• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend Utd 2-1 Kings Lynn

I read the Dennis goal and celebration after in that most of our players couldn't catch Dennis, and only Clifford who was over that side was able to celebrate. All the others celebrated with Sean as it was a decent bit of skill from him to delivere a decent cross.
Also it was only 1-1 in a game we were expected to win, celebrations tend to be more muted when you still need another goal.

Also it was only 1-1 in a game we were expected to win, celebrations tend to be more muted when you still need another goal.
Absolutely. Several players were shouting to others to get back in position for the restart and not waste valuable time. Unlike earlier in the season when it would have been the slow, slow walk back to the halfway line hoping to hold out for a draw!

I don’t get this. It was a 25 yard strike going in the middle of the goal. It moved in the air but he had to recover as for himself poorly positioned in the first place
Correct —and Ox would HAVE caught it comfortably.

Maybe not but I expect a club of SUFC's standing to add some commentary to the highlights. :Cry:
We're operating during a pandemic after back-to-back relegations. That has an impact on staff numbers, and I suspect adding commentary to a two-minute YouTube clip is probably not priority numero uno. Particularly as the media dept (who likely work long hours for not great wages) may have had a rare full weekend off after a Friday game.

Yes he could have done. Then again it was a corner with no pace which means we should have been convincingly attacked on the first header. The lose ball was a real poor clearance and the crosser had to much space but a man should be detailed to shut that down, not sure if its WA.

We don't hold our line properly, so needs work. It looks like Hobson plays him on but same as Dagenham does not get in a position to defend the header..... Finally a very poor and late shout for offside by Ralph....Hold your line and shout as the player is crossing, it influences officials.

Over all a poor goal to concede but its always a team effort good or bad.

The good news for our equaliser watch Atkinson. He spotted the danger when Hobson went forward down our right so was in place for the lose ball. He then played one of his many sharp no nonsense passes to Hobson to help create the goal.......Ferguson would have never been there in the first place. Phillips or Guard may have covered and collected the lose ball but then turned inside and look for an academy safe ball, possibly losing it and stranding Hobson.

Luckily for us King Kev knows how important it is to have an Atkinson type player if you want to give confidence to your attack loaded team.

One of 20 forward passes, of which 16 were successful, that Atkinson attempted on Friday. By far his best passing performance this season.

Do me a favour he would probably of stood still just like that Harrogate goal. Fact Arnold is twice the keeper Oxley was/is
? and I used block capitals to help those who also can’t speak English properly either !

We're operating during a pandemic after back-to-back relegations. That has an impact on staff numbers, and I suspect adding commentary to a two-minute YouTube clip is probably not priority numero uno. Particularly as the media dept (who likely work long hours for not great wages) may have had a rare full weekend off after a Friday game.
Maybe not but it should be.In those halcyon days when we were a L!/2 team(even during the pandemic) there was certaintly a commentary on our match highlights.Curiously enough back then,there were no Youtube "clips" on a weekly basis, (as far as I'm aware). :Angry:

I thought their goal had more than a whiff of offside, but blaming Atkinson after Clifford failed to clear the ball is borderline insanity.

The more I look at the penalty, the more I think it was an OK decision. I know Dalby has said that he thought it was a fair challenge, and a few years ago, I don't think that would have been given, but the defender has taken him out as well as touched the ball and that's a penalty 95% of the time this season.

As for the celebration, although it was a tidy finish by Dennis, looks like most players were congratulating Hobson for the assist, which was top class.

And finally, fair play to KL defender Ross Barrows, who liked my tweet where I called him a 'tosspot'.

Maybe not but it should be.In those halcyon days when we were a L!/2 team(even during the pandemic) there was certaintly a commentary on our match highlights.Curiously enough back then,there were no Youtube "clips" on a weekly basis, (as far as I'm aware). :Angry:
I may be in a minority but I really don’t understand why commentary would be required for highlights.

It’s not as if during a game there needs to be commentary piped through the tannoy for people to understand what is happening, so why would this be needed for highlights?

I’d much rather just hear the crowd noise than someone tell me what I can already see.

I may be in a minority but I really don’t understand why commentary would be required for highlights.

It’s not as if during a game there needs to be commentary piped through the tannoy for people to understand what is happening, so why would this be needed for highlights?

I’d much rather just hear the crowd noise than someone tell me what I can already see.
Like that video the club posted that RHB shared on another thread. Really gives you a taste of the atmosphere and what it’s like to be at the actual game.

The reason there was commentary last season is because it was already lined up through ifollow. All they needed to do was take the clip from that.

We don't have ifollow this season so it would be an extra job in the editing process.

Is commentary on highlights that big a deal though?

I thought their goal had more than a whiff of offside, but blaming Atkinson after Clifford failed to clear the ball is borderline insanity.

The more I look at the penalty, the more I think it was an OK decision. I know Dalby has said that he thought it was a fair challenge, and a few years ago, I don't think that would have been given, but the defender has taken him out as well as touched the ball and that's a penalty 95% of the time this season.

As for the celebration, although it was a tidy finish by Dennis, looks like most players were congratulating Hobson for the assist, which was top class.

And finally, fair play to KL defender Ross Barrows, who liked my tweet where I called him a 'tosspot'.

The pen was almost two footed. Any defender knows late on in the box you need precise key hole surgery with just your toe. Rather swinging an axe....Even if you hit the right spot you have given the ref an excuse......Exactly the same when your on a yellow.

As it happens I agree with that. At the time I thought it was a poor decision, but having watched the highlights I'm not so sure.

Is is slightly odd that we didn’t celebrate as a group with Dennis when he scored? May be just good professionalism to get going again?

To be fair, I expect the players were not that excited to get level against KL at home!

The reason there was commentary last season is because it was already lined up through ifollow. All they needed to do was take the clip from that.

We don't have ifollow this season so it would be an extra job in the editing process.

Is commentary on highlights that big a deal though?

Quite.Yes for me it is.Without it I haveto download a team sheet from the match thread and try and follow the game as best I can.For this reason alone (apart from many others) I welcome the day we're back in L1.

Back