• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So the council arrange for contractors to clear out the top 5 floors of the Civic Centre. So that's what they did. The councillors unbelievably did not take out all the important stuff for safe keeping. So important documents and files have gone, some dating back to 1947. Some keys. 60 secret cameras disguised as rocks(To catch fly tippers). And lots of other stuff.
Councillor Aylen said 'There was an enormous amount of stuff. It was a totally bad decision.''
I always thought these highly paid people were meant to be very intelligent, obviously not.
Even an eight year old would come to the conclusion that important stuff has to be removed first before a place is cleared out.
Councillors aren't highly paid. I think they get expenses, but that's it.

Councillors aren't highly paid. I think they get expenses, but that's it.
Think they meant to type civil servants, who are paid more than councilors but still lack the grey matter which makes them perfect for the job.

Apologies if i've offended any highly paid civil servants in that sweeping statement. Just based on my own experience of local government after 9 years working for Essex County Council.

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) said the self-assessment telephone helpline would be permanently closed between 8 April and 30 September.

I joined HM C&E in 1969 and spent many years proud of the stuff we did as a Department. Then came the 'merger' with IR and the steady removal of anything to do with Law and Order. Ever since that merger the new HMRC has plummeted downhill in terms of services offered, efficiency and reputation. Shortly after the take-over merger the new Chairman told me that if he needed help with a problem he asked Customs people and if he needed help with the crossword he'd ask IR! And all for the sake of a Federal Tax authority, pathetic.

I don't know where that rant came from, but I feel better now.

Waiting in for a flat inspection. Meant to be here between 10am-2pm. It's no issue as I'm working from home today, but a call or email to let me know that a) they're running late or b) they are not coming, so I'm not constantly listening out for the door

Just a warning to leave very early at certain times of the day. It took me one hour and15 minutes to get from Southend airport to Garons, Hamstel Road yesterday at 4.30pm. Normally a 15 minute journey. With Sutton Road closed, and the A127 from Rayleigh to Progress Road closed this week, a lot of traffic is using the same routes to get near Southend. A lot going into Rayleigh, and into Rayleigh/Eastwood Road, then the back way along Eastwoodbury Lane and coming down Manners Way or Rochford Road. It was gridlock and stop start a few feet all the way.

Just a warning to leave very early at certain times of the day. It took me one hour and15 minutes to get from Southend airport to Garons, Hamstel Road yesterday at 4.30pm. Normally a 15 minute journey. With Sutton Road closed, and the A127 from Rayleigh to Progress Road closed this week, a lot of traffic is using the same routes to get near Southend. A lot going into Rayleigh, and into Rayleigh/Eastwood Road, then the back way along Eastwoodbury Lane and coming down Manners Way or Rochford Road. It was gridlock and stop start a few feet all the way.
When is it due to finish. Open by Saturday?

Came out of the sports bar into the car park and a couple 30-40 year old guys who were walking down the street start following me.

They shouted over at me, I ignored them. They tried to make conversation, I had a feeling there was a catch. They then caught up to me and told me to give them my wallet etc. Knew it.

I obviously said I’m alright and kept walking to my car, knowing if I show nerves or stand still I’m in trouble.

They continued to follow me and started making threats saying ‘don’t think you’re going to get away from us cos you ain’t’. At this point I cut back round towards the bar and CCTV before they ran off.

If they had managed to corner me I believe they would 100% have tried to take everything I had on me. Looking back at the footage one of them tried to get round in front of me to cut me off.

Police have been notified but I have absolutely **** all faith in them to do anything even with this all on CCTV.
OMG - how awful and frightening for you.
Jeez, what is the world we live in now whereby anyone thinks they can scare/attack others purely because they feel they can.

Back