• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some Club Staff Salaries Late/Embargo Chat - now resolved (for now)

Whilst I can fully believe we are behind on wage payments given our history are the two posters making the claims here actually in the know?
The one that said it is one of the most reliable in this situation

Perhaps why the ticket office was shut that random day. I wouldn’t be turning up if my employer didn’t pay me.

Just not right. Live within your means. Simple life lesson.

The one that said it is one of the most reliable in this situation
What roles are the people that haven't been paid?

The pitch is being reseeded so we can assume the ground staff have been paid.

Are we talking about the stewards here or ticket office staff?

It’s not my place to disclose this information

I’m just curious though why does the pitch work matter if the ground staff have been paid or not ? It’s always an external company that carry out this work

Since before last season ended there have been warning signs regarding cash flow. So it really isn't surprising that there was a big push by the Club for season card sales for cash or bank transfer as income during the close season must be very low or nil. Maybe now is the time to introduce credit cards to purchase season cards again? I doubt this is a Southend only problem which is of no consolation for the staff remaining unpaid. The other possibility is that supporters that have withheld season card purchase on principle, now bite the bullet and buy. You never know you may be paying someone's wages.

I’m just curious though why does the pitch work matter if the ground staff have been paid or not ? It’s always an external company that carry out this work
Because someone has to coordinate the work and check its being done correctly and that should be the groundsman.

It’s not my place to disclose this information
So it's your place to say people haven't been paid but you can't say who, the only place its been mentioned is on this thread and your the person that confirmed it.

Sounds an awful lot like stirring the pot to me

The person that come on here to update us doesn’t deserve people calling him a liar is all I’m saying I know this person and I was just confirming he is one of the most credible people in this situation, by all means your welcome to think it’s just stirring the pot if that’s what you want to believe

These people still turn up to work out of the goodness of there heart which I think should be appreciated as this club would be in a serious issue if they didn’t.

The person that come on here to update us doesn’t deserve people calling him a liar is all I’m saying I know this person and I was just confirming he is one of the most credible people in this situation, by all means your welcome to think it’s just stirring the pot if that’s what you want to believe
I don’t think anyone has called anyone else a liar. People seem to be disappointed and sympathetic, but still want to test the validity of the claims a bit as it is easy to make claims and many do try to stir the pot. FWIW I believe you but it’s not unreasonable on an anonymised forum for people to try to verify a bit when claims are made.

Does not add up to me, why would we be spending thousands on renewing the pitch and not paying members of staff.
I am sure if there was any truth in this CP would be all over it.

People need to get their heads out the clouds. This is why people like myself don’t put known facts in this forum you all come running when a new signing was mentioned by myself.

Since before last season ended there have been warning signs regarding cash flow. So it really isn't surprising that there was a big push by the Club for season card sales for cash or bank transfer as income during the close season must be very low or nil. Maybe now is the time to introduce credit cards to purchase season cards again? I doubt this a Southend only problem which is of no consolation for the staff remaining unpaid. The other possibility is that supporters that have withheld season card purchase on principle, now bite the bullet and buy. You never know you may be paying someone's wages.

Buying a season card on credit card doesn’t help our current cash flow situation as the credit card companies won’t release the funds until the matches have been paid.

Does not add up to me, why would we be spending thousands on renewing the pitch and not paying members of staff.
What doesn’t add up is our accounts.

SZ has always broken these stories first. CP usually only reports on them once they are resolved.

I see no reason to doubt this story which is consistent with several previous ones which were later confirmed to be correct.

People need to get their heads out the clouds. This is why people like myself don’t put known facts in this forum you all come running when a new signing was mentioned by myself.
That’s turned out to be correct might I add

We as fans are not privy to the payment from Sponsors, National league, parachute payments from the EFL etc

Things are tight for all companies (unless your in the business of selling petrol or energy in which case you are like a pig in **** at the moment) so it only take a little hiccup or unexpected bill to start knocking over the dominos.

It's only when you start to get the money in that the dominos can be stopped from being knocked over and you then go about the process of picking up the ones that have fallen over.

Granted you pay staff first, especially in these tough times but it may have been just unlucky with the timing of the bank balance on the day versus what was due to be paid.

We have sold just over 2,000 season tickets. Assuming all of these were at the adult price of £295 (which they wouldn't have been) then the max the club have received would be £590,000. That money has got to last the club the lean months of May, June, July and also into August before they start to get substantial money back in the door in terms of gate receipts, entertaining at match days etc

Bare in mind energy costs. How much does it cost to turn on Roots Hall for game in terms of energy / electricity. All homeowners are protected by the price cap, not businesses. There was an article on a pub where the energy was £30,000 for the quarter!

I'd love to think the bulbs in the floodlights are the latest LED bulbs, and all lights in Roots Hall, Boots and Laces are the best LED or energy saving equivalent but I doubt they are.

The club has started to turn the corner with regards to how we conduct ourselves on and off the pitch. But like the a big boat it takes a while to turn direction fully. The finances of this club are not going to be fixed overnight. But given time i'm sure that Tom will get the club running on a much better financial footing.

Buying a season card on credit card doesn’t help our current cash flow situation as the credit card companies won’t release the funds until the matches have been paid.

What doesn’t add up is our accounts.

SZ has always broken these stories first. CP usually only reports on them once they are resolved.

I see no reason to doubt this story which is consistent with several previous ones which were later confirmed to be correct.
Is that for definite Yorkie? Surely an element of the payment should come to the Club as soon as the transaction is made?

Is that for definite Yorkie? Surely an element of the payment should come to the Club as soon as the transaction is made?

Banks put this practice in place during Covid with people contacting their card companies and claiming either a chargeback (where the card company contacts the supplier and gets the money refunded) or via section 75 where the credit card company refunds it and then they are owed the money by the company.

To now cover themselves the main players (Mastercard, Amex, Visa etc) have put in place arrangements with various types of businesses whereby the money is drip fed across on a weekly / monthly basis. So as we sold season tickets the card companies would know its for a season ticket and would portion the money up accordingly throughout the year.

So if anything did happen like covid again then the card companies are not as financially exposed as they would have been previously.

Banks put this practice in place during Covid with people contacting their card companies and claiming either a chargeback (where the card company contacts the supplier and gets the money refunded) or via section 75 where the credit card company refunds it and then they are owed the money by the company.

To now cover themselves the main players (Mastercard, Amex, Visa etc) have put in place arrangements with various types of businesses whereby the money is drip fed across on a weekly / monthly basis. So as we sold season tickets the card companies would know its for a season ticket and would portion the money up accordingly throughout the year.

So if anything did happen like covid again then the card companies are not as financially exposed as they would have been previously.
Thanks for that @Supershrimper, now it makes sense. Pretty rubbish for the retailer though hence the cash/bank transfer stream.

have we spent thousands renewing the pitch or are we doing it on credit?

Back