• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Carl Reader (Seventy7 Ventures) - Want to acquire the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I should know who Carl Reader is. Sadly, I haven't a clue and so I'm not sure how I'm meant to react to this.
Haha - you and me both. Looked him up on LinkedIn, seems we both went to SHSB (he joined a few years after I'd left) and he now seems to be a franchiser/motivational speaker who has written a couple of books.

Save Our Southend has been speaking with Carl for a while now, and we are impressed with what he has to say. Our club desperately needs meaningful change at the top sooner rather than later in order to move forward and to do the positive changes so far on the pitch the proper justice. It remains our opinion that Southend United's reputation will never recover until Ron Martin has left the building.

We believe that Carl can provide this change. He has attempted to approach Ron Martin courteously and out of the public eye but has not been afforded the decency of a response. We suspect that Carl is far from the only interested (and likely viable) potential buyer to be ignored in this fashion. Either way, the narrative from Mr. Martin that there is no alternative to him must be shown up as the nonsensical propaganda that it is.

We are pleased to throw our support behind Carl and we urge Ron Martin in the strongest possible terms to engage with him as soon as possible. If the Fossett's Farm development really is the only way for Southend United and the Martin family to be separated, and the plans are as close to fruition as they appear to be, then now is the ideal time for Mr. Martin to begin charting an exit course and to give Southend United fans hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Ok. that helps fill the gaps a bit. On the 'really well for himself' front, does that mean he has, or has access to, dosh of sufficient magnitude that a bid for the Club could be made or possibly on the cards. I'm not on a catheter trip here, just trying to understand the weight of his twitter message. Thanks for the extra info by the way.

Ok. that helps fill the gaps a bit. On the 'really well for himself' front, does that mean he has, or has access to, dosh of sufficient magnitude that a bid for the Club could be made or possibly on the cards. I'm not on a catheter trip here, just trying to understand the weight of his twitter message. Thanks for the extra info by the way.
Check out the Q&A

I know he has money and it’s legitimate I wouldn’t have thought he had the money to buy the club and debts etc outright that’s where the company he mentioned comes on … the thing with Carl is like all successful business people .. others are also interested to invest and work with them … unlike that orrible hairs old knt we have at the helm where it’s the complete opposite … so I would think he has the team in place

It will very interesting to see how this develops and I shall watch with interest. Good heads up, thanks.

Quite a significant amount to have the bank if claiming to fund the Fossetts Development? Also not sure how seriously to take a guy who applied for the managers job based on experience on a computer game.
When he was 14 ffs. Did you miss that bit…

Big question he needs to be asked,
1. if the group buy the club how much debt will the club saddled with?
2. What is the net worth of the group?
3. Have the group got funds to pump £150k into the club each month every month
4. What is the purpose behind the investment, just getting the club back to the football league is no difference to Ron’s dream of championship football

If not there is no sensible answers, then it’s the same pipe dream of Ron

Napster and I both went to school with Carl and he is a legitimate Southend fan and has done very well for himself. He used to post here regularly back in the day. I haven't spoken to him for a while but I'm going to let him know that I will support him in any way I can. I don't have his financial resources but could maybe throw a couple of hundred Ks into the pot if it helps. A few of us looked at trying something similar in 2019 but we just couldn't come up with enough money when looking at what Ron wants to walk away from Fossett's. If Carl can take over this club it would be fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back