• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
I popped over the new training ground a couple of weeks back and thought it looked a bit below par. First time I’d seen it since early Feb time. I was hoping to see luscious green pitches…. So I was surprised to see it looked as though it had been abandoned.

I went over there again this morning, and it still looks ropey. I’m not much of a gardener, and know even less about the processes involved in cultivating a pitch fit for a professional football club, but I can’t imagine overgrown weeds and discoloured grass to be part of that? It also appears to be covered with what looks like a mixture of mud and sand.

I couldn’t get any closer than the fencing, but from the pictures you should be able to get an idea of what I mean. All in all, it looks - and feels - abandoned.

IMG_3148.jpeg

IMG_3147.jpeg

IMG_3146.jpeg

IMG_3145.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear, I did wonder about the new training ground last week as there has been no 'news' on it lately.

This better not be another soccer dome white elephant that has cost our club millions. There needs to be some serious questions asked before it's too late, are the Trust/supporter groups able to find out what is going on?

Perhaps this is all just part of the bedding in of a new seeded pitch but I can't help feeling this is not supposed to be the way it goes. I wonder what makes me think that........

The pot of RM is more than empty...This has been laid to waste and not what he calls a "state of the art traing facility"

White Horse the management and builders of the said training ground have not been paid in full either..Kel suprise

Actually its a ****ing joke and he is taking the **** out of us fans at every hurdle.

Another topic for the next Trust liaison meeting. Having said that no reason why as far as I can see why our groundstaff can't deal with it. Whitehorse were only doing the maintenance up to a certain time. I know because I spoke to their worker who was cutting the grass. No need now to do anything with B&L and they can concentrate on the training ground and start moving the goal posts anytime. Unless that is something is brewing. .

Just when things cant get any worse, Ron manages to make things worse.

Its this sort of pathetic running of the club that has cost millions in the past. This will now obviously cost more money to fix and put right in the future. Probably another £50k? I have no idea, but it will certainly be something.

To say I hate that man is an understatement,

Another topic for the next Trust liaison meeting. Having said that no reason why as far as I can see why our groundstaff can't deal with it. Whitehorse were only doing the maintenance up to a certain time. I know because I spoke to their worker who was cutting the grass. No need now to do anything with B&L and they can concentrate on the training ground and start moving the goal posts anytime. Unless that is something is brewing. .
I think you'll find this is Ron's speciality, so (unpaid?) grounds staff can stand down on this.

I know if all this is true it meets the Ron modus operandi to a tee. However he needs to be careful. The training ground is one of the few assets along with Roots Hall or replacement that he has. Any buyer would want to see the training pitches. They would want to see the sprinkler system in action (I have seen them in action btw) and probably have an independent report on the grass situation. If it's below standard then obviously the price falls. If these buyers exist they are not going to be stupid

And no work on B&L until the new training ground is operational which seems some time off.
I think RM is trying to bypass that with his latest offering of moving the goalposts with an application he has put in to allow B&L to be started before the training ground is ready.

I know if all this is true it meets the Ron modus operandi to a tee. However he needs to be careful. The training ground is one of the few assets along with Roots Hall or replacement that he has. Any buyer would want to see the training pitches. They would want to see the sprinkler system in action (I have seen them in action btw) and probably have an independent report on the grass situation. If it's below standard then obviously the price falls. If these buyers exist they are not going to be stupid
Is this a hint that Snoop really is interested in buying our club?

State of it ffs.

Going to need some proper work to turn that around for pre-season.

Jones' memorial is in better shape after 100's of kids and matches on it over the winter....

I have my little Flymo at the ready, at a moments notice.

Don't mind giving the training pitch a bit of a cut given correct instruction of how to.

Back