• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will the cost of living crisis affect the club?

brigg blue

Newbie⭐
As the title says really, the Isthmian have agreed to teams starting matches earlier to avoid the cost of using floodlights, surely rising costs are going to put additional strain on our club.

Attendances are likely to fall and match day spend will also reduce, just how much is that going to impact our club?

My guess? Like all eisure, massively. "Fun" is an easy expense to cut in one's personal budget. £3.35 for coffee at Costa? Not any more (for example).

I'm part owner of Lewes, we averaged 863 last season and 772 so far this but we've not had Bognor Regis or Hastings at home yet - local derbies - they should pull in well over 3,000 for the two games - so we shall see.

Think it might help. Might increase people to go to local clubs rather than the expensive premiership clubs for their fix of live football.
Yes, that could well happen, also there is no PL or EFL football when the World Cup is being played, that could entice some fans our way as long as the fixture doesn't clash with a big World Cup game. On the other hand attendances are down at most sporting events these days and the fuel bills will only get worse. Will be interesting to see what the attendance figures are by the end of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see kick offs start earlier for some night games, possibly re-arranged too. Will impact local clubs more than us

Not only might our income be reduced, but inevitably our costs will go up. Utility bills, transport costs etc have as much an impact on businesses as households

Glory grabbing has no price limits,be successful and they will come honest.
I think you might be underestimating the dire effects this crisis (crisis being the key indicator here) will have on many people and families. If people are struggling to keep their heads above water by providing the absolute basics, paying for the footy, no matter how well we might be doing, will just be an impossibility.

Attendances don't really correlate with player budget or performance when your have a diabolical clown owning the club so it won't effect us much.

Attendances don't really correlate with player budget or performance when your have a diabolical clown owning the club so it won't effect us much.
I think it will, the diabolical clown is putting in a lot of money per month which only increase, work on the new stadium may be starting but the timing couldn't be worse

I think it will, the diabolical clown is putting in a lot of money per month which only increase, work on the new stadium may be starting but the timing couldn't be worse
Money meaning debt from the other companies he is involved in! He's not funding the stadium/housing either!

Tuesday games are bad enough as it is for us. How will an early KO help?
We may not be able to afford the cost to run. I would not be surprised to see some midweek games moved in the league until later in the season when it's lighter later

This is the season we need to pull Man City, then Liverpool then Spurs in our FA Cup run..

* yes, I am drinking and I know we’ll get Cheltenham away and get knocked out before December.

Reactions: JD
Had to think about this when planning games I could attend (from far west Cornwall) and have punted for a couple in October (away at York) and November (home to Dorking) but can't realistically make too many plans beyond then, though would like to go to Wrexham in March, depending on what the effect of the COL crisis is enacting by then.

Back