• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-1 Kings Lynn

A good report- other than your contrary views again on Atkinson who clearly has run over your cat. Forget the cat. It was a cat.
Yeah I thought Atkinson played well and his experience in there was helpful. Don’t agree we were getting overrun in midfield either, sorry YB! Maybe in short spells but I think we were first to most 2nd balls and defended well, with Cardwell leading from the front. I think we forget how awful last season was!! Arnold made a couple of important saves but I didn’t really feel Kings Lynn threatened us much, goal aside.
We had pace, guile and energy which will see us right in this league.

Missed this one as I was working, stuck the radio on in the car and it was 0-1 (1st half) and I thought "not missing much"

I almost felt sorry for Kings Lynn but then I remember their Harry Enfield caricature of a chairman (Google him if you haven’t seen him)

The penalty is laughable but we’ve had that go against us for what feels like at least at 4 years now so we’ll take it

You’ll forgive me if I missed the radio commentary for this one. I finally got my freedom at midnight my time and got home at 1am having finished off the gin.

What a great wake up that was. Managed to find the official match thread without seeing other threads snd relived it page by page.

3 points, a very decent crowd and I forgot my glasses. Not a problem for driving but calamitous for watching football properly. We had blobs in blue on the pitch and they were blobs in yellow. So for the moment I've got the hump that I missed most of the action clearly......and there was someone very near us that had outrageously rotten wind for most of the match which made the West stand burgers smell reasonable. Whoever you were in T block west, I hate you. More tomorrow on the game when my senses and humour have recovered.

I would suggest if your eyesight saw blobs playing football, it definitely isn't good enough for driving ?

It’s now officially my birthday today, but still buzzing from my best present from last night. Sometimes it’s not always how you win, but just win at all costs. People can say it wasn’t a penalty but who cares, 5 mins before their lad blatantly handled the ball and we got nothing and also their goal looked offside. What king Kev has got with this side is a never say die attitude and they are all fighting for the badge, something we haven’t seen for many seasons. The team is set up solid, but to play with freedom and with a bit more luck sooner or later we are going to give someone a good hiding. How many blocks did KL put in in the first half and also their keeper made a wonder save. So 1~0 down at HT but not deserved. Second half we stayed patient and got our rewards.

Arnold- rock solid as always and distribution spot on tonight
Davies- excellent debut, mobile quick and boy he can cross a ball
Clifford- again solid and worked hard all night down the left
Ralph- Mr Dependable and got forward working with Clifford well
Lopata- just love this guy, no nonsense defending and just loves playing for us
Hobson- best game for a while, at times he can be shaky at the back but just loves to get forward and what an assist for the goal
Neal- brilliant again breaking up play and getting the ball forward quickly, don’t think he has lost yet in a blue shirt
Atkinson- rolling back the years, where does he get his energy from and at times in the first half he was the driving force
Dennis- took his goal well and caused them no end of problems, but again went off with cramp
Dalby- worked hard and linked up well with Cardwell and glad he got to take and score the penalty
Cardwell- wow what a debut, all it was missing was the goal. Worked non stop, has pace, not frightened to shoot and one header after header. Looks a real find, well done @StanleyVictorCollymore

Ferguson- not enough time to do much, but on current form he is down the pecking order
Husin- think he will become a fans favourite, only on for 25 mins but just slotted in to play and always tried to look forward and be positive. Think it won’t be long and he will be a starter

fans, superb, 6000 plus another great effort, can see us hitting 7000 before season is over, such a great atmosphere and even at one down the crowd got behind the team, a point made by Dalby. We’ve come a long way since that dark day in Solihull. I’m off to Aldershot Tuesday but can see us taking 700 maybe based on what I’m hearing which again would be fantastic. Dover, you can probably double that figure next weekend

well done, Kev, Darren, Benno, Stan, John and Tom, we are getting our club back, but more importantly our identity back

Welcome as the three points are it is still worth remembering that this is a very tough league to be competing in. Despite our recent improvement in results and personnel we still had to struggle to overcome the second worse team in the competition. Our win came via a late (fortunate?) penalty, and, after falling behind after twenty seven minutes. I say this not to be negative but just to underline the fact that there are no easy games in the National League.
It also makes me shudder to think where we might be if the recent 'revolution' had not taken place.
A win is a win and it does seem we now have the personnel to compete with anyone in the league. There is every reason to be optimistic about the future but more than a few battles lie ahead. This is a very demanding competition and nothing can be taken for granted.
UTB.

I would suggest if your eyesight saw blobs playing football, it definitely isn't good enough for driving ?
To be fair, the blobs comment was bought about by the glare of the lights and me losing focus on players in front of the East stand, closer to the West I could see reasonably. But most of all their number 10 added weight to my comment, not helped by the Blue Voice chanting 'You fat person without parents' each time he got the ball. Oh, and I left my glasses in the car so driving home was ok.

RHB mate, I feel for you.

But do yourself a favour, use your glasses if you need then and have a look at the NL League table.

It might help ease the pain a little ?
Table checked, lungs refreshed and all is well in the RHB household now. Well apart from Mrs RHB passing a comment that I reminded her of Max Wall (look it up) when I removed my thermal long johns at bye byes time. She can be cruel at times.

Want to see the penalty again, but felt their player got the ball but went through Dalby to get it. We were by far the better team on the night, and felt the ref had missed plenty beforehand. I sure we will get stuff go against us in the next games coming up.

great result last night, more hard work on tuesday with a big noisy following it could be the difference again,I would be happy with a point but it's nice to say I would be dissapointed to not take all 3 ....................haven't had that feeling for a long time

only one worry is Molesley, you never know what will happen when we face the ex-manager

Back