• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
Unlike yourself I haven't got the time to go trolling through all somebody's posts in detail in an attempt to make a personal judgement about them, that could of course be wrong

I could argue there have equally been a few posters on here beyond Shrimpet Steve claim who do seem to be more skilfully in Rons camp, and I suspect quite a few people are also aware of that, but then you will accuse me no doubt of being Knocked or paranoid ?

I get your point that he may not have been too heavy on the game comments, but has it not occurred to you that quite a few supporters have reached desperation stage , where like it or not their position leaves them more anxious about the survival of the club, and hence their major focus is on that rather than whether Hydes hamstring might ping in the warm up

Hence my polite thought you might like to be a little more careful with your own bashing judgements

Nobody has told me its a board where the majority of comments should be focussed on the match, especially when my lifelong support could come to an end thanks to the muppet in charge

I wish I had the time. My time is spent much better than sitting on SZ all day. Whenever I’ve looked into match ratings, pre-match stuff etc not once has he contributed. I’m happy to be proved wrong, but I’ve certainly not seen it. Maybe if you spent less time worrying about who the likes of Gillingham and Bury were signing you’d notice that too.

No, I wouldn’t question your support of SUFC, I’ve seen plenty to suggest you are a Southend United fan. I haven’t seen a positive post on RM for a long time.

Sorry, but because things have been bad, extremely bad, there is no excuse for knocking mental health. I have suffered with mental health issues, as have family and friends. It’s not something nice whatsoever, so to mock it as he and one or two others have, is really shameful. Same as those who have suggested RM is a cancer. I have friends whose 7 year old girl has just been battling with it, thankfully this week she got the all clear.

People can post what they want. I’m not out to make anyone post anything/renew their season ticket against their will/or any other things that people have suggested.

That’s the last time I’ll speak on this. Don’t want to be accused of anything else.

I look forward to all the tweets fans asking for a refund once we start losing the games

Expect a long wait .... only one person sorting out season tickets for a long queue.

I don't think it's fair to say Ron Martin doesn't care about the club. I do think it's fair to say he is ****ing useless, he cares more about his property dream and is more concerned about that than the club which is why we are in this mess.

I care about my pet guinea pig, but I would let it die to save my kids. Etc.

I’m sure sufc published that the ticket office would be open at 08.00 today
My arse, have been calling since then and answer phone message and then cut off :Angry:

My friend just back from ticket office and yes they was open at 8 o’clock he Said one guy answering phone & selling tickets he told him around 1500 sold so still way down on other years
Ouch that is low.

A new owner and that deficit will be rectified very quickly I feel.

Something needs to happen, soon.

As a matter of interest how many were sold in the initial early bird period last year? And how many in total? Club said they budget for 60% of season ticket sales in the ‘early bird’ period- which often gets extended by a week or two?

As a matter of interest how many were sold in the initial early bird period last year? And how many in total? Club said they budget for 60% of season ticket sales in the ‘early bird’ period- which often gets extended by a week or two?
I think we finished up at around 3,300-3,400 sales this season. So assume comfortably over 2,000 sold in the early bird.

I think we finished up at around 3,300-3,400 sales this season. So assume comfortably over 2,000 sold in the early bird.
So if they extend by a week they really need another 500 sold I guess

So if they extend by a week they really need another 500 sold I guess
Yep. Bottom line is sales are quite a way down YOY. So they need to address that. The only thing they can do is extend. Failing that we are hoping for a new owner to come in and get everyone excited again, which could have a dramatic effect on sales.

Ouch that is low.

A new owner and that deficit will be rectified very quickly I feel.

Something needs to happen, soon.
New ownership and I'm there to renew the minute after it's announced. Until then, my position remains the same.

1500 is rough compared to previous years. Unprecedented when it's been a widespread formality for fans most years I've supported SUFC.

How do our season cards compare in price to the rest of the national league?

We have just one price for adults. I'm sure that lots of sides have low cost areas and higher cost areas.

Based against the bottom end tickets I'm sure ours will be one of the highest in the league.

We spend most of the season under an embargo, being chased by HRMC and various other nightmare scenarios.

Hardly good value
This comes up every year, against other clubs' cheapest ticket options, we are one of the more expensive, but against other clubs' more expensive ticket options, we are one of the cheapest. It's what comes of having a flat rate.

We also do Senior tickets from 60, which a lot of other clubs don't.

To optimise sales , employ 3 or 4 staff to focus purely on phones and sorting online requests and renewals.

In my experience this will reap rewards, rather than putting down the phone frustrated.

Back