• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much more I can add after what @StanCollymore added.

As I’ve said before, I’m hearing 3 are “close”. Two of those have been named on here, and one I still don’t have the name of.

Also, I’m not sure if they are all at the same stage of “close” or whether they are at different stages of “close”. None of them are loanees I’m being told.

Also, they are the only targets we are in discussions with. I’m told, they are just the closest, but all can change over the space of a conversation.

I’ve been told to expect that Mooney & Cav won’t be the only new faces come pre-season.

No update on those who we offered new deals on. I do know that Clifford has been away on holiday most of the summer, first with Lewis Gard & Callum Powell, but also with another group too. But, of course, that’s just an excuse, no one in the SUFC footballing world is allowed to be on holiday, must be something a lot more sinister afoot…

Sorry, where you mention “these are the only targets we are in discussion with”, I assume this should read “these are NOT the only targets……”????

From one of those daft Twitter accounts who normally get it wrong! "Colchester United and Southend United are both in advanced talks to sign attacker Courtney Senior following his release from Newport County"

From one of those daft Twitter accounts who normally get it wrong! "Colchester United and Southend United are both in advanced talks to sign attacker Courtney Senior following his release from Newport County"
Prefer his brother, Junior Senior - some cracking tunes.

In seriousness, didnt you guys have Senior before??

He had a cruciate ligament injury and was out for the whole of last season. You can have him! We have had plenty of players like that in the past

Prefer his brother, Junior Senior - some cracking tunes.

In seriousness, didnt you guys have Senior before??

Yes he was with us 2016-2021 and played over 120 1st team games for us, very quick with great skill but never really fully lived up to his potential. He was released by us a year ago and signed quickly for Newport but never played a game for them after suffering a pre-season cruciate ligament injury and missed the entire season! Still only 24 he would be a decent punt for someone willing to risk he has recovered from that serious injury. I doubt very much we are interested in him but you never know he was only really released as a cost cutting measure at that time.

I have put it on the Ex-players site too, but because he was mentioned, looks like Zak Brunt is about to sign a 2-year deal with Bradford City.
Where are you seeing that? Good in him if true, be a good move for him. I believe we did register an interest with Sheff Utd in having him back on loan.

Where are you seeing that? Good in him if true, be a good move for him. I believe we did register an interest with Sheff Utd in having him back on loan.

Usually a good source of info...Scroll down to post #642

I have put it on the Ex-players site too, but because he was mentioned, looks like Zak Brunt is about to sign a 2-year deal with Bradford City.
If brunt is signing for Bradford, it's because sheff Utd have not offered him a contract,Think lopta still has a year left,Also Neil has just signed a new 2 year, think we are more interested in bringing back lopta and Neil.But good move for brunt (did well for us) if Bradford move happens, but can't find anything about the move on the web,So where's your information from?

If brunt is signing for Bradford, it's because sheff Utd have not offered him a contract,Think lopta still has a year left,Also Neil has just signed a new 2 year, think we are more interested in bringing back lopta and Neil.But good move for brunt (did well for us) if Bradford move happens, but can't find anything about the move on the web,So where's your information from?
Look at the previous post.

The fact that agents and indeed players are now contacting me on a daily basis wanting their clients or themselves to come to our club should give you an idea of the level of respect our Football Department has in the industry.

Think this is key, agents especially avoided us like the plague, signs that our football club is being trusted again.

Lopata, Lopata, Lopata 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back