• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula One 2023

I’m starting to lose faith in this season. What on earth is going on.

Needs some major changes in rules and put the emphasis back on the actual race / racing which is becoming almost a secondary issue. For me it’s fast losing its spectacle.

Yet another bore-fest other than Ocon close to flattening the clots in the pit lane. As for the sprint races…a side-show gimmick that doesn’t help improve the main race merely an cr*ppy attempt to justify the ridiculous price of tickets. Won’t be watching any more this season.

Yet another bore-fest other than Ocon close to flattening the clots in the pit lane. As for the sprint races…a side-show gimmick that doesn’t help improve the main race merely an cr*ppy attempt to justify the ridiculous price of tickets. Won’t be watching any more this season.
And a way of getting the most money out of the weekend.

Drive to Survive has increased the interest in F1. We were busy last year for it, we have reached our limit this year and that was in April.

Street circuits are usually a dull affair unless there is a couple of crashes that mixes up the back. Other than De Vries breaking his car no one binned it.

Miami next, yet another borefest! Winds me up that circuits like this get on the schedule when you have genuine tracks like Turkey that aren’t. Turn 7 is one of if not the best turn in F1.

It’s got all so very predictable, boring events (they no longer races) on more street circuits, the worst of which imo is Monaco. Unfortunately with the ever-increasing dosh that F1 want from circuits the better of the tracks are no longer included. It was always likely to happen once the Americans got involved in F1, baseline profit is their only interest, not the actual sport.

Worst season of all time so far ? I can’t think of another season that has been as bad this early.

Worst season of all time so far ? I can’t think of another season that has been as bad this early.
We’ve had plenty of season where a teams dominance has made it dull. The Schumacher era, the Vettel era, the Hamilton era. Not all but most could be pretty dull!

I don’t think the street circuits help when there isn’t many crashes to mix up the pack. Hopefully Ferrari and Aston Martin will up their game and we can have a bit of a challenge. Unfortunately when you have someone like Adrian Newey designing cars for you, it’s hard to beat the man’s brilliant cars.

We’ve had plenty of season where a teams dominance has made it dull. The Schumacher era, the Vettel era, the Hamilton era. Not all but most could be pretty dull!

I don’t think the street circuits help when there isn’t many crashes to mix up the pack. Hopefully Ferrari and Aston Martin will up their game and we can have a bit of a challenge. Unfortunately when you have someone like Adrian Newey designing cars for you, it’s hard to beat the man’s brilliant cars.
Very true. I think I meant in terms of decisions etc.

Can’t disagree with that! The Alonso and Ocon debacles were embarrassing.

I reckon allowing cars to pit when a safety car is out on track should be ceased as it can assist teams in creating an advantage by a quick tyre-change. Pit stops imo should be allowed only during race-time. The overall issue of the use of safety cars also needs a big re-appraisal, it keeps changing from week to week how / when they are brought out and for how long.

I reckon allowing cars to pit when a safety car is out on track should be ceased as it can assist teams in creating an advantage by a quick tyre-change. Pit stops imo should be allowed only during race-time. The overall issue of the use of safety cars also needs a big re-appraisal, it keeps changing from week to week how / when they are brought out and for how long.
I'm not bothered by this rule really, it adds to the strategy.

The one rule I would change is that if you crash in qualifying, then your time from that session is deleted.

Interesting quali results. The Mercs don't seem on it at this track, although anything can happen.

Great to see Alonso on the front row and Perez on pole. I expect Max will work his way through the pack. However, it won't be easy as Miami is not the easiest track to overtake on.

I'd love to see an Alonso win but expect Checo will get the win.

Back