• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

I wonder if there's any up-keep on the pitches at all, what with the warm weather it'll be needing some water. I can't help but think all the money pumped into this is going to go down the drain with the lack of attention its getting.

I mentioned elsewhere but I have a sneaky feeling that the RH pitch is going to be shocking next season.

I wonder if there's any up-keep on the pitches at all, what with the warm weather it'll be needing some water. I can't help but think all the money pumped into this is going to go down the drain with the lack of attention its getting.

I mentioned elsewhere but I have a sneaky feeling that the RH pitch is going to be shocking next season.
**** me. Looks like I'm going to have to pop down there to have a look and give an update. Unless you go round the back when you can get really near the pitches it's hard to give a definitive opinion.

View attachment 26513

At least Dr. Who is showing some interest 😁
Does anyone have the ability (and time) to superimpose on this a picture of a cyberman (or dalek) with a Ron Martin face on it and clutching a piece of paper saying 'tax bill' looking towards the 'tardis' and saying in a speech bubble "fcuk me that's all I need" and with the picture heading 'Meanwhile at Southend United's new training ground today' ??

I'll donate a tenner to SZ if anyone comes up with a decent effort.

Well, the thought of it kept me amused whilst i was cutting a clients lawn this afternoon.

OK. Popped over. Pitches look good. Clearly being maintained and cut. 3 of them have small yellow flags on them. Your quess is as good as mine.

So pitch 4. Soil based so I suspect like a good park standard. Possible conversion to all weather but not likely in my lifetime.

Not so bad if you are in your nineties ............. rather worse if you are a teenager. :Sad:

Those look like they are coming along nicely for the start of the season, given the poor state of the pitch at the hall I do wonder whether training on pristine pitches and playing on rather worse ones will have any impact

Looking good we just need players to train on them .If all these players walk at the end of june .Unless the takeover is complet .

Looking good we just need players to train on them .If all these players walk at the end of june .Unless the takeover is complet .
Isn’t it payday today for the players? Wonder how they will react if money doesn’t appear? Would be surprised if Ron covers it but surely the players would be entitled to walk if it doesn’t show up Think we might find out their intentions before end of month!!

Brilliant photo Marriss. Is it our groundstaff now beavering away at the new pitches or are Whitehorse still doing it. If it is our groundstaff have you any feedback about what they think of the pitches and whether and by how much this is an upgrade from B&L.
I don’t believe Whitehorse have any involvement now. It does look like it is our ground staff that have been there, although I’ve not been over to chat. We were due an update about the temporary facilities soon, but that might all change with new owners…

Isn’t it payday today for the players? Wonder how they will react if money doesn’t appear? Would be surprised if Ron covers it but surely the players would be entitled to walk if it doesn’t show up Think we might find out their intentions before end of month!!
I would think they are already able to walk away using the same case as Lopata if they want to, regardless of any missed pay today.

Back