• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is officially World Cup Month

Apparently ticket prices for locals are from abt $11 whereas for overseas supporters they from $69…...there’s just b*gger-all to like about this WC….

So Qatar have won something, they are the first World Cup host team EVER to loose their opening game,

Do the Qatar supporters realise the game is 90 minutes? Most of them looked like they left after 45 mins and did not return to their seats.
Probably got their wages at half time

So Qatar have won something, they are the first World Cup host team EVER to loose their opening game,

Do the Qatar supporters realise the game is 90 minutes? Most of them looked like they left after 45 mins and did not return to their seats.

CGI is a great thing, they probably wasn't even there in the first place.

England this afternoon at 13:00hrs. I will be watching up to H/T then I've got a poxy blood test at Valkyrie Road at 14:25hrs. I don't have any scruples about watching this and I desperately want the Lions to have a great tournament no matter what the noise around the tournament is making.

Where are all the women supporters?

Not seen one yet, normally the camera zooms in on the pretty ones, but thinking about it they would all probably have Hijab's on.

Due to segregation they are probably all huddled up in the top tier.

A group of England fans were arrested last night for singing "Get your face out for the lads"

I’ve not seen one flag hanging off a car, normally there’s 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🚗 everywhere. Wrong venue wrong time of year and now this knee **** is starting up again it’s just a zero interest event.

Most of the Qatari’s must be closet Hammers, 2 nil down most f..ked off at half time 😂

I’ve not seen one flag hanging off a car, normally there’s 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🚗 everywhere. Wrong venue wrong time of year and now this knee **** is starting up again it’s just a zero interest event.

Most of the Qatari’s must be closet Hammers, 2 nil down most f..ked off at half time 😂
If the players want to take the knee that's their perrogative.

If the players want to take the knee that's their perrogative.
Agreed, although given that England today have announced that they're not going to wear the One Love armband because FIFA said they'd get booked it does feel like the squad is only willing to take a stand so long as there are no consequences, which isn't much of a stand at all. If England properly want to take a stand they should wear the armband, get sent off and then point out how ridiculous it all is.

Agreed, although given that England today have announced that they're not going to wear the One Love armband because FIFA said they'd get booked it does feel like the squad is only willing to take a stand so long as there are no consequences, which isn't much of a stand at all. If England properly want to take a stand they should wear the armband, get sent off and then point out how ridiculous it all is.

Exactly, it's just hollow virtue-signalling. We've known about this tournament for 12 years, if they really cared that much about the issues in Qatar they'd boycott it. If not, then respect the rules and the culture and get on with doing what you're there to do. Enough of the politics, let's just try to enjoy the football for a few weeks. It's still the World Cup.

I watched little bits of the game yesterday, mainly because I wanted Qatar to get totally smashed. Did anyone else think that once it got to 2 nil Ecuador didn't really try anymore, I could be well off the mark but it felt like they didn't want to embarrass Qatar.

10 minutes to kick off, England fans are still waiting to get into the ground, reportedly because of e-ticketing issues.

a2f30984-f4bc-417f-b4ab-3e2eb0dd67c0.jpg

I watched little bits of the game yesterday, mainly because I wanted Qatar to get totally smashed. Did anyone else think that once it got to 2 nil Ecuador didn't really try anymore, I could be well off the mark but it felt like they didn't want to embarrass Qatar.

I thought the same. I wasn’t sure whether Ecuador had taken their foot off the gas or were just a poor team. Im still not sure tbh.

Either way, a good team (who fancy it) would have/will put 7 or 8 past Qatar.

I’d fancy us to beat them comfortably.

Edit* when I say us, I mean Southend rather than England… but I doubt England would struggle either.

Back