• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Aldershot FC 1-1 Southend Utd

So...in the "let's do a Barnsley" frame of mind.....We could string a few victories together then (looking at the table) we will fly up the league. The negative goal differences of all the teams currently above us bodes well for a swift climb back into play-off contention. We've done it before...we can do it again, especially on the evidence of some recent games (excluding Fylde - where we were poor).

Last edited:
Just for Davewebbsbrain.....

Best i have seen us play for a long long time, special mention to Husin and J.D, superb and a great style of football....keep it up and with a few additions, safe as houses.
Sorry, didn't see this last night as you were in my ignore list.

Nice to see something positive being said but the cynic in me can't help but think you posted this to try and prove a point. Hopefully you will prove me wrong in the coming weeks (or at least until 4th October)
Demi really is the consummate professional. Stepping in when we needed him and produces good display after display.
Husin had one of his good games last night, long may it continue

Thought that was real class when their manager or owner along with a couple of the Aldershot players came over to us with maher and the SUFC TEAM and clapped and applauded us at the end of the game.
They came close over to us.

Made me laugh thou when our fan called over an aldershot player to give him a SUFC scarf, and it turned out to be the yellow Ron the Rat scarf.

He was all set to start waving it in the air until he realised what is was, and then very professionally just put it around his neck.

And I think their manager or owner was still there clapping us as we sanging
WE WANT MARTIN OUT etc...

Class.
Sorry, didn't see this last night as you were in my ignore list.

Nice to see something positive being said but the cynic in me can't help but think you posted this to try and prove a point. Hopefully you will prove me wrong in the coming weeks (or at least until 4th October)
Demi really is the consummate professional. Stepping in when we needed him and produces good display after display.
Husin had one of his good games last night, long may it continue
Why would my stalker put me on ignore?
Plenty of positives over the years from me.
Maybe 70/30 negatives but we all know what you like to pounce on🐀👍

Watched match on Live Stream.
Possession Aldershot 20%. Blues (Yellows) 80%
We were all over them, far superior .
Got done by another long range shot, Dave Martin did not move, maybe vision obstructed.
Great approach play , we could not finish , not clinical enough.
Don’t blame players or Kev and Co, we need another goal scorer to work with Cardwell who was excellent all game.
All players ran their socks off.
Local commentators agreed Southend were the better team.
They did mention that Vilhete who was on the bench, always played like Lionel Messi when playing against Aldershot.
Maybe we missed a trick not bringing him on!
Another 2 points deserved but lost.
436 away SUFC Fans WELL Done You Lot.
COYB, UTB.
Ron Martin please bring this nightmare to an end.

Last edited:
My oh my, I am losing count of the amount of points, we have not got after dominating games this season. There is not many halves we have not been superior. Once again the football gods are smiling elsewhere, the Bridge goal not given as over the line, the Powell shot and handball. They say they are evened out over the season, well we are due bucketloads already. An amazing shift by the team, who gave everything and more. We showed what a miss GSM & Taylor were from our team from Saturday. Husin was immense in the Fonguck role and florished playing alongside Bridge and Demi in their triangles down the left for which Ralph is also currrently missing. We need to shoot more to score as evidenced again by Aldershot, like York the other week. Husin finally did and got the rewards with the rebound to Cardwell.

Martin 6
Taylor 8
Kensdale 8
Demetriou 8
GSM 7.5
Coker 7
Miley 8
Husin 8.5 MOTM
Bridge 8
Cardwell 7.5
Powell 6

Wood 6.5

A touch of class from Tommy Widdrington and a couple of Aldershot players for their applause to us last night. The stewards were great also, saying we should have won 5-1 and hoping we will be back next season, if we do not still get promoted after all our financial woes. The away day to Aldershot has now gone up in my estimation. UTB

Last edited:
Kev says Jack Wood is 'learning' and could do with a goal to lift his confidence.
He's a decent prospect, but let's face it, if things were otherwise normal, he would be waiting his turn.
Can't tell from all angles whether Powell's shot was handballed, but as Alanis would have put it: isn't it ironic he then takes away a simple tap-in off Jack's toes?
Am wondering what word on our perennial crock: he who shall be named Ralph?

We've done it before...we can do it again, especially on the evidence of some recent games (excluding Fylde - where we were poor).

I don't think we were poor against Fylde, I think Fylde made us look poor because their coaching staff had worked out exactly how to play against us, exploiting the absences of key players and make the most of their own strengths. Sometimes we have to credit the opposition.

I don't think we were poor against Fylde, I think Fylde made us look poor because their coaching staff had worked out exactly how to play against us, exploiting the absences of key players and make the most of their own strengths. Sometimes we have to credit the opposition.
There were periods of the game where we were good but for much of it we were, as the fanzine, "all at sea" which was largely down to the makeshift and unbalanced 11 put out. For large periods we were poor.
And that is posted with no blame as there was nothing else to be done.
If, IF, we had most of our regular starters and more than 2 defenders it would, imo, have been a different, and positive result.

Back