• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know that one pal, eating co codomal , naproxen & ibroprufen like a kid with chocolate at Easter ! Barely a dent in the pain at night got some hemp oil yesterday …nope , just gave me a headache. Trying to get another Drs appointment today to see if they will give me the higher dose co codamol and some amitripyline as they worked the best last time.
Not had this much or type of pain in the past , now it’s the 3rd time in 2 years, all since I got covid…last time they said there were signs of spondylitis and arthritis in both hips, but nothing near significant for any pain…..

You take care and I hope you find the right cocktail of pain killers to do the job
A bit reluctant to reply as back pain is a minefield. However these worked for me after years of pain sometimes leading to crawling as I couldn't walk or working either on my back or front on the floor. Been pain free for years
Do the NHS exercises on their website. The one lying on your back and moving your knees to left and right really works. Lying on your front and lifting yourself up with your arms also works.
Get fit. It's all in the core. I've lost weight (same weight as when I was 18) do Couch to 5k and alternate with Joe Wicks. It really works.

Horrible news about Kate Middleton- hopefully the treatment will be successful.

Hopefully this illness that affects so many will be a thing of the past one day.

Love & positive thoughts from the Shrimpers family x

Princess of Wales has to put out a video message to announce to the world something that she would probably have preferred to have kept private for the sake of her young family.

She puts out a Mother's Day picture and it's swarmed on by those saying it's been doctored, edited even faked.

We've all got smartphones. Who hasn't adjusted the light, cropped a picture removed an image thst we fudnt want in shot. I've seen adverts for new smartphones where you can choose the heads to ensure everyone is smiling / hasn't got their eyes closed.

They'll be some crackpot people on tiktok or other platforms that the video was a fake and it was a body double blah blah blah. They may be the Royal Family, but they are entitled to privacy the same as the rest of us when requested.

Princess of Wales has to put out a video message to announce to the world something that she would probably have preferred to have kept private for the sake of her young family.

She puts out a Mother's Day picture and it's swarmed on by those saying it's been doctored, edited even faked.

We've all got smartphones. Who hasn't adjusted the light, cropped a picture removed an image thst we fudnt want in shot. I've seen adverts for new smartphones where you can choose the heads to ensure everyone is smiling / hasn't got their eyes closed.

They'll be some crackpot people on tiktok or other platforms that the video was a fake and it was a body double blah blah blah. They may be the Royal Family, but they are entitled to privacy the same as the rest of us when requested.
Absolutely, they are human beings with the same emotions and fears that the rest of us have. This is a young family having to deal with this in the spotlight of the world. I do hope that they are given time and privacy. The battle against cancer is tough enough without the additional stuff they are having to cope with.

Very sad about Kate. She's barely put a foot wrong since she first started dating William. She's been an absolute credit to the Royal Family. Insiders say it's not an act, that's how she is. She's polite, kind and very warm to everyone. She talks to staff wherever she is. Unlike some royals who are abrupt and look down on staff and servants. Let's hope she gets through this, and is cancer free in the future.

Went onto Dulux Decorator Centre website last night and saw the paint I was after was 50% off. Thought perfect, I'll have a measure up and decide if I need 5 litres or 10.

Turns out that offer was a mistake (it had been 25% off all week) and the price has been corrected thus morning.

Note to self. When you see a good deal, bloody buy it rather than procrastinating and putting it off until tomorrow.

has anybody tried
Went onto Dulux Decorator Centre website last night and saw the paint I was after was 50% off. Thought perfect, I'll have a measure up and decide if I need 5 litres or 10.

Turns out that offer was a mistake (it had been 25% off all week) and the price has been corrected thus morning.

Note to self. When you see a good deal, bloody buy it rather than procrastinating and putting it off until tomorrow.
Great advice

A reoccurrence of the virus that has been hounding us for weeks now. Felt rough when I left Dave's funeral. Shivered all night and have now slept most of the day. Did a Covid test, but all clear. Watched Woking on the Box, well she did, I dozed throughout.

A reoccurrence of the virus that has been hounding us for weeks now. Felt rough when I left Dave's funeral. Shivered all night and have now slept most of the day. Did a Covid test, but all clear. Watched Woking on the Box, well she did, I dozed throughout.
Didn't miss anything Geoff, get well soon.

Reactions: RHB
I frequently work nights at local hospitals in the area. I used to listen to Spotify music whilst doing my work to help me get through the shifts but the other night something had changed. The Spotify website has now been blocked by their IT system.

I frequently work nights at local hospitals in the area. I used to listen to Spotify music whilst doing my work to help me get through the shifts but the other night something had changed. The Spotify website has now been blocked by their IT system.
Which reminds me,Essex radio keeps skipping over to some local sub continent station when I’m on my way home from Roots hall, highly annoying when king kev’s talking.

Scottish Power hassling me to install a smart meter. Happy as i am and don't need the hassle
I've had the same from E-on in either e-mail or letter form over the last couple of years. Always telling me i can keep tabs on how much electricity i'm using. Er, i know that already thank you!.
I had one switched when I moved from Shell to Octopus.

You can still give meter readings manually if that's your preference. You don't have to wait for the smart meter to send the readings through.

You also don't have to use the smart functionally to inform you how much it costs to boil a kettle etc etc The novelty wears off after a while so you can just leave it in a draw collecting dust etc

The best thing in my eyes is that the "estimated reading" from the energy companies is done away with so your bills are more exact and your not potentially overpaying or underpaying (leaving you with a shock when the actual bills comes through)

Below is my screen shot for March so far.

Screenshot_20240326_173624_Octopus.jpg

High day yesterday was because I chucked on 2 loads of washing in the morning and around lunchtime I stupidly decided it would be a good idea to give the grass its first cut of the season.

Screenshot_20240326_173659_Octopus.jpg

If your really dead against one let your energy company know that your current electric meter is within a metal cupboard. They smart engineers will not install it as its supposed to create a "Faraday" cage trapping the signal so they don't want to install those

The engineer I got to come out wasn't that fussed it was in a metal cupboard and basically informed me he's not meant to do it as it might not work but works fine it does.

Back