business, we’re allowed to ask questions and share worry’s without fear of that person “quitting” on us.

You have everyone’s backing.

Hi

It's Senior Football Strategist.

My qualifications have been laid out a number of times.

My contacts are as good as there is. At the top of the pyramid, all the way down. These contacts are known in the club and with those who'll also be involved in recruitment.

The right contacts are contacts that have direct access to players that can improve the team and who make the decisions to allow those players to leave more successful clubs, or clubs who are stable. To date, I have had zero "no's" from any club. Any.

Don't disrespect me, I really don't appreciate it nor is it warranted.

Stan Collymore.
Stan you don't need to justify yourself. When we are in an improved position the same people will find someone else to moan about.... you can't please everyone!!

Personally want pace at the back before up front, we are getting killed back there. Stop the goals and build from There. Aside from Ralph (when fit) we have no pace back there of any note
Fair. I think we add quality in the middle of the midfield and those defensive frailties become less obvious. Right now the whole spine has no pace and it shows.

Nobody is shouting you down, certainly not me, but I suppose yours is a good tactic to make people think that way. You're right, this is an open forum and all opinions are welcome as long as they stay within SZ rules. But as often happens on an open forum, those with strident, critical views will air them regularly and loudly, nothing wrong with that, but those views aren't exclusively the only view on offer.
I wasn't saying I had been shouted down, but certainly others have been for not sticking to the script which appears to be: have faith and everything will work out fine and in the meantime don't rock the boat for fear toys get thrown out of the pram again. The club suffered enough last year by giving MM the benefit of the doubt with his 'process' for too long. History repeats itself all too often and a third successive relegation would be terminal, so closing your eyes and hoping for the best is not a good idea.

Fair. I think we add quality in the middle of the midfield and those defensive frailties become less obvious. Right now the whole spine has no pace and it shows.
I agree, re the midfield, personally for me the forward line is sharp of mond. Murphy has form what I have seen never been the quickest, it is his mind that gets him in the right places, we need the service so some pace and trickery in the midfield and for me at the back will make us more solid and hopefully lead to the goals coming.

If we don’t concede more chance of nicking a sloppy goal to win a game or 2

I can (in a public forum) have the right of reply.

And I'm more than within my rights to be an equal on this forum and asked to not be mocked or trolled by others on this forum who in all cases are in posession of 1% of the facts.

I promised to bring A class contacts to the club. Everyone in the club and those who will come into the club knows who these contacts are, what they've offered Southend United, when and why.

So just because people outside those facts don't know what I've tangibly brought already regarding recruitment doesn't mean they have any right to simply take to this forum and without any evidence say "He's not doing what he said he could". Especially when I have and those contacts are higher in quality and substance than I'm guaranteeing this club have ever had. What part of that are people missing here?

There's a minority seemingly who have a long held view on this forum that anyone who comes in is either useless, feckless, reckless or inept.

I'm none. Not by a long chalk. So I'd get used to me responding to people who can't back up disrespectful nonesense, because that's my right of reply in open forum.

Some of the posts on this board are frankly toxic, offer nothing by way of insight or solutions, just mock, chide and offer yet more woefully thought out solutions that got this club in the mess it's in in the first place.

I'm here because I want to be. I do not need to be. I bring what I said I would and some.

But if enough people on here or at games want me gone, don't worry, they'll get their wish because I'm dammed if I'm having my contacts, relationships and hard work to build bridges with clubs who told me I was crazy to try derided by people who are supposed to be supporting the same aim.

When all of you reading this are armed with the facts and the full picture, then judge as you wish, I've been used to criticism, fair and unfair for 30 years.

But from "your own"? Based on a healthy dollop of disrespect based or a hunch? Is that really where some of you are at? So weathered by the last 3 years that hammering people who simply are who they say they are is some kind of sport on a forum? Shame on you that do. That's not support, that's disrespect, disdain and wanting your cake and eating it. Some of the posts on this forum, a great forum generally , are an utter disgrace and some on here should be ashamed of themselves for putting their name to half baked gossip, conspiracy theories and in some cases borderline if not outright libel.

I'm afraid it won't go unchallenged, as even on here a whisper ends up poisoning the well even more than is.

"Could be bollocks" is basically calling me a liar, inferring the contacts aren't there or have been exaggerated when if I took any of you to my meetings in the last two weeks you'd be doing cartwheels down the road.

My advice? Honestly? Support good people who've come to help and who are.
Stan I am 100% behind you and I know the fab 3 will turn our sinking ship round but you have to ride above people who clearly have no clue the utter rot and mess our club became and don't take it so personally.

Anyone who thinks 3 to 5 years of disgraceful running of our club, mostly poor management and almost criminal recruitment can be reversed in a few weeks clearly doesn't understand football but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I am a supporter of over 50 years and I firmly believe we are now on track and good times are coming but I have to be honest and say that I am fed up of paying hard earned money having my heart ripped out week after week when we just expect to lose and invariably do.

I fully support the new regime, You, Tom & Kev & believe the tide has turned. I will be back home & away when you have all had time to sort this stinking mess and we start seeing optimism, new faces and ultimately results on the pitch and I know that is not far away.

UTB

I don’t know if this has been addressed recently but what’s happening with the recruitment guy that was being lined up to come in?

Last night showed how much we're going to miss Jack Bridge while he recovers from his op. Our midfield has been the problem for the last 4 years, Zak Brunt is a welcome addition but his set pieces last night (and last match) were not as good as his first game. Louis Walsh was an improvement last night too, we've got to get the players we've got (and, in some ways, are stuck with) performing until we bring in new ones. Getting on their backs ALL THE TIME is not going to help.

Similarly with Kev and co, and Stan. We were pretty much all pleased with the appointments and involvement of all four, things are not going to turn around overnight and we have to give them a little time.

There's no doubt we need another forward, we also need some other key players, let's trust in the guys and let them do their jobs.

I agree, re the midfield, personally for me the forward line is sharp of mond. Murphy has form what I have seen never been the quickest, it is his mind that gets him in the right places, we need the service so some pace and trickery in the midfield and for me at the back will make us more solid and hopefully lead to the goals coming.

That tactic still got us relegated last season, I think that’s why it fills people with dread. It’s also horrible to watch, ok that may be necessary at times but I think most fans are fed up with the lack of goals/goalscoring chances created. Just explaining why it might not be well received.

Regards some of these posts, I think people need to give it a bit longer then a few weeks. This is a massive rebuilding job. Very few people know the work that’s going on behind the scenes. Give Stan the benefit of the doubt (not saying hero worship). Give the guy a break maybe.

Unfortunately there not that magic wand which we can wave and suddenly bunch new signings will appear..... Players out there who we may have interest in will probably be advised not to go to sufc. Why? Because the club has been in the news for the wrong reasons for quite sometime and sufc continue to spiral on the pitch. 2 relegation on the trot with possible 3rd on the arisen, hardly makes us destination where players are going to jump at the opportunity to join sufc. Unfortunately view on the outside is the club is still mess!

Lets face it guys, we just not great attraction for players at this current present.

If Stan can bring in couple more loans to give this team some much needed confidence and energy and we pick up enough points to stay up, I will quite happily take that. Martin out!

Last edited:

Fair points. I only put a forward on there as feel we are in need of at least a back up option should we lose Murphy or Dalby. Rush looks promising but still untested.

Maybe because it could be bollocks. He may have been an excellent player, but what qualifications does he have to be a Director of Football or Head of Strategic Football? (Don't get me started on that title)
Stan may have contacts but are they the right ones. People who know the level or players & staff at that level.
Tommy Widdrington lives in Southend, why not get him back, he did well for Bristol Rovers until that **** Joey Barton screwed it up.
Do us all a favour SC. Go and support some other team. Don’t bother replying you are on ignore.

That tactic still got us relegated last season, I think that’s why it fills people with dread. It’s also horrible to watch, ok that may be necessary at times but I think most fans are fed up with the lack of goals/goalscoring chances created. Just explaining why it might not be well received.

Regards some of these posts, I think people need to give it a bit longer then a few weeks. This is a massive rebuilding job. Very few people know the work that’s going on behind the scenes. Give Stan the benefit of the doubt (not saying hero worship). Give the guy a break maybe.
And again last season we didnt have pace at the back or in midfield That i can remember. Pace has killed us for seasons others have it and we dont.

Fair points. I only put a forward on there as feel we are in need of at least a back up option should we lose Murphy or Dalby. Rush looks promising but still untested.
I do not disagree, although I am not as sold on Dalby as much as sone seen to be, Murphy whilst he has 7 need as to focus more on the game than the ref.

As for Rush sadly I do not think he will step up, which is a real shame. Dennis could be an option through the middle but it is hard to see of he is any good as he hasnt played much at all. At least with rush we have seen him in more games over the last few years

Some of you lot are very short sighted. Longer term vision is required.

Some of you, let's be honest. Probley function on a day to day basis. Have Lack of a business and ethical sense.

We in knee deep ****e. Any manager would take time to sort this mess out.

Just get behind everyone to do with our club.

If not, go and follow another team
I think the fact we’re all still here suggests we’re not going away..as you suggested, ‘our’ club too not just yours.

Re: the current squad… do you think they’ve been told that they’re being released in January (maybe) and just going through the motions until release day?

Surely, any assistance we can get with recruitment at the moment, has got to be encouraged. It's going to be a very difficult task, as most players will look at out recent history and the league position and try other clubs. The only change to that will be if no clubs want them for whatever reason, or if they're paid very highly (which won't happen at SUFC).

I would suggest, we get behind Stan and the rest of the staff and just hope they manage to turn it around before it's too late. Good luck Stan !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back