• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No Programmes Tomorrow v York City

Hopefuly not.Imagine the guy on top of the West Bank gantry is paid by the NL rather than SUFC. :Winking: (certainly the game is still being advertised on the NL website).

Do you reckon? I'd be surprised if they were paid by NL - I'd have thought the NL would just delegate everything to the club.

Weren't we told after the Bromley stream complaints - that it was the responsibility of the Bromley?

Whilst programme sales are nowhere near what they used to be, I know (as I spent last season selling them from the hut) that the average sales per game are around 600 - higher for bigger games with clubs with large followings.

Don’t know the cost for producing these but if you sell 600 you take £1,800 per game. Plus sponsors, adverts etc pay for the privilege. Obviously (was) a source of income as the club even continued to produce them during the Covid season too.
It's true.
Player shirt sponsors have paid good money to be included in the programme so technically its a break in contract

325 plus vat

I'm guessing the player sponsors night won't happen either as he wouldn't have paid for that .... where's our money gone Ron??

Screenshot_20230203_182808_Chrome.jpg

Usually part of my routine. Park , buy programme, read it in the spread with a pint, back in time for the players warm up. It's gonna ruin my pint!
I've not checked but think the upcoming away games are Tuesday night so at least there won't be a need for player hotel costs. Just got to nick a coach !

Just been told by a friend that media team are on strike tomorrow...

Apparently this would mean the game wouldn't go ahead 🤔 surely that can't be true or correct?

Don't worry. The game will go ahead. Somehow TL has fit enough pieces of the jigsaw for it to be recognisable, if not in any way complete (no programme for example). Hopefully the money earned from the 5000+ tickets already sold will help us limp further down Salvation Road.....

Don't worry. The game will go ahead. Somehow TL has fit enough pieces of the jigsaw for it to be recognisable, if not in any way complete (no programme for example). Hopefully the money earned from the 5000+ tickets already sold will help us limp further down Salvation Road.....
A good proportion of the 5000+ sold are season tickets, money already received and spent

Whilst programme sales are nowhere near what they used to be, I know (as I spent last season selling them from the hut) that the average sales per game are around 600 - higher for bigger games with clubs with large followings.

Don’t know the cost for producing these but if you sell 600 you take £1,800 per game. Plus sponsors, adverts etc pay for the privilege. Obviously (was) a source of income as the club even continued to produce them during the Covid season too.

I think the sponsors part is the Important bit here. These guys will have paid thousands (and thousands) of pounds and being in the programme is part of that I would have thought!?

Used to love football programmes. Used to collect them too. Mail order from an address at the back of shoot. Used to get these packs from random clubs. Remember getting some from Denmark—Boldklubben something or other— and poring over them imagining what their home ground was like. Got some from Boston Utd too which was intriguing. They were non league like us now. Obviously ended going there for matches in the 2000s. What a **** hole

A good proportion of the 5000+ sold are season tickets, money already received and spent
Only those paid in cash - so I think we will end up with 3500 paying on the day or through credit card company if bought on a card after cash only period ended - so still the little matter of £40k plus

So you think the club is funding his other companies? That well known magic money tree that is Southend United Football Club?
Who knows??? Can anyone trust the man?

All the so called money he's pumped into SUFC I doubt is all his own. He's borrowed money from so many sources no doubt to pay off a number of companies to his name. Wouldn't surprise me one bit....
That's why he keeps saying HMRC will be paid then each time it's not.... he's run out of friends to borrow from.
Financially, he's a complete shambles and I doubt SUFC employees are the only ones under his name not getting paid. Wasn't 4 other companies to his name this week recieving a winding up order? ....

Back