• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No laughing matter,apparently.According to this moring's El Periodico the rain we had on Sat.only filled Cataluña's resevoirs to 0.3 % of their capacity.Also we'd need 10 times that amount of rainfall before drought restrictions could be lifted.It would appear global warming is here to stay, :Sorry:

Hope it clears up for this weekend as I’m in Bilbao!

Hope it clears up for this weekend as I’m in Bilbao!
There's normally more rainfall on that side of the coast if anything I can remember my time in San Sebastian ,back in the early 80's, Very welll,when I'd get oissed on regularly 4 times a day ,working a split shift.God luck but take a wet suit rather than a brolly . :Winking:

There's normally more rainfall on that side of the coast if anything I can remember my time in San Sebastian ,back in the early 80's, Very welll,when I'd get oissed on regularly 4 times a day ,working a split shift.God luck but take a wet suit rather than a brolly . :Winking:

You realise now, if it’s glorious sunshine for me, I’ll be forced to resurrect the old hashtag, don’t you?

:Winking:

What happened?
Came out of the sports bar into the car park and a couple 30-40 year old guys who were walking down the street start following me.

They shouted over at me, I ignored them. They tried to make conversation, I had a feeling there was a catch. They then caught up to me and told me to give them my wallet etc. Knew it.

I obviously said I’m alright and kept walking to my car, knowing if I show nerves or stand still I’m in trouble.

They continued to follow me and started making threats saying ‘don’t think you’re going to get away from us cos you ain’t’. At this point I cut back round towards the bar and CCTV before they ran off.

If they had managed to corner me I believe they would 100% have tried to take everything I had on me. Looking back at the footage one of them tried to get round in front of me to cut me off.

Police have been notified but I have absolutely **** all faith in them to do anything even with this all on CCTV.

Came out of the sports bar into the car park and a couple 30-40 year old guys who were walking down the street start following me.

They shouted over at me, I ignored them. They tried to make conversation, I had a feeling there was a catch. They then caught up to me and told me to give them my wallet etc. Knew it.

I obviously said I’m alright and kept walking to my car, knowing if I show nerves or stand still I’m in trouble.

They continued to follow me and started making threats saying ‘don’t think you’re going to get away from us cos you ain’t’. At this point I cut back round towards the bar and CCTV before they ran off.

If they had managed to corner me I believe they would 100% have tried to take everything I had on me. Looking back at the footage one of them tried to get round in front of me to cut me off.

Police have been notified but I have absolutely **** all faith in them to do anything even with this all on CCTV.
Glad you came out of this unscathed.👍

What Sports bar were you at, the Snooker club backing onto Websters way?

I just don’t know what the hell is wrong with people that they would feel the need to threaten people & take their stuff? Definitely feels things have gone to pot in recent years & gotten a lot worse.

As you say the police will probably do sweet FA about it. Really happy you’re ok though.

Glad you came out of this unscathed.👍

What Sports bar were you at, the Snooker club backing onto Websters way?

I just don’t know what the hell is wrong with people that they would feel the need to threaten people & take their stuff? Definitely feels things have gone to pot in recent years & gotten a lot worse.

As you say the police will probably do sweet FA about it. Really happy you’re ok though.
Yes it was outside Rayleigh Lanes Snooker Club.

Never had a problem until now, been going 2-3 times a week since this time last year.

Certainly not going to put me off going down the club but there’s some real scum about.

This happens a day after a massive fight broke out in The Plough when we were down there on an away match. Nothing to do with the darts teams but the other wonderful patrons spending their benefits on getting blind drunk on a Tuesday evening.

This country really has gone down the *****er and very quickly post-COVID.

I’m just pleased those chancers walked away with nothing after trying to intimidate me. Never give in to bullying scumbags

Never had a problem until now, been going 2-3 times a week since this time last year.

Certainly not going to put me off going down the club but there’s some real scum about.

This happens a day after a massive fight broke out in The Plough when we were down there on an away match. Nothing to do with the darts teams but the other wonderful patrons spending their benefits on getting blind drunk on a Tuesday evening.

I’m just pleased those chancers walked away with nothing after trying to intimidate me. Never give in to bullying scumbags
Sorry to hear this and hope your ok. I live in Rayleigh and saw a report of somebody getting attacked with a machete in the early hours a couple of days ago near the station! Seems its staring to go downhill along with everywhere else.

Sorry to hear this and hope your ok. I live in Rayleigh and saw a report of somebody getting attacked with a machete in the early hours a couple of days ago near the station! Seems its staring to go downhill along with everywhere else.
I’m all good thank you mate. Sadly such incidents seem to be more common anywhere you go nowadays, wasn’t long ago we had a stabbing in my hometown of Wickford.

I’ve come to the conclusion you can’t stop people from being vile, only thing you can do is act to keep yourself safe whenever these sorts of incidents happen.

Last edited:

The Plough where mate, in Westcliff? As I was there on Tues briefly after the match .. trouble must've started after I left. Not usually any trouble down there.

The Plough where mate, in Westcliff? As I was there on Tues briefly after the match .. trouble must've started after I left. Not usually any trouble down there.
Yes mate. Trouble started quite late about 10:45-11pm. Two guys kicked off and it spiralled from there with a group of 6-8 all wrestling with each other, all during our final and deciding match 😂

Back