• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Darlington - travel, pubs etc.

I'll be on the road at 7 o'clock and with any luck (and a whip-round with a rather large cap next week) our band of butchers, bakers and candlestick makers will be tucked up the night before in a 5 star Premier Inn on the Esplanade to prepare for battle with football's elite.
Bloody hell you are driving to Argentina!

Bloody hell you are driving to Argentina!
Personally if i was driving from Darlington on a Friday, i'd leave at 9.30am after rush hour. Would still arrive in Southend by 3pm avoiding the late afternoon rush hour.
Enough time to unpack, have a nap & venture out to savour the delights of Southend on a Fri night in mid January!! ( good luck! ).

Any decent pubs in the town that welcomes away supporters? We should be arriving about midday after a 6.30/7am departure?

Or you could use the number 9 bus that stops opposite both Premier Inns on the esplanade. It will drop you off right outside Roots Hall.
Not sure I'll be needing a bus or any other form of transport once I get settled into Mawsons.

Not sure I'll be needing a bus or any other form of transport once I get settled into Mawsons.
Well researched. For similar quality try Craftwerk and/or Mile and a Third.
There's also The Old Trout, which I've not been to in years but I hear good things about the beer.

Anyone know how ticket sales for this one is going ?
Slowly. This game isn't listed on our ticket sales app so there is no accurate count, but if you look at the East stand seating plan, I doubt we have sold more than a third of the seats at the moment. But........if we win well this afternoon I would imagine sales will go up sharply next week. Probably looking at around 2k final home sales.

Slowly. This game isn't listed on our ticket sales app so there is no accurate count, but if you look at the East stand seating plan, I doubt we have sold more than a third of the seats at the moment.
When i purchased 2 on Thurs, the guy showed me the seat layout for the East Stand. There had been few purchased, but as you say a decent performance today should improve the turn out.

Don't be giving us the jitters about a spot of rain in the city by the sea. The transport's booked, the pubs researched and our motley band of part-time players are being treated to an overnighter with full English thrown in. So just tell me the carpet bowls surface will be fine and our luxury seating in a plush stand is primed and ready for our raggy arsed northern army. We'll leave the whippets tethered on the pier.

Don't be giving us the jitters about a spot of rain in the city by the sea. The transport's booked, the pubs researched and our motley band of part-time players are being treated to an overnighter with full English thrown in. So just tell me the carpet bowls surface will be fine and our luxury seating in a plush stand is primed and ready for our raggy arsed northern army. We'll leave the whippets tethered on the pier.
Bloody Northern Monkeys, always moaning. :Winking: The North Stand probably offers the best acoustics in the ground (for years it was 'our stand') and a plastic seat is a plastic seat, especially if it's not bolted to crumbling concrete. As for the playing surface, you'll have to judge for yourself. Safe journey down fella.

A superficial glace at the East stand seating plan suggests it's about half full at the moment. Hopefully the home gate will be in the region of 2k come kick off. Really looking forward to it after the Solihull demolition job last week.

Our Ultras will be circling the hotel all night, bibbing horns and waving flags out of the roofs of their Fiat 500's. Fire alarms and even sprinklers will be going off all night. We take our cup games seriously on the Essex rivera......

What pubs are on the list?

Back