• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oxford City 0-0 Southend United

Can’t score against one of the worst teams this league has ever seen. Who conceded SEVEN last week. We are pants.

I think that 7-1 thrashing last week was the worst thing that could have happened. Oxford City woke up as a result and actually played quite well in patches against us. In fact they could have won.

We still have a couple of games in hand but we desperately need to win on Tuesday at Maidenhead.

We've gone from worldbeaters to possible National League South members in a worryingly short period of time.

Need to freshen up our ideas to seek a cutting edge. We've used exactly the same systems and patterns for so long, I'm surprised our opponents haven't caught on sooner. We have to find a new plan.

Additionally some experience and needle required in this team, and soon... we've gone from picking up any old crock under Brown, to the other extreme of not signing anyone who's been there and done it. We could really do with a few old heads in the team right now...

Maybe a loan signing from a higher division would work. Somebody with some pace who can score. Might spark the enthusiasm levels again. 😀
We seem to lack a leader and nous on the pitch, someone to change the tactics on the fly.

I'm not sure who's available but the type of player we need right now isn't on the whiteboard

3 lacklustre performances on the bounce! Haven’t scored since the first game of 2024.

Embarrassing and although we have the games in hand over those in the bottom 4, we seriously need to get some points onboard otherwise we will be going down!

Yeh, that was a painful watch, some of our crosses are unacceptable at any level let alone ours, the times they just went over everyone's heads!

We were moving forward at such speed before all the postponements, now everything's at a snails pace, I can't work out what's happened; trying to get the new players ingrained in the system, players playing through injury up to the embargo being lifted and not being able to get fully match fit, even with a bigger squad.

However, we have stopped the rot, even it was Oxford City, and I'm sure Kev and the boys will get things going again, sooner rather than later hopefully looking at the league table, games in hand or not!

Games in hand are no good if we play like we have for three games in a row now. Maher seems incapable of trying anything new in terms of tactics and playing style.

To add insult to injury, we’re 0-0 against a very poor side (who we made look half decent by passing them the ball countless times) - and he brings on Demetriou.

Starting to think this team don’t have what it takes and the embargo forced some togetherness to paper over the cracks.

I honestly hope I’m wrong and we can turn this around but it needs stubborn Kev to try something different and positive.

Might be forced into 4 at the back with the Ralph suspension.

Scrap that, he'll just put Miley there.

commentary on bbc essex said all i needed to know toohless waste of space .How can a un payed team be so good And the same team that are not only being payed .But were given new contracts And surve up dross like that .Theres players should be ashamed of them sslfs .A massive following deserves better than that .

No goals in open play for 5 games now, and none at all in the last 4. It’s really poor and something needs to change. Maybe try a different system, who knows, it might work. We desperately need a plan b as our default plan isn’t working right now.

It was the same old story today, too slow and ponderous, reluctant to shoot and no composure when there was a chance. At least, unlike against Gateshead and York, we didn’t concede and Collin made some good saves.

Ralph’s second yellow was harsh but the first was needless. He should know better and was always walking a tightrope after that. If Taylor’s not fit it’ll be interested to see what Maher does on Tuesday. Will he stick with 3 at the back with a square peg in a round hole (Cav or Demi I guess?). Or will he try a different formation?

Games in hand are no good if we play like we have for three games in a row now. Maher seems incapable of trying anything new in terms of tactics and playing style.

To add insult to injury, we’re 0-0 against a very poor side (who we made look half decent by passing them the ball countless times) - and he brings on Demetriou.

Starting to think this team don’t have what it takes and the embargo forced some togetherness to paper over the cracks.

I honestly hope I’m wrong and we can turn this around but it needs stubborn Kev to try something different and positive.
Because we were down to 10 and a point at this stage is better than losing.

I can believe what I'm reading on here today too be honest. Fans have completely lost the plot :(

Same. Some of these players are starting to look very much what they are. Lower league players with little in the way of experience or the quality to do it at this level.

These players are young and should be very hungry to make the grade Infront of big gates home and away. Instead we are being subjected to the polar opposite.

Lackluster style with zero urgency and very little entertainment. Basics are not even there at the moment.

Just not good enough!!

Back