• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Covid vaccine passes

So how do you feel about the innocent people who are being deprived appointments to give booster vaccinations to healthy people in their late teens and 20's who are already double vaccinated and at very very little risk to the virus?
Which innocent people are these?

The NHS has prioritised specific cohorts so no vulnerable or older people will miss out.

We’re digressing from the original concern about people not wearing masks. Which has actually been mandated, meaning it’s not a choice whether to wear it or not.

Put in place to mitigate being where we were a year ago, but some never learn…

Last post on this topic as getting bored now!

Keep well

Last edited:
I just tried to book my booster at Highlands Surgery (Leigh), over 30 in the queue and thats to the main surgery, the vaccine clinic is over the road. I think I'd be on the phone all day.

It's a tall order 1m+ a day.

We’re going for the booster shots here in Australia, I’ll be having mine next Monday.

Western Australia has been closed to the majority of the rest of the country for just over 18 months. We’re now going to open up to the rest of the country and indeed the world in early February. We have 80% of people aged 12 and above double vaccinated, some other states are over 90%.

Covid passes here will be mandatory, either on your smart phone or for those that don’t on paper. A friend of mine’s niece has just been busted for creating fake passes on phones. She’ll be looking at time in gaol.

We’re going for the booster shots here in Australia, I’ll be having mine next Monday.

Western Australia has been closed to the majority of the rest of the country for just over 18 months. We’re now going to open up to the rest of the country and indeed the world in early February. We have 80% of people aged 12 and above double vaccinated, some other states are over 90%.

Covid passes here will be mandatory, either on your smart phone or for those that don’t on paper. A friend of mine’s niece has just been busted for creating fake passes on phones. She’ll be looking at time in gaol.

Has Omicron hit Australia yet?

I just tried to book my booster at Highlands Surgery (Leigh), over 30 in the queue and thats to the main surgery, the vaccine clinic is over the road. I think I'd be on the phone all day.

It's a tall order 1m+ a day.
I got my booster done at Asif’s chemist in Hadleigh. They do a walk in session so no need to book, I was in and out within 25 mins ??

Has Omicron hit Australia yet?

Yes it has, here in Western Australia we haven’t had a community case of Covid since July. All deaths in WA were passengers from cruise ships, most of those were foreign nationals.

Life has been very normal here since June last year with only 12 days of lockdown. We’ve been shielded with it very hard to get in here.

There is going to be a big rise in Covid here come February but with, hopefully a 90% vaccination rate there won’t be many deaths.

Just a quick note from me regarding this latest episode.

We have been told to concentrate on this roll out of boosters and to look at some work that can be delayed until after Xmas ( only the very non-urgent and routine)
The work going on behind the scenes in GP practices at the moment is phenomenal in trying to put this together within a day. Our phone lines were unbelievable today

I am out again tomorrow with the vaccinations. It is a tall order what is expected but please be nice to us when coming in as most of us are doing this vaccination on top of our own regular work and working extra hours to get it done

As a side note - there was a young lad (34) admitted to ITU today with this virus who is not expected to last the night so please try and get your vaccine

Just a quick note from me regarding this latest episode.

We have been told to concentrate on this roll out of boosters and to look at some work that can be delayed until after Xmas ( only the very non-urgent and routine)
The work going on behind the scenes in GP practices at the moment is phenomenal in trying to put this together within a day. Our phone lines were unbelievable today

I am out again tomorrow with the vaccinations. It is a tall order what is expected but please be nice to us when coming in as most of us are doing this vaccination on top of our own regular work and working extra hours to get it done

As a side note - there was a young lad (34) admitted to ITU today with this virus who is not expected to last the night so please try and get your vaccine

That's no age, I hope the lad pulls through.

I can imagine it's very busy right now.

The issue is, and will become more apparent is that the Omnicron virus is hospitalising people who have not had the vaccine.

These selfish people are taking up vital NHS resources to which would be ultimately better served treating people with cancer and other life threatening conditions.

By wearing masks the spread of the virus will be reduced.

If you’re either too selfish to have the vaccine or to wear a face covering then I have absolutely no respect or care whether they catch covid. What I do care about is the innocent people who are being deprived medical care due to such incredible self centred behaviour.

January lockdown beckons…
Not to mention the many knackered NHS staff (many of which still suffer anxiety issus and lung damage) who didn't get a break during the lockdowns and continue to be under pressure with backlogs with reduced resources and staff to deliver such unrealistic targets. A pay rise doesn't pay for losing time with families, oh hang on ... apologies, I meant a clap from the lying fraudulent party going MPs - doesn't pay for losing time with families, not a pay rise!! Silly me!!

Not to mention the many knackered NHS staff (many of which still suffer anxiety issus and lung damage) who didn't get a break during the lockdowns and continue to be under pressure with backlogs with reduced resources and staff to deliver such unrealistic targets. A pay rise doesn't pay for losing time with families, oh hang on ... apologies, I meant a clap from the lying fraudulent party going MPs - doesn't pay for losing time with families, not a pay rise!! Silly me!!
Clearly there's no way that all adults in the UK will receive (or even get an appointment for) their booster jabs before the end of December.

Floval Flyer is right to point out (IMO) that a lockdown might be on the way in January In the UK (possibly even sooner according to the editor of the Spectator on today's Daily Politics).Worrying times.

Clearly there's no way that all adults in the UK will receive (or even get an appointment for) their booster jabs before the end of December.

Floval Flyer is right to point out (IMO) that a lockdown might be on the way in January In the UK (possibly even sooner according to the edidtor of the Spectator on today's Daily Politics.Worrying times.
Tbh ..... I would not be surprised.

Floval Flyer is right to point out (IMO) that a lockdown might be on the way in January In the UK (possibly even sooner according to the editor of the Spectator on today's Daily Politics).Worrying times.

I was told some time ago that there would be tighter restrictions for Christmas and a full lock down from January 6th. Schools to be included at some stage as well

If anyone is interested but we are expecting it to be busy but if you do decide to come along please be nice to us ?

Attachments

• 93829BAB-AC93-4EAB-9B82-511E7B6EBCA8.jpeg
    93829BAB-AC93-4EAB-9B82-511E7B6EBCA8.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 22
Can't mentally go through that again, call me what you like, selfish etc. etc.

I don't think anyone would call you anything if you struggle with a lockdown and not seeing people. We all cope differently. We don't know for sure yet, so keep a positive mind :)

I have had enough of restrictions, mask wearing and listening to anything the government says. It is the only way I can cope with this bs.

Back