• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst there's no transfer deadline, most transfer business will be completed between what end of May and mid August? It will hamper next season if embargo is still here mid July.
Every season is going to be hampered anyway

Whilst there's no transfer deadline, most transfer business will be completed between what end of May and mid August? It will hamper next season if embargo is still here mid July.

It’s not ideal but I think as much business is concluded during the season as before it. The squad/XI that starts a season invariably looks a lot different from both the squad and the XI who finish it.

It’s also not as if the squad needs major surgery. We finished a competent referee at Borehamwood away from the playoffs.

I’m sure we’ll miss out on a target or two in the mean time but we’re always told the whiteboard has many names on it so I’m more concerned about the long term and putting the club on a stable footing.

Seeing teams announcing released players... ours might be soon then
We have to tell the League by the middle of next week. I believe we’ve already told the players. Whether we tell the fans is another matter.

I'm not sure if we have any players who fit this (Murphy maybe?), but a retained list I guess will include players who's contract was expiring but we have taken up an option to extend.

obviously that needs a budget to be agreed.
No

Other than than teams being able to buy and re-sign players for at least 5 weeks before we can you mean?

It'll be like doing your weekly shop at the newsagents.
Can pick up some hugely delicious foreign gems that you may not have tried if not for shopping when in a tight spot…

We signed 2 players whilst under an embargo a few years ago, we just couldn't register them

I am sure we can offer terms to who we need to while the club is sold. We need to hope that the club is sold and the embargo is lifted before the season starts

It’s not ideal but I think as much business is concluded during the season as before it. The squad/XI that starts a season invariably looks a lot different from both the squad and the XI who finish it.

It’s also not as if the squad needs major surgery. We finished a competent referee at Borehamwood away from the playoffs.

I’m sure we’ll miss out on a target or two in the mean time but we’re always told the whiteboard has many names on it so I’m more concerned about the long term and putting the club on a stable footing.

We have to tell the League by the middle of next week. I believe we’ve already told the players. Whether we tell the fans is another matter.
Don’t forget Southend united don’t talk to their fans we just get taken for granted

There isn't much point to this thread. We can't even re-sign the players we already have.

I'm not sure if we have any players who fit this (Murphy maybe?), but a retained list I guess will include players who's contract was expiring but we have taken up an option to extend.

obviously that needs a budget to be agreed.

What about those we wish to keep but are out of contract?
My original post was more to illustrate the point that we aren't in a position (and probably won't be for a while) to do anything, so the retained list would simply be anyone still under contract.
I think there are 4 or 5 that we have an option on, but if we haven't been able to actually exercise that option prior to the contract actually expiring (end of June?) I don't know where those players stand... we can tell them we want them to stay but I'm not sure if we can make them.

seems to me if their contracts dont run out until the end of June and they are getting paid ,i would suggest they will stay around until then hoping for some clarity on the ending of the embargo. As whilst they are under contract they cant go anywhere without SUFC permission and if they have been approached by other clubs surely SUFC have the right to ask a transfer fee from said clubs .

seems to me if their contracts don't run out until the end of June and they are getting paid ,i would suggest they will stay around until then hoping for some clarity on the ending of the embargo.

Respectfully, it's not about sticking around until then. They are contracted to the club until then.

Any player looking to move from one English team to another as a free agent can only open talks after entering the final month of their previous contract – with that effectively delaying discussions until any given season has come to a close.

With this in mind, our out of contract players can only technically enter into negotiations with other clubs next week.

Though in reality, im sure unofficial talks between our out of contract players, their representatives and interested clubs may well haven taken place on the down low.

Respectfully, it's not about sticking around until then. They are contracted to the club until then.

Any player looking to move from one English team to another as a free agent can only open talks after entering the final month of their previous contract – with that effectively delaying discussions until any given season has come to a close.

With this in mind, our out of contract players can only technically enter into negotiations with other clubs next week.

Though in reality, im sure unofficial talks between our out of contract players, their representatives and interested clubs may well haven taken place on the down low.
Without a doubt, the vultures will be out there trying to unsettle players and telling them to sign for other clubs, the agents will be on overtime!

My understanding was that players 23 or older can enter talks 6 months before expiry (assuming we’re still following the Bosman ruling).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back