• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula One 2023

Was speaking to someone involved in the Aston Martin team, there is high hopes for the car next season.

There will be a couple of new faces in regards to team principals with Mattia Binotto leaving Ferrari and Jost Capito now stepping down at Williams.

Mick Schumacher joins Mercedes as their reserve driver. Toto Wolff knows a talented driver when he sees one!

You must have missed last season - fact is your name don’t make you special you advance on merit not your birth name
Watched every race last season. And as it shows there he finished ahead of the more experienced Magnussen in 13 races.

Watched every race last season. And as it shows there he finished ahead of the more experienced Magnussen in 13 races.
And I watched every race mate point is if he’s that good why did Hass bin him off? Gunter is no mug.

Am I saying Schumacher is ****? No course not he has come through f3 and f2 for a reason but to finish all but 2 races and only score 12 points in a much improved Hass car for 2022 does not inspire confidence. Not to mention his qualifying has been shocking.

And I watched every race mate point is if he’s that good why did Hass bin him off? Gunter is no mug.

Am I saying Schumacher is ****? No course not he has come through f3 and f2 for a reason but to finish all but 2 races and only score 12 points in a much improved Hass car for 2022 does not inspire confidence. Not to mention his qualifying has been shocking.
Gunter didn’t keep him on because they want to develop the car and wanted more experienced drivers. Not an up and coming driver, he said that in his interview.

Schumacher has got to this stage with the help of his name. But his name doesn’t drive the car, he has had to learn that skill and he unlike someone like Stroll has come through F3 and F2 with great results. This year out will hopefully help him and I hope to see him back in an F1 seat and competing.

Gunter didn’t keep him on because they want to develop the car and wanted more experienced drivers. Not an up and coming driver, he said that in his interview.

Schumacher has got to this stage with the help of his name. But his name doesn’t drive the car, he has had to learn that skill and he unlike someone like Stroll has come through F3 and F2 with great results. This year out will hopefully help him and I hope to see him back in an F1 seat and competing.
Stroll is about one of the only pay drivers which a modicum of talent!

Though I use to love Pedro Diniz back in the day… lord knows why 😂

I tend to agree
Time will tell, he’s now Mercedes 3rd driver and I expect will be in the running to replace Hamilton when he retires. I might not be the biggest fan of Toto but he knows talent. I think I’ll trust his judgement on Mick.

Have to see a massive overall improvement from Schu junior for him to earn a seat at Mercedes on merit. To date he’s done nothing to suggest he has the ability to compete at the top level.

Back