• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of assumptions being made about the offer, for all we know they could have offered half what it is up for sale for, it could be what the asking price was or anywhere in between.

It's unlikely to have been leaked if it wasn't relatively close in my opinion.

Kimura would have been aware the story was coming out. I doubt they would ok their name being mentioned if they were not confident of a successful outcome.

If he sells then yes, they will have played it perfectly.

If he now feels like a cornered rat, anything could happen.

“Beware of driving men to desperation. Even a cornered rat is dangerous.” - Churchill
Cornered, yes, but hopefully with enough people in his ear telling him that he and the club will not get a better offer.

From what I’ve heard the offer on the table will be very hard to better
thats what im thinking and hoping for. Surely having the agents involved would mean that an offer wouldnt be submitted unless realistic. otherwise it would be a waste of time keep going backwards and forwards. but accept life (and Ron) is always that simple and straight forward

It's rumoured that Uncle Ron has been offered a berth on the "EL ANDALUCIA ",on one of the oars when she leaves Southend Pier as a sweetener if he goes quickly

Negotiations are about much more than just price.

There will also be things outside of Ron’s control, such as anything to do with the new stadium which Ron doesn’t fully control.

It's rumoured that Uncle Ron has been offered a berth on the "EL ANDALUCIA ",on one of the oars when she leaves Southend Pier as a sweetener if he goes quickly
Being paired up with Ben Hur apparently, as been said already Ron loves being seen with big names and we all know he loves a freebie

Offering exclusivity for a period isn't quite putting all eggs in one basket, but with the finances, contracts and proximity to next season its pretty close to doing so I would argue. In the circumstances, I would be surprised if the books hadn't been opened up and a firm offer wasn't there (all be it with some to and fro). It also suggests the buyers are pretty committed to buying and the seller to doing business with this particular buyer.

Time is always working for someone, and we don't know when any exclusivity period ends and how that plays into things. But it looks like this bid want over the line very quickly now.

The RM era has been for us older fans quite a rollercoaster with very good times and very bad. Recently, in particular but not exclusively, the latter. To the extent he can build a positive legacy selling to the right new custodians is now a very, very important step. Reading what CP has said, and others including ITK, he seems to have found/happened across/been presented with/ have fallen into his lap the ideal next custodians (better than we could have hoped for perhaps).

So one message to Ron: Do not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory...

PS don't overlook Ron's hubris in all this. He will want to say it wasn't all bad, there were tough times, but look I did right by the club in the end. Many will not forgive him, but from where he sits now, and to the extent his "legacy' matters to him he has a golden opportunity.

Last edited:
Negotiations are about much more than just price.

There will also be things outside of Ron’s control, such as anything to do with the new stadium which Ron doesn’t fully control.
You would hope if it goes through the first thing we will get is transparency about the new owners plans and what they have bought, and the expected timeframes. Not the commercials and the £££ but what they and we are getting, and a vision for the club both from a sustainable business viewpoint and on the footballing side.

Last edited:
Many will not forgive him, but from where he sits now, and to the extent his "legacy' matters to him he has a golden opportunity.
If he makes this sale happen, he's forgiven in my eyes.

I cannot stand the guy and what he's done to our club, but what he has done to SUFC cannot be undone.

It would do our fanbase a whole lot of good to let go if this sale goes through, leave Ron in the rearview mirror and start looking forward to better things.

Should we forget what happened though? Absolutely not.

s
Cornered, yes, but hopefully with enough people in his ear telling him that he and the club will not get a better offer.
Hope you are right but we never know with Ronnie and his perverse, arrogant style,
as best exampled by his first angry encounter with HMRC and his determined 17 more appearancies

Also the judge said this is first hearing of this petition and he has evidence that the money can be found either by sale or through family companies

That suggests Ron could come up with yet more funds if necessary , so maybe not in the tightest corner ?

If he makes this sale happen, he's forgiven in my eyes.

I cannot stand the guy and what he's done to our club, but what he has done to SUFC cannot be undone.

It would do our fanbase a whole lot of good to let go if this sale goes through, leave Ron in the rearview mirror and start looking forward to better things.

Should we forget what happened though? Absolutely not.

It will take a long time to for me to forgive.

As for him doing the right thing. That has come after so much wrong doing and his motives for selling are self preservation and as a result of so much hatred from the stands. Certainly not born out of what's good for the club.

Someone asked a couple of pages ago about the FA fit and proper persons. I believe that this is actually quite easy to pass, if they haven't been done for fraud or disqualified as being a company director then they should be fine.

RW has been declared bankrupt I believe but I don't think he is playing a big part in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back