• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

Apologies to come back to this old chestnut! But I was talking to someone today who's son is involved in the youth setup at Southend. Apparently they are trying to move across too the new training pitch come October.

Apologies to come back to this old chestnut! But I was talking to someone today who's son is involved in the youth setup at Southend. Apparently they are trying to move across too the new training pitch come October.
I was told around 2 weeks ago that it wouldn't be ready for "around 3 months", which would put us in October. I'm sure that's the aim but depends on whether they can sort the issues that they have over there, some of which can only be sorted with new ownership.

I was told around 2 weeks ago that it wouldn't be ready for "around 3 months", which would put us in October. I'm sure that's the aim but depends on whether they can sort the issues that they have over there, some of which can only be sorted with new ownership.
When I did the training ground tour 3 months was mentioned back then so wouldn’t take to much notice of the times the club give out . Let’s make sure we’re still around in 3 months which is still very debatable with Ron Martin still running things ☹️

What is the actual delay?

I've read bits about water not being connected etc but is that the only obstacle to over come?

Are you able to confirm the reason it's another 3 months?

What is the actual delay?

I've read bits about water not being connected etc but is that the only obstacle to over come?

Are you able to confirm the reason it's another 3 months?
There’s no water or electricity. The pitches aren’t in great shape and there are no facilities there yet (portakabins) other than that, it’s good to go.

There’s no water or electricity. The pitches aren’t in great shape and there are no facilities there yet (portakabins) other than that, it’s good to go.
Is there plans for a building there? Showers, Training Rooms etc.

Or temporary accomodation such as can be found on a Construction site.

Is there plans for a building there? Showers, Training Rooms etc.

Or temporary accomodation such as can be found on a Construction site.
Yes, both temporary and permanent buildings have planning permission. The former only given in June, but we had been told that the temporary buildings could be on site within days - guess there's not much point if no water or elec.

Does anyone know where the team are currently training?

I assume not at the new training ground, so are they now back at B&L?

Does anyone know where the team are currently training?

I assume not at the new training ground, so are they now back at B&L?
Hopefully someone has tested the toilets at B&L so the players can have a pee & shower with fresh running water 💦

It loos like the digger is in the field next to the training ground .Need a close up of the training ground it self .

Where the digger is i just wonder if it is where they plan to put the changing area .ie portercabins .As a temp job .

Back