• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Darlington - travel, pubs etc.

The weather forecast for Saturday afternoon is 10°c, feeling like 7°c because of the wind. Cloudy with the occasional sunny period and the first 6 rows of plastic seats are pretty much all available at the moment. So there is no need to sit on the wooden seats if you don't want to at the moment, and the sun isn't going to blind folk. It's not the West stand but you can't have everything.

I would love to know what a proper football club is.
Well, according to @AndyDarloFC, Southend Utd are. So, by definition a basket case club with an adoring fan base which is skint more times than it's not and playing in a crumbling ground with a couple of Asbestos roofs and a main stand made from umpteen years old tinder dry wood. It's not hard to work it out when you put your mind to it it @BALDY mate.

Well, according to @AndyDarloFC, Southend Utd are. So, by definition a basket case club with an adoring fan base which is skint more times than it's not and playing in a crumbling ground with a couple of Asbestos roofs and a main stand made from umpteen years old tinder dry wood. It's not hard to work it out when you put your mind to it it @BALDY mate.
OIC But you forgot to mention the toilets lol

Would you say that if we reached wembley .If we did there would be 10.000 plus glory hunters .Same as when we went to cardiff .20.000 followers .Also at wemberley same again . Its strange where these so called fans come crreeping out of the woodwork .
I hate the term glory hunters.

If we reach a cup final the more the merrier.

I have a lot more contempt for those who think that travelling to God forsaken hellholes every other Saturday somehow makes them more worthy of enjoying the meagre crumbs of success that somehow fall our way

Absolutely not, well apart from the possibility that we get promoted this season.
I'll be on the road at 7 o'clock and with any luck (and a whip-round with a rather large cap next week) our band of butchers, bakers and candlestick makers will be tucked up the night before in a 5 star Premier Inn on the Esplanade to prepare for battle with football's elite.

I'll be on the road at 7 o'clock and with any luck (and a whip-round with a rather large cap next week) our band of butchers, bakers and candlestick makers will be tucked up the night before in a 5 star Premier Inn on the Esplanade to prepare for battle with football's elite.
Remember, don't go to Fossetts Farm next Saturday as it's just pretty blue fences around fields at the moment! Roots Hall post code is SS2 6NQ.

The Castle Pub, to the east of your hotel was, pre covid, a reasonable family type pub. Those on the "golden mile" are so so. Usual stuff off High Street.

Where your staying is about a 25 min walk to the ground, which could take 3 hrs if you stop off in most pubs en route!.

Two of the best eateries in the city are close to High Street.
Pipe of Port for traditional top end Brit food
IL PESCATORE for authentic Sicilian food.

Both are top notch, not cheap but ALWAYS quality.

Back