• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Kings Lynn

Never a penalty however from the east blues their goal was offside so evened out?

Cardwell will be good and Davies looks a great prospect at RWB.

10 clear and 14 off the playoffs ?

The Hall is a nice positive happy place to go again ? we dominated the game & even if I am not sure about the penalty we thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

New signings looked good & made an instant impact, the fab 3 are as expected slowly turning things round, we are definitely on our way back ?

Last edited:
3 points, a very decent crowd and I forgot my glasses. Not a problem for driving but calamitous for watching football properly. We had blobs in blue on the pitch and they were blobs in yellow. So for the moment I've got the hump that I missed most of the action clearly......and there was someone very near us that had outrageously rotten wind for most of the match which made the West stand burgers smell reasonable. Whoever you were in T block west, I hate you. More tomorrow on the game when my senses and humour have recovered.

Well that was a fine example of the team spirit Maher, Currie, Bennie and Stan have been building. What a performance, even when somehow we were behind. What was that about!?

KL goal led a truly charmed life on that first half and we could easily have been several goals ahead, our shots somehow catching a leg on the way through. Even the deflections were bouncing just wide or over the bar.

Cardwell is great. Big. Strong. Pacy. Able to win his flick ons but just as happy to make a run. One from Arnold saw him clear from the half way line in acres of space on the left. Not seen that for a while. While some of you are swooning over this looks, I really like this guy as a signing. Well done to the recruitment team.

The front three were relentless and it just felt like Cardwell’s power and pace was bringing the best out of all of them.

Neal just gets us ticking over and our midfield always seems to be ready to move forwards. Atkinson is a great foil and ran his heart out tonight.

Husin looks like a real talent. Super positive. Must be a nightmare to play against. Can’t wait to see more.

For all our dominance, Arnold still came to the rescue more than once. Solid defences and dare I say it, future promotion pushes need a strong goalkeeper.

Hobson is an unbelievably talented footballer for about 60% of the game. Outrageously good. But then there’s the 40% that just makes it a bit too interesting. Heart in the mouth stuff sometimes but a great performance tonight.

Really, really enjoying the football from this team again. We’re creating chances and we’re always pushing forward.

Lucky in the end with the penalty but we didn’t deserve to be drawing anyway. Dalby did well despite KL’s successful efforts to delay and delay the kick.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

Thought all 3 debutants did very well albeit Noor for a short outing.. Stand outs for me were Hobson and Dennis.. 6122 at the citadel of football on a cold Jan evening got their reward in the end. Didn’t think it was a penalty but we have had enough bad luck over these past few years. The Maher project is alive and kicking !, COYB.. !!

Never a penalty however from the east blues their goal was offside so evened out?

Cardwell will be good and Davies looks a great prospect at RWB.

10 clear and 14 off the playoffs ?
I was in East Block A and I thought it was offside too. Referee also missed a blatant handball from a KL defender in their own penalty box shortly before. So the decision at the end made up for it.

Never a penalty but think we deserved the three points.

Arnold again made some truly class saves as he’s done most of the season so far to be fair. Their keeper also made one of the best saves I’ve seen in a long time! Thought Hobson was excellent and I can’t wait to watch his assist again a hundred times. It was bloody brilliant. Defence was pretty solid and had everything under control. Neal had another superb game. He’s got intelligence and wisdom far beyond his years. Reads the game incredibly well and keeps the ball moving. He’s a real quarterback type player who defends well, but can also turn defence into attack pretty quickly.

The front three did well and I’m not ashamed to say I’m a bit in love with Matty Dennis. He’s grown hugely in confidence and never stopped working hard and wanting the ball tonight. The new boys also looked really good and Cardwell won pretty much everything.

Three on the bounce and loads to be positive about. We’ve massively turned a corner and I’m loving it. Great night of football. Up the blues ?

Wasn’t the best display tonight, new guys all looked good. Thought Dalby was a bit of the pace tonight didn’t seem his normal self. Got a lucky decision with the pen but about time we had some luck. MOM Atkinson for me
Opinions eh? I thought it was one of Dalby’s best games and certainly more dynamic than usual. Each to their own. ?

WOW. Roots Hall absolutely rocking tonight. Feels like the fortress is rebuilding itself.

Best players for me were Dennis, Hobson, Cardwell and Atkinson.

Credit to Sam Dalby for winning the pen and putting it away. Might have been a bit lucky but across the game the refereeing decisions balanced out.

We should have won by goals in open play but got to remember there were some debutants today and they will need time to fully integrate.

That was fun.

As Lee said, forget the actual match - leaving Roots Hall with a skip in the step because the team has performed, has attacked, has shown desire, has shown intent and makes you want to do it again. All the things that weren't there that made watching week in week out a mentally trying and wholly upsetting experience.

Bring on Barnet!

Back