• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any ITK want to enlighten us on the radio silence?

I think most have whittled it down to wages of non-playing staff, but it would be nice to get some kind of communication from someone, clearly the club aren't going to communicate what the hold up is so maybe someone else can?

Michael Gyasi... if there wanting young players, or Josh Ajayi
Juan luque, Maidstone... if u want to add another out and out winger... luke coulson

I think most have whittled it down to wages of non-playing staff, but it would be nice to get some kind of communication from someone, clearly the club aren't going to communicate what the hold up is so maybe someone else can?
I have my theories but no point going into kt too much. Some of the posts on the "late salaries" thread in the Finances section should give you a good idea.

Hold up is there lot experience players that have left on big wages, needing to be paid the last of there wages... before we can pay this new guy this wage, and that one that wage.. hopefully 1st days of next month things should be fine...

I don’t have any ITK information on why these deals haven’t been announced, but we aren’t under an embargo.

The Club haven’t announced we are even close to signing anyone, because they never do and nor do any other Clubs. Managers may speculate, but a Club won’t say we are signing X, Y & Z.

So why would the Club say, we are set to sign X, Y, Z but we won’t announce them because of this?

That’s not how football works.

I have a theory on why they haven’t been announced, but it might not be correct. As @Yorkshire Blue said, there could be any number of reason why these deals haven’t been made “official” yet. None of these players, or even Mooney or Cav, are official “ours” until 1st July.

I’m expecting the three new guys to be at pre-season training on Wednesday, along with Mooney & Cav. Noor may not be, he may have been given an “extended” break as he had international duty over the Summer.

I don’t have any ITK information on why these deals haven’t been announced, but we aren’t under an embargo.

The Club haven’t announced we are even close to signing anyone, because they never do and nor do any other Clubs. Managers may speculate, but a Club won’t say we are signing X, Y & Z.

So why would the Club say, we are set to sign X, Y, Z but we won’t announce them because of this?

I have a theory on why they haven’t been announced, but it might not be correct. As @Yorkshire Blue said, there could be any number of reason why these deals haven’t been made “official” yet. None of these players, or even Mooney or Cav, are official “ours” until 1st July.

I’m expecting the three new guys to be at pre-season training on Wednesday, along with Mooney & Cav. Noor may not be, he may have been given an “extended” break as he had international duty over the Summer.
To be fair, didnt you say the same thing repeatedly last year - we weren't.... until we were!

Not saying your info is duff at all, but have presume you may not be privvy to the info if we are or are not as you were last year?

To be fair, didnt you say the same thing repeatedly last year - we weren't.... until we were!

Not saying your info is duff at all, but have presume you may not be privvy to the info if we are or are not as you were last year?

Or, at the time when I denied it we weren’t under an embargo, and then we were?

The National League play by different rules compared to the Football League.

We were in dialogue with them about our ongoing problems, and a deal was being arranged, and then we were handed an embargo. It wasn’t out of the blue, but it wasn’t expected to come. We expected to agree a deal and be shown a degree of leniency, which we probably would have got with the Football League, but we didn’t with the National League.

I wasn't exactly referring to an embargo, personally I don't think we are but this kind of silence is the exact same silence that loomed before the one was announced after we signed Osadebe and Vassell.

I always don't think it has anything to do with the fact their contracts aren't up either, otherwise Cav and Mooney would've likely not been announced until the same date as well.

I've seen quite a few people say they'd expect the announcements each day and then nothing comes of it so it's just setting nerves amongst the fan base. There is clearly an issue because the club has never been reluctant to announce signings once they have been done so it poses the question?

I expect them in pre-season too but it still doesn't answer why they haven't been announced, no one has formally announced there is issues with wages, and if there is, why? And when can these staff expect to be paid, because it seems by posts that it was exactly the same last month - what's the difference since now and then that we have been now been able to pay last months but now not this months again.

Just think there is too many unanswered questions here, and some respect to the unpaid staff would be nice too. Everyone thought the issues would have been ironed out with Tom coming in.

Last edited:
I wasn't exactly referring to an embargo, personally I don't think we are but this kind f silence is the exact same silence that loomed before the one was announced after we signed Osadebe and Vassell.

I always don't think it has anything to do with the fact their contracts aren't up either, otherwise Cav and Mooney would've likely not been announced until the same date as well.

I've seen quite a few people say they'd expect the announcements each day and then nothing comes of it so it's just setting nerves amongst the fan base. There is clearly an issue because the club has never been reluctant to announce signings once they have been done so it poses the question?

I expect them in pre-season too but it still doesn't answer why they haven't been announced, no one has formally announced there is is with wages, and if there is, why? And when can these staff expect to be paid, because it seems by posts that it was exactly the same last month - what's the difference since now and then that we have been now been able to pay last months but now not this months again.

Just think there is too many unanswered questions here, and some respect to the unpaid staff would be nice too. Everyone thought the issues would have been ironed out with Tom coming in.
I’m not sure everyone thought the appointment of Tom would magically solve everything. I think it has improved things but there seem to still be issues.

Ultimately the club is reliant on Ron’s financial support. Budgets are agreed in advance but if the money budgeted for isn’t forthcoming when Tom was told there isn’t much he can do.

The only way out of this seems to be to get the new stadium built at which point Ron will give up control of the club. The new owners may be better or they may be worse. We may not be fully rid of Ron either as our landlord is likely to be a company controlled by him.

I wasn't exactly referring to an embargo, personally I don't think we are but this kind f silence is the exact same silence that loomed before the one was announced after we signed Osadebe and Vassell.

I expect them in pre-season too but it still doesn't answer why they haven't been announced, no one has formally announced there is is with wages, and if there is, why? And when can these staff expect to be paid, because it seems by posts that it was exactly the same last month - what's the difference since now and then that we have been now been able to pay last months but now not this months again.

Has the Club ever come out and confirmed/denied rumours about staff wages? That’s a genuine question. I don’t recall it.

The Club hardly ever come out and confirm/deny rumours of any matter. If we are linked with a player, a managerial change, a new sponsor, unpaid/late wages, anything, so why start now?

Tom has done an incredible job since his appointment, and we’d be in a lot worse state without him here believe me. But ultimately, there is one person who signs the cheques, and if he doesn’t, what can Tom do?

On a side note. You are an agent of a player we are interested in, and before one of our meetings you see an article on the website either confirming or denying unpaid/late wages? Obviously the Club will dress it up in the best possible light on themselves, say a delay in season ticket monies coming through (or whatever, but something you could arguably believe for why there is a delay), how will that effect how you advise your client?

The article may say, all wages are fully paid and were on such and such a date, but then would you expect the Club to put this type of statement out every time it pays its staff?

I’m not defending the Club. I don’t know about the “non-playing staff” wages. I’m staying out of all of that. But, because we have been in this position before, it’s easy to accuse them of doing the same again, even if that’s not the case. It’s the same as a partner who cheated in the past, and still getting accused of it every time they go out.

I wasn't exactly referring to an embargo, personally I don't think we are but this kind of silence is the exact same silence that loomed before the one was announced after we signed Osadebe and Vassell.

I expect them in pre-season too but it still doesn't answer why they haven't been announced, no one has formally announced there is issues with wages, and if there is, why? And when can these staff expect to be paid, because it seems by posts that it was exactly the same last month - what's the difference since now and then that we have been now been able to pay last months but now not this months again.

Good post. The only thing to add on the very last bit is that this is Tom’s first summer with SUFC.

Given Ron’s probably quite complicated finances perhaps Ron blindsided him a bit or simply failed to sort out any financial chicanery in time to have the funds in place when payroll ran. Either way, I think Tom is going through this specific challenge with Ron for this first time, and I’ve no doubt he‘s learned a few things from the experience.

If you‘re reading this Tom, please please ensure this cant happen again. If there’s some bank transfers needed in the close season to get the funds to the right account then early monitoring, constant checking and a plan B need to be in place. Easier said than done with Ron I’m sure but just the basics of a reputable business really.

Good post. The only thing to add on the very last bit is that this is Tom’s first summer with SUFC.

Given Ron’s probably quite complicated finances perhaps Ron blindsided him a bit or simply failed to sort out any financial chicanery in time to have the funds in place when payroll ran. Either way, I think Tom is going through this specific challenge with Ron for this first time, and I’ve no doubt he‘s learned a few things from the experience.

If you‘re reading this Tom, please please ensure this cant happen again. If there’s some bank transfers needed in the close season to get the funds to the right account then early monitoring, constant checking and a plan B need to be in place. Easier said than done with Ron I’m sure but just the basics of a reputable business really.
I don't think Tom needs advice on what is or should be needed. He worked with Scally at Gillingham so must be quite aware of working within constraints and required controls

Has the Club ever come out and confirmed/denied rumours about staff wages? That’s a genuine question. I don’t recall it.

The Club hardly ever come out and confirm/deny rumours of any matter. If we are linked with a player, a managerial change, a new sponsor, unpaid/late wages, anything, so why start now?

Tom has done an incredible job since his appointment, and we’d be in a lot worse state without him here believe me. But ultimately, there is one person who signs the cheques, and if he doesn’t, what can Tom do?

On a side note. You are an agent of a player we are interested in, and before one of our meetings you see an article on the website either confirming or denying unpaid/late wages? Obviously the Club will dress it up in the best possible light on themselves, say a delay in season ticket monies coming through (or whatever, but something you could arguably believe for why there is a delay), how will that effect how you advise your client?

The article may say, all wages are fully paid and were on such and such a date, but then would you expect the Club to put this type of statement out every time it pays its staff?

I’m not defending the Club. I don’t know about the “non-playing staff” wages. I’m staying out of all of that. But, because we have been in this position before, it’s easy to accuse them of doing the same again, even if that’s not the case. It’s the same as a partner who cheated in the past, and still getting accused of it every time they go out.
This is a worrying statement. Ron failing to sign the checks again was really looking forward to this season aswell :(

I don't think Tom needs advice on what is or should be needed. He worked with Scally at Gillingham so must be quite aware of working within constraints and required controls
Agreed. It was more a frustrated plea than advice. I think it’s pretty clear there‘s been an issue with non-playing staff pay; i think it’s pretty clear that whatever issue that relates to is the reason signing announcements are delayed; and I think it’s almost certain that Ron is responsible. This time I wouldn’t blame Tom too much, personally, but if it happens again then that’s an entirely different matter.

Agreed. It was more a frustrated plea than advice. I think it’s pretty clear there‘s been an issue with non-playing staff pay; i think it’s pretty clear that whatever issue that relates to is the reason signing announcements are delayed; and I think it’s almost certain that Ron is responsible. This time I wouldn’t blame Tom too much, personally, but if it happens again then that’s an entirely different matter.
Without any comment from the club, all anyone can do is speculate about the reasons for the silence. If we go by our history, then it's natural to believe it is finance related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back