• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

Perhaps the trust can organise with Tom Lawrence for the fans to have a look at the surface. I'd gladly volunteer to be part of it. Unfortunately they have anti vandal fencing so I'm not able to climb over them for a good look. We can also ask why there is a panel missing on the water tank.

It looks beyond a grass cut to me. It looks dead if the pictures are accurate!

What a mess.

Any good news?

It looks beyond a grass cut to me. It looks dead if the pictures are accurate!

What a mess.

Any good news?

It’s very difficult to see from a distance, and maybe someone with actual gardening knowledge could clarify, but from a cursory glance at Google, grass with a brown tinge isn’t necessarily dead, it’s just lacking in nutrients and can be brought back to how it’s meant to be.

There does seem to be some bare patches here and there, which is a bigger concern.

The good news is, we’ve got 8/9 weeks until we need to use it. Plenty of time to work it all out…. right?

It’s very difficult to see from a distance, and maybe someone with actual gardening knowledge could clarify, but from a cursory glance at Google, grass with a brown tinge isn’t necessarily dead, it’s just lacking in nutrients and can be brought back to how it’s meant to be.

There does seem to be some bare patches here and there, which is a bigger concern.

The good news is, we’ve got 8/9 weeks until we need to use it. Plenty of time to work it all out…. right?
Charlie to the rescue.

1_Charlie-DimmockJPG.jpg

Absolutely GBJ. As already stated someone maintains our current training pitches at B&L. Pressumbly our groundstaff. They don't have to do it now after Saturday. They need now to move to the new training pitches. I'm sure that must be the plan whether they have been paid or not. It's pretty important to get any teething problems out of the way like irrigation. Or am I being too logical.

I thought Whitehorse had a year of maintenance as part of the Contract based on what was said on the tour..it’s should be lush surely….. unless they haven’t been paid for the upkeep

I was told by one of the Whitehorse workers that fertiliser is incorporated during the seeding to encourage root growth, their expert's special mix dependant on conditions. The other worker said the greening was another fertiliser but only when the root system is at optimum. I don't think we have to worry about their expertise. We do need to worry if they haven't been paid which is in my book conjecture as they are scheduled to do Roots Hall maintenance and the new pitch at Fossets Farm. There are of course other firms but frankly Whitehorse do an awful lot of professional pitches and why would another firm do it if they knew Whitehorse haven't been paid.

Is this just the start to a terrible summer?

The traning ground looks abandoned, Kev has asked for assurances, sounds like the academy will go .....how long before the players out of contract also leave for other clubs..

Come the National league meeting, will we be kicked out or even have a club at all?

Anyone else wondering if it was so wise to renew ....

Back