• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

One think you have to take your hat off to RM , he really knew how to waste money , you only have to look at some of the managers and players he signed over the 25 years of his dictatorship to realise that. Plus 2million on the Dome .
Speaking of the dome, wonder if that’s included in the deal?

The new training ground can be brought back to good use .Any groundsman worth his salt can get the pitches looking good again im sure .As for an area for portercabins to be brought in .As long as Rochford council has already given the portercabins the go ahead but they did say they must be green in coulor .

Speaking of the dome, wonder if that’s included in the deal?
Just thinking the same about the dome wonder if it’s still useable and what about the roofing material that wonder if that’s still around ?

The new training ground can be brought back to good use .Any groundsman worth his salt can get the pitches looking good again im sure .As for an area for portercabins to be brought in .As long as Rochford council has already given the portercabins the go ahead but they did say they must be green in coulor .
I’m not sure but I don’t think there’s any power over there at the moment surely they will install floodlights at some time so probably a deal of work to done over there I’m guessing they run out of money to complete everything , it will have to have priority as boots & laces we have to come down for fossets development to start

I’m not sure but I don’t think there’s any power over there at the moment surely they will install floodlights at some time so probably a deal of work to done over there I’m guessing they run out of money to complete everything , it will have to have priority as boots & laces we have to come down for fossets development to start
who would you suggest will run out of money then ????

why would they need floodlighting as training is done during the day light hours .
They want to install a 4G pitch over there because it's a revenue generator. One of the many ways it will generate revenue is through pitch hire for amateur tournaments, or local teams to train on, or parties.....many of which may take place in the evening.

why would they need floodlighting as training is done during the day light hours .
For the 4th pitch that they intend to make all weather and rent out eventually. That would still make sense, even without Ron. Obviously you'll floodlights to ensure it can be rented out all year round in the evenings.

I am sure as the concortium has brought the new training ground .Along side rootshall .As they plan to rebuild rootshall i guess they will do any work needed for the new training groundin time .

The permanent facilities at the training ground were always a later phase of the Fossetts Farm plan, however I wonder if the consortium will accelerate the building programme now it’s not tied in with developments over the road?

One think you have to take your hat off to RM , he really knew how to waste money , you only have to look at some of the managers and players he signed over the 25 years of his dictatorship to realise that. Plus 2million on the Dome .
Indeed, he's like one of those OAPs that constantly buys crap on QVC because it was a "good deal" at the time....then it's left to the younger, responsible adults to clear up their mess.

I am sure as the concortium has brought the new training ground .Along side rootshall .As they plan to rebuild rootshall i guess they will do any work needed for the new training groundin time .
As some point they'll need to get the training ground up to scratch as Ron will want to start building on Boots and Laces.

Last edited:
who would you suggest will run out of money then ????
Hi Tommy when I went on the training ground tour Tom Lawrence said the warming up area was put down as a favour as it wasn’t on the budget , and when somebody else asked about the all weather pitch being completed it was the same answer it wasn’t in the budget so they had spent money but didn’t have enough to complete , don’t forget this was all around the time players & staff wasn’t n being paid on time,

Indeed, he's like one of those OAPs that constantly buys crap on QVC because it was a "good deal" at the time....then it's left to the younger, responsible adults to clear up their mess.
I would be carful whast you put One i never used QVC If i brought things i went to a store to buy thing .Unlike the yongsters of to day .Its easyer to buy it on line then go out and look around .Thats why ythe high streets around the country have so many shops that have closed down So choose you words before mate .

And the dome was a waste of money i would agree there .But as for the trainng ground Ron didnt shell out a penny .

I would be carful whast you put One i never used QVC If i brought things i went to a store to buy thing .Unlike the yongsters of to day .Its easyer to buy it on line then go out and look around .Thats why ythe high streets around the country have so many shops that have closed down So choose you words before mate .
He's talking about Ron and his impulse purchases that then sit around rotting, not you.

I've yet to meet this breed of younger responsible mess clearing adults. I'm sure they exist but they must prefer to keep a low profile dependant on the size of the mess obviously.

Back