• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United receive apology after having goal incorrectly disallowed against Wrexham

I'm not sure if this helps or makes it more frustrating 😂, hopefully they may take a bit of a look at refs in our future games as it seems we get the worst possible ones we can

So they admit they made a mistake in not awarding the goal,which is good they admit the error but the referees are still making major errors and dont seem to learn from their mistakes.

Oh great... an apology... that'll get us our robbed points back 👍🏻

It's a shame that the guy who admitted it was the wrong decision, didn't go into detail as why no decision was made until after the Wrexham players confronted the linesman, & what he said to the ref??

Hopefully someone on here who is registered on the Wrexham forum can update them on their Reaction thread. That point they gained at our expense might be crucial for them at the end of the season.

The goal was disallowed when the Wrexham players surrounded the ref and he bottled it. An apology doesn't change a thing, only take-away from that is a lesson learnt for the team about how to deal with the craptitude of the officials in this league.

Such bull****. 3 points robbed. Tinpot.
2 points robbed we got one for the draw
end of season i a team gets robbed of promotion by wrexham they can feel agrieved ,can just see it now a team finishing 1 point below Wrexham and miss out on promotion.

So two consecutive games we have been involved in where refereeing decisions have been admitted to be wrong. I wonder how many other such examples there have been this season across the National League. The overall standard of officiating ought to be a concern to the powers that be as I am sure many other clubs have been on the wrong end of poor decisions.

I thought I'd seen the worst referee at Eastleigh until last weekend.

If it was a game in Africa, he would have definitely been accused of being crooked, with all bookies cancelling any strange bets on the game.

5 points lost in those 2 games which isn't good enough.

I hope he’s also told other refs to give us some decisions in the future to make up for the 2 points we’ve lost because of it

Back