• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Darlington - travel, pubs etc.

Looking like Mawson's or Mawson's at the moment, particularly if they have some Harvey's from Lewes.
If its the one on Southchurch road then its a good couple of miles to the ground

Used to visit Darlington a lot with my former in laws as it was their closest "big" town. I doubt our ground has changed much since they were last here for a game!

I'd estimate anything between 3/400.

I know of at least 2 full supporters coaches, 1 unofficial coach that's full. Shot in a load that are getting the train down and/or are exiles down south; it'll be a good following.
excellent. will be good to get a proper away support down. Most in NL bring one man and a dog. safe journey down to you all

My one Darlington visit saw a number of home fans run a mile when I tried to give them free tickets.
This was Aug 9, 1969. School pal Dave Barnett had given me a fistful, and someone asked were they fakes, ha, ha!
Imagine sitting up nights forging tickets for a game attended by 3,904?
For the record, a Blues 2-0 win; goals by King Billy and Sammy McMillan.

My one Darlington visit saw a number of home fans run a mile when I tried to give them free tickets.
This was Aug 9, 1969. School pal Dave Barnett had given me a fistful, and someone asked were they fakes, ha, ha!
Imagine sitting up nights forging tickets for a game attended by 3,904?
For the record, a Blues 2-0 win; goals by King Billy and Sammy McMillan.
"Those were the days my friend, we thought they would never end". Whatever did happen to Micky Orr? (answers on a postcard please) and currently living in my garage as we write this is his famous or infamous blue & white walking stick.
(If you know, you know):Thumbs up:

Used to visit Darlington a lot with my former in laws as it was their closest "big" town. I doubt our ground has changed much since they were last here for a game!
I used to go there on business between 97-07 couple of times yearly. Always remember passing a Rex Vardy (?) car showroom after turning off main A road, & there was a large Morrison's store near the ground.
The ground looked impressive, shame it never reached it's potential, due to a 'dodgy' chairman.

By the ground only pub will be the railway but only for well behaved away fans. If not then you will have to head to town which is a 20 minute walk slug and lettuce is 1st pub you come to there.
Any decent pubs in the town that welcomes away supporters? We should be arriving about midday after a 6.30/7am departure?

I used to go there on business between 97-07 couple of times yearly. Always remember passing a Rex Vardy (?) car showroom after turning off main A road, & there was a large Morrison's store near the ground.
The ground looked impressive, shame it never reached it's potential, due to a 'dodgy' chairman.
I'm talking about Feethams, near the town centre, I think you're talking about the out of town one, George Reynolds white elephant, with the brick "Mallard" alongside. We used to go to that Morrisons before they built the Tesco in Catterick, which was closer to where they lived.

Last edited:
Back