• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

Charlie to the rescue.

1_Charlie-DimmockJPG.jpg
Looks like Ray Parlour is morphing into Alan Brazil

Is this just the start to a terrible summer?

The traning ground looks abandoned, Kev has asked for assurances, sounds like the academy will go .....how long before the players out of contract also leave for other clubs..

Come the National league meeting, will we be kicked out or even have a club at all?

Anyone else wondering if it was so wise to renew ....
Nope....Credit Card purchase, and if my contribution has helped the club financially, however small, then I'm ok with that.

Unfortunately I'm off to Scotland for a funeral tomorrow or I would have gone down with my binoculars. It does occur to me though that the pitches alone seem to be a bit red and the grass outside the pitches are green. It could be the pitches have been top dressed. We might be jumping to conclusions.
Shrimperzone jumping to conclusions, never.

When the thread gets to 5 pages its then known as fact.

I haven't touched my lawn since October / November and I can only wish my grass was a short as the grass on the training pitches. For me its been top dressed with a mixture of sand / fertilizer and and probably had some seed added, as the seed was initially put down September / October when its not the most optimal growing conditions for grass to put to root.

It may not have been maintained as often as Roots Hall or Boots and Laces as the groundstaff may have known that it would not be required this season. I'd imagine now the season is over, boots and laces will be reduced maintenance wise and the new pitches will start to be maintained more. Of course i'm sure they will keep Boots and Laces pitches in a reasonable condition until they are training on the new pitches as a contingency.

As supershrimper says, there seems little point in perfectly maintaining pitches that aren't going to be used in the next few months. Groundspeople can work miracles to take a weedy/thin turf and get it up to scratch when it's finally needed. I don't tend to be massively concerned about this. They're rightly focussing on RH and B&L until the development progresses and then they can switch attention to getting the pitches ready at the FF training ground.

I was delivering the mail down there last week and it was the first time I've ever been over to look at it, albeit from behind the gate and it certainly had that "abandoned" feeling to it. By now surely we should be seeing some structural work and or cabins put up with running hot water and waste etc... being installed ready for late June / early July. Its all a bit of a mess and further validates my option of not financially supporting the club whilst RM is in charge and running the club so badly!

The pot of RM is more than empty...This has been laid to waste and not what he calls a "state of the art traing facility"

White Horse the management and builders of the said training ground have not been paid in full either..Kel suprise

Actually its a ****ing joke and he is taking the **** out of us fans at every hurdle.
I’m sure his defenders think it is all ok blame whoever this week

Another topic for the next Trust liaison meeting. Having said that no reason why as far as I can see why our groundstaff can't deal with it. Whitehorse were only doing the maintenance up to a certain time. I know because I spoke to their worker who was cutting the grass. No need now to do anything with B&L and they can concentrate on the training ground and start moving the goal posts anytime. Unless that is something is brewing. .

I’m not sure our ground staff would be able to treble(?) their workload without taking on additional staff - and possibly additional equipment if it needs to be used in two locations at the same time. Even transporting it between the locations might be tricky - is there even a groundskeeper’s van or similar?

I thought Whitehorse had a year of maintenance as part of the Contract based on what was said on the tour..it’s should be lush surely….. unless they haven’t been paid for the upkeep
That would assume Ron/the club hasn’t breached the contract through non-payment.

I’m not sure our ground staff would be able to treble(?) their workload without taking on additional staff - and possibly additional equipment if it needs to be used in two locations at the same time. Even transporting it between the locations might be tricky - is there even a groundskeeper’s van or similar?

That would assume Ron/the club hasn’t breached the contract through non-payment.
Why treble. We don't need B&L once the training ground is playable and the temporary buildings go up. Whilst bigger than B&L both sites have 4 pitches. Unfortunately Google maps currently has an out of season photo so no pitch markings but I think I'm right.

I was delivering the mail down there last week and it was the first time I've ever been over to look at it, albeit from behind the gate and it certainly had that "abandoned" feeling to it. By now surely we should be seeing some structural work and or cabins put up with running hot water and waste etc... being installed ready for late June / early July. Its all a bit of a mess and further validates my option of not financially supporting the club whilst RM is in charge and running the club so badly!

We don't currently have planning permission for the temporary changing cabins - I think due to be decided by Rochford council this month maybe. And as reported on here previously the cabins have been purchased (or agreed to be purchased) and are just awaiting the planning permission before being on site.

We don't currently have planning permission for the temporary changing cabins - I think due to be decided by Rochford council this month maybe. And as reported on here previously the cabins have been purchased (or agreed to be purchased) and are just awaiting the planning permission before being on site.
Hmmmmmmm , I see a flaw here - does whoever we are buying them from want payment?

Back