• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been.

But as @Medway Blue points out, budgets haven’t been set, so we’ve not been able to put concrete offers on the table, not that they could be registered anyways, but we’ve expressed our interest to these guys and their agents/families.

Despite what the most negative posters have said, there are players who want to join the Club. I’m sure that list will increase tenfold when RM sells, but if a sale does happen for a while, but RM pays up and the embargo is cleared, we will be signing some players.
Any idea for example justham , I belive we was heavily interested in any thing more concrete in it I guess not as the embargo is still in place but was just wondering that all .

On Chesterfield's player list Dallas is now shown as an ex player as his loan has expired. Is he now a free agent? Are we still interested? Is he still (iirc) interested in becoming a Shrimper?

On Chesterfield's player list Dallas is now shown as an ex player as his loan has expired. Is he now a free agent? Are we still interested? Is he still (iirc) interested in becoming a Shrimper?
Ned to get rid of the embargo first before we can sign anyone either way

Ned to get rid of the embargo first before we can sign anyone either way
We can sign anyone, we just can't register them atm.
And KM and team will be planning for the season to come and hoping for the best outcome.
Leaving any transfer player business until either new owners, court date, embargo done would be pess poor planning .

And KM and team will be planning for the season to come and hoping for the best outcome.
Leaving any transfer player business until either new owners, court date, embargo done would be pess poor planning .
Yeah very true forgot that .

Can't sign anyone without knowing our budget or our retained list

Dallas was indeed on loan from Solihull and his contract with them has expired. He is moving on, but not necessarily to Chesterfield. I would imagine he has his sights on the EFL.

Can't sign anyone without knowing our budget or our retained list
The retained list will be something that the management team will have to the forefront of their thinking AND will likely have been working on.The reality is any player is looking after his contract negotiations too.
It is good that any discussions are being kept in house and private.
As for the budget, that is a BIG guessing game and one I would expect TL to have a handle on with a close knowledge on what "probably " might be available.
#glasshalffull
#planforbestprepareforworse

The retained list will be something that the management team will have to the forefront of their thinking AND will likely have been working on.The reality is any player is looking after his contract negotiations too.
It is good that any discussions are being kept in house and private.
As for the budget, that is a BIG guessing game and one I would expect TL to have a handle on with a close knowledge on what "probably " might be available.
#glasshalffull
#planforbestprepareforworse

Yes - I can only imagine that the management & recruitment team are working as above.

I'm not full of "doom & gloom" .............. yet! :Smile:
:Thumbs up::Thumbs up:

I don’t think it will be a issue remember there’s no transfer deadline
Whilst there's no transfer deadline, most transfer business will be completed between what end of May and mid August? It will hamper next season if embargo is still here mid July.

Retained list = anyone still under contract.

Or is that too simplistic?
I'm not sure if we have any players who fit this (Murphy maybe?), but a retained list I guess will include players who's contract was expiring but we have taken up an option to extend.

obviously that needs a budget to be agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back