• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 Boreham Wood

Hyde couldn't wait to get off that pitch - probably on a train to Wrexham as we speak - I have never seen an injured ayer so keen to get off the pitch! Maher had to tell him to sit down!!
He will left his Chelsea tractor with his tacky plate in the car park then :Smile:

Just seen Hyde limping to his car ... Not going to see him for a few weeks at least

NEEEEEED A STRIKER!

Chris Wreh and Powell did well but aren't out and out strikers

It’s not embarrassing if you win. If we played like that and won I’d be perfectly happy.
Football was a big loser today. Like everyone, not impressed one bit by Boreham's gamesmanship. The ref should have been stronger but I have no high expectations after last season. All this does not excuse the Blues' performance. Woeful. Inadequate, powder puff. We could be playing to Thursday and not score. At least this underlines it is going to be a long, long season and a division we could be in for a while. Feeling half empty after today. May feel better after a thumping win next week at league leaders!

BW must be a horrible side to play against, nearly all bruisers and they executed their game plan perfectly. I don’t think we were bullied but we just lacked ideas again.

Our defence didn’t have much to do really because although I thought Hobson had a decent game and I’ve been a big critic of him in the past.

It’s obvious that our players are still a tad unsure 🫤 about things but maybe that’s because we didn’t keep to one side throughout the pre season.

Very frustrating but I can’t see us salvaging much from the next three games unless we get our **** together RAPIDO.

Also goes to prove lack of minutes that I was concerned about because Dan Mooney was struggling with cramp from around 75 minutes

Were we that bad or is it just an opening day massive overreaction?
This….

1st game of the season, it wasn’t pretty in fact it was as dull as dish water. But they weren’t anything and will be up there at the end of the season. They had 1 shot, their keeper made 2 very good saves and Steeeve had nothing to do apart from pick the ball out the net once.

I reckon the team in around 10 games time will have at 3 maybe 4 different players from the one that started today…things will settle down in a few weeks, no need for the doom and gloom yet …..Liverpool only just drew with Fulham earlier ….does that mean they are in for a season of struggle ?? I dont think so

Last edited:
It is obvious to post that Hyde having to go off at 9 minutes changed the game and ruined our line up.
That said Bridge wasn't doing a lot, he seems unsure of his positions and decisions.
The BW goal was a fast interchange, Clifford got caught flat but not sure who was supposed to be with the goal scorer as he had too much time and space.
After that BW shut up shop and we had nothing to bother them.
Powell was a good change at half time, runs, works and SHOOTS! KM needs to make the other know they are allowed to shoot too.
The BW gk did a few 8/10 saves but none were closer to us scoring than Powell's side net free kick.
We over worked the slow slow build ups.
The cards were earned and ref did okay but BW played him and he had little options. We desperately need Murphy and Cards back......yesterday.
Same as too many games last season, too slow build up, wing backs playing too much as a back 5, midfield not pushing forward and playing 5 5 0 formation isn't best for goal threat.
That said Steve had very little to do, very very little.

Never really got going, after Hyde went off we didn’t really seem to know what to do. We were too slow in our passing, no pace, no creativity. Really missed Dalby’s ability to hold the ball up and play others in. After all the hype about Mooney I was disappointed and he played much deeper than I expected. Powell offered a bit of pace and was much more direct than anyone else.

Last edited:
Back