• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Covid vaccine passes

I don't think anyone would call you anything if you struggle with a lockdown and not seeing people. We all cope differently. We don't know for sure yet, so keep a positive mind :)
Well a source I know close to UK Govt says 5th Jan is an earmarked date. Hope that's hearsay but it's from a reputable place.

I was told some time ago that there would be tighter restrictions for Christmas and a full lock down from January 6th. Schools to be included at some stage as well
My training as a Kremlinologist (ie studying the politics of the USSR back in the 70's) has come in useful lately in decoding HMG's recent pronouncements on the subject of "tighter restrictions and a full lock down" in the near future. :Winking:

Here in Germany all season you must show a COVID passport to get into football.Even at the end of last season you must show one or a 24 hr test...
Does not take long..iphone with pass showing in one hand and a ID card,passport,Driving licence etc in the other.Something proving its your pass.
QUESTION...how does it work in the UK with the COVID passport..how must you prove its yours?
Or can your bluff it??
Still remember when i came to Germany,i think you had maybe two years to exchange your UK driving licence for a German one.When i gave my then(91-92) licence up,it did not have a photo on it.All German ones did.They said "no photo?how do we know its yours".
She went away and came back later and said"ok" and just swapped it over!!

Here in Germany all season you must show a COVID passport to get into football.Even at the end of last season you must show one or a 24 hr test...
Does not take long..iphone with pass showing in one hand and a ID card,passport,Driving licence etc in the other.Something proving its your pass.
QUESTION...how does it work in the UK with the COVID passport..how must you prove its yours?
Or can your bluff it??
Still remember when i came to Germany,i think you had maybe two years to exchange your UK driving licence for a German one.When i gave my then(91-92) licence up,it did not have a photo on it.All German ones did.They said "no photo?how do we know its yours".
She went away and came back later and said"ok" and just swapped it over!!
In Spain no pass is necessary yet (though I have one) but you have to wear a mask at all itimes inside the stadium.

(Funnily enough just exchanged my UK driving licence for a French one).

I wonder how you explain the UK's figures for covid infection are so much higher than in the majority of EU 27 countries'.

Are they? I wonder how you explain how Wales and Scotland consistently had higher infection rates than England after 'freedom day' when they kept mandatory face coverings. Or why countries like Sweden or certain states in America have had lower numbers than places with much stricter restrictions.

Masks have not made any difference to the trajectory of infections anywhere in the world. They are just an easy way of being seen to be doing something, a symbol. Incidentally I have noticed a lot more disposable masks littered in the street since they became mandatory again - weirdly the pro-maskers never talk about the huge environmental impact of all this PPE...

The issue is, and will become more apparent is that the Omnicron virus is hospitalising people who have not had the vaccine.

I'd like to see your evidence for that claim. The majority of hospital patients with COVID are vaccinated. Omnicron was first detected in four fully vaccinated people, and it's vaccinated people who have spread it - how else has it crossed countries?

Oh and if it is more infectious, wearing a flimsy bit of fabric over your face isn't going to stop it.

Are they? I wonder how you explain how Wales and Scotland consistently had higher infection rates than England after 'freedom day' when they kept mandatory face coverings. Or why countries like Sweden or certain states in America have had lower numbers than places with much stricter restrictions.

Masks have not made any difference to the trajectory of infections anywhere in the world. They are just an easy way of being seen to be doing something, a symbol. Incidentally I have noticed a lot more disposable masks littered in the street since they became mandatory again - weirdly the pro-maskers never talk about the huge environmental impact of all this PPE...

Yes.https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases compared to:-https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51768274

BTW I agree with you about people discarding masks in the street.It's a (disgusting and potentially dangerous) habit.

Last edited:
I'd like to see your evidence for that claim. The majority of hospital patients with COVID are vaccinated. Omnicron was first detected in four fully vaccinated people, and it's vaccinated people who have spread it - how else has it crossed countries?

Oh and if it is more infectious, wearing a flimsy bit of fabric over your face isn't going to stop it.
The Omicron variant is widely expected to be the dominant form of the virus in the EU by mid-January and in the UK by the end of December.

That's why politicians in the UK (and elsewhere) are panicking.Expect the NHS to run up the red flage for hospital admission in a week or so.

The idea that it's vaccinated (rather than unvaccinated) people who've spread the new variant is,of course, unfounded nonsense.

Don't think anybody is suggesting that facemasks will stop the spread of the new variant but they might well slow it down.

Last edited:
If omicron is milder and is nothing more than a cold for the vast majority of people, as all the evidence so far suggests, there is actually an argument for letting it spread and displacing delta as the dominant variant.

Could we have spent the last 18 months training army personnel with nursing skills/the skills to care for Covid patients and they could have helped man the Nightingale centres?

I expect there may be practical problem with the above and I'm certainly not claiming to have all the answers, but there seemed to be no disaster plan at all for a vaccine evading variant which was always going to be a possibility and is now happening.

We cannot keep going on like this. I refuse to believe there's not another solution other than just 'lock down' when cases become high - these lockdowns just cause so much damage.

Could we have spent the last 18 months training army personnel with nursing skills/the skills to care for Covid patients and they could have helped man the Nightingale centres?

I expect there may be practical problem with the above and I'm certainly not claiming to have all the answers, but there seemed to be no disaster plan at all for a vaccine evading variant which was always going to be a possibility and is now happening.

We cannot keep going on like this. I refuse to believe there's not another solution other than just 'lock down' when cases become high - these lockdowns just cause so much damage.

The army are too busy driving petrol tankers

So we now know for an absolute fact that Covid 19 is a man made 'virus'. It never came from bat soup. The current MSM narrative is it was released accidentally.

Some people are now asking are these variants natural or have they been released accidentally.

Everyone is now being told to have a booster jab that was produced and manufactured before Omicron existed. How do they know its effective?

It’s all about cases and not deaths . I most know a dozen people in the last week tested positive. All said it’s like a really bad cold . They are all jabbed and said they feel fine after4 or 5 days . Hopefully this is the good news we want . Fingers crossed .

So we now know for an absolute fact that Covid 19 is a man made 'virus'. It never came from bat soup. The current MSM narrative is it was released accidentally.

Some people are now asking are these variants natural or have they been released accidentally.

Everyone is now being told to have a booster jab that was produced and manufactured before Omicron existed. How do they know its effective?
Do we?

Latest press articles I've read say that a lab release is a valid hypothesis - e.g. it hasn't been ruled out. That seems a long way from 'absolute fact'

Back