• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Aldershot FC 1-1 Southend Utd

Husin was my Man of the match. He was absolutely brilliant. Twisting this way then that way, sometimes out of trouble. He also looked most likely to unlock their defence. A couple of missed passes, but all the others found our man.
As for the match, we're not getting the rub of the green, but hopefully that will even out. We clearly deserved all 3 points, and yet another dodgy hand ball penalty decision. The Wood one, I didn't think it was, as it was more shoulder to shoulder and Wood went down.

Think Jack Wood is one for the future.
But if we're supposed to be knackered, what does that make Aldershot?!
One striker in form (I guess everyone would like one) and we'd already be out of trouble.
Think Demi is superb.
He's lost any speed he had but made up for it with nous and direction.
Everyone is working so hard, and what terrific support!

And yet the future of our club is in doubt.
In the words of Woody Allen: 'Not only is there no God, but you try getting a plumber on Sunday!"

Just for Davewebbsbrain.....

Best i have seen us play for a long long time, special mention to Husin and J.D, superb and a great style of football....keep it up and with a few additions, safe as houses.

They were very complimentary throughout. They actually couldn’t have been more complimentary if they’d tried!!

As above, JD was excellent and it’s great to see for me as someone who was so professional and such a guiding hand on Isaac as a young player.

However, Bridge and Husin were simply unplayable at times and it should’ve been 4 or 5.

I'm struggling to think of a more dominant performance. The whole team were simply magnificent tonight. Some of our football was sublime and we pulled them all over the place.
We put so many balls into the box.... the only criticism being that we failed to get on the end of most of them.
The midfield 3 of Husin, Coker and Miley bossed it all evening. That was the best performance I've seen Noor put in during his time with us. He is so skillful.
I'm not quite sure how Cardwell failed to touch the ball over the line early on in the second half.
Who can forget the stone wall penalty for handball in the first half.
Gussy seemed rejuvenated after his mini rest.... he was a constant menace down the right hand side and remains our biggest threat at set pieces.
Gutted to only take a point. We deserved so much more. Very proud of the lads.

Last edited:
The spine of the team is excellent it makes you even more angry that we couldn't add even just 3 or 4 signings. The team doesn't need massive incomings. A couple of strikers and another midfielder and centre back and we would be pushing for the top spot this season (without a points deduction obviously).

Back