• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The best thing in my eyes is that the "estimated reading" from the energy companies is done away with so your bills are more exact and your not potentially overpaying or underpaying (leaving you with a shock when the actual bills comes through)
E-on send me an e-mail every month asking for my meter reading. I send it & they tell me what my monthly cost is. I know what each month costs me, ranging from £36-£44 depending on the time of year.
So i see no advantage in having a meter installed, despite the fact they are offering me a free coffee percolator if i do!. All that would do is cost me more money in buying the coffee cartons i'd need for it!.

Sewage. Record levels of sewage pollution in the seas and rivers around Britain. Fergal Sharkey here talking about it last year, it's only got worse. The sewage companies are only meant to dump sewage into the seas and rivers under exceptional circumstances. Instead, they have been doing it every time it rains, as it saves them money to treat sewage. We have also given them enough money over decades that was meant to go towards upgrading equipment and building more sewage plants. Instead it has gone into the bosses and shareholders pockets. Now they have the cheek to say if we want this work done, we will all have to pay through a massive rise in our bills. But they've had the money already, Ggrrr. Fergal has advised in an updated speech that no one in Britain needs to pay more, and we should refuse to pay. He said they've been paid and can now pay out of their record profits, profits helped by dumping even more sewage into our waters.
No wonder our local blue flag beaches failed the water test recently.

Sewage. Record levels of sewage pollution in the seas and rivers around Britain. Fergal Sharkey here talking about it last year, it's only got worse. The sewage companies are only meant to dump sewage into the seas and rivers under exceptional circumstances. Instead, they have been doing it every time it rains, as it saves them money to treat sewage. We have also given them enough money over decades that was meant to go towards upgrading equipment and building more sewage plants. Instead it has gone into the bosses and shareholders pockets. Now they have the cheek to say if we want this work done, we will all have to pay through a massive rise in our bills. But they've had the money already, Ggrrr. Fergal has advised in an updated speech that no one in Britain needs to pay more, and we should refuse to pay. He said they've been paid and can now pay out of their record profits, profits helped by dumping even more sewage into our waters.
No wonder our local blue flag beaches failed the water test recently.
It makes my blood boil when i continue to read about this happening. How many times has it been quoted that the water co's have been told to sort this disgraceful problem out, yet no urgency or plan of action is ever mentioned about it?.
Fergal is right, but alas it needs a considerable more amount of influential people to keep this in the limelight?.

A scientist has advised the boat race to be called off due to record levels e-coli this week found in the Thames. The E. coli bacterium, which is found in faeces, can cause a range of conditions, including urinary tract infections, cystitis, intestinal infections and vomiting, with the worst cases leading to life-threatening blood poisoning. Rowers have now been issued advice including covering cuts, grazes, and blisters with waterproof dressings, taking care not to swallow river water that splashes close to the mouth, wearing suitable footwear when launching or recovering a boat, and cleaning all equipment thoroughly. This is 100% due to the record amount of sewage being pumped into the Thames and other rivers, another spokesman said. It's not just the rowers they are worried about that sometimes splash about in the water after they've won, but also their friends and supporters who jump in, or are thrown in the Thames after the race.

So some on the Palestinian march in London have introduced Swastikas. The Met police refused to do anything, as apparently it needs to be taken in context. WTF. So anyone showing a Union Jack or Cross of St.George near the Palestinian marches are ordered to take it down or face arrest as it causes alarm and distress to some of the marchers. But Swastikas are fine. How can they not be causing harm and distress to all Jewish people, and any others that lost loved ones fighting the Nazis? Why do you think they have introduced Swastikas to the march....to cause alarm and distress.
Obviously these public order acts only apply to whoever the police want it to.

Public Order Act 1986, Section 4A​

Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.​

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the person who is harassed, alarmed or distressed is also inside that or another dwelling.

(3)It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a)that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(b)that his conduct was reasonable.

(4)F2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(5)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.

Last edited:
Whilst I won't and cant defend the lunacy of privatising the water companies. it has been ****ing it down since xmas . so there was always going to be overflows of sewage..
Surely everyone in Southend knows never to hit the beach,mudflats or go for a swim after its has chucked it down. all the crap on the streets is heading that way never mind the sewage overflow.. give it at least 4 tides of dry weather..

Obviously there is nothing we can do about the upstream London crap..

So some on the Palestinian march in London have introduced Swastikas. The Met police refused to do anything, as apparently it needs to be taken in context. WTF. So anyone showing a Union Jack or Cross of St.George near the Palestinian marches are ordered to take it down or face arrest as it causes alarm and distress to some of the marchers. But Swastikas are fine. How can they not be causing harm and distress to all Jewish people, and any others that lost loved ones fighting the Nazis? Why do you think they have introduced Swastikas to the march....to cause alarm and distress.
Chuck in a swastika flag at Millwall and see what happens. Horses, Dogs. Riot police. probably a helicopter or two. 10 year ban and 6 months at HMP

Sorted out a new car today which I pick up next Saturday. So why am I hacked off? Because I managed to drop my phone and run it over as well. £70 for a new screen, ****ed off beyond belief.

Obviously these public order acts only apply to whoever the police want it to.

Public Order Act 1986, Section 4A​

Intentional harassment, alarm or distress.​

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—

(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,

thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.

(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the person who is harassed, alarmed or distressed is also inside that or another dwelling.

(3)It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a)that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(b)that his conduct was reasonable.

(4)F2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(5)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.
People are entitled tp protest peacefully.Heard that some 66% of Srits are against Israel's actions in Gaza.

People are entitled tp protest peacefully.Heard that some 66% of Srits are against Israel's actions in Gaza.
Here we go. What are you talking about Tangled? I never said anything about people protesting peacefully. It's about using the Swastika on the march. Using it to cause harassment, alarm and distress. Do you think it's O.K. to use Swastikas on these marches? And, get away with it. If anyone else used the Swastika to offend people, the police would arrest them in seconds, and they would be charged.

Here we go. What are you talking about Tangled? I never said anything about people protesting peacefully. It's about using the Swastika on the march. Using it to cause harassment, alarm and distress. Do you think it's O.K. to use Swastikas on these marches? And, get away with it. If anyone else used the Swastika to offend people, the police would arrest them in seconds, and they would be charged.
Everyone should be allowed to fly the flag of the Whirling Log.

I think I read something that said the people were arrested

FYI,I'Ve just watched the early evening news on BBC1,C4 and ITV.Only ITV London posibly confirms what you say.To wit the police have asked the public to come forward with information about 2 people theyd like to talk to about possible offenses under the public order act after Sat's demo.,Frankly I dunnno where you get your "facts " from (Social media or GBNews I'd guess);Seem to remember you saying earier that this yesterday's boatrace was going to be cancelled.So I was rather suprised to see on yesterday's news thjat it went ahead .(Althought tbf both crews had been told not to drink the water.Obviously I (like anyone else I imagine) I don't approve of Swastikas being used on a peaceful protest.

FYI,I'Ve just watched the early evening news on BBC1,C4 and ITV.Only ITV London posibly confirms what you say.To wit the police have asked the public to come forward with information about 2 people theyd like to talk to about possible offenses under the public order act after Sat's demo.,Frankly I dunnno where you get your "facts " from (Social media or GBNews I'd guess);Seem to remember you saying earier that this yesterday's boatrace was going to be cancelled.So I was rather suprised to see on yesterday's news thjat it went ahead .(Althought tbf both crews had been told not to drink the water.Obviously I (like anyone else I imagine) I don't approve of Swastikas being used on a peaceful protest.
And this is your problem Tangled. You don't read things properly. I said this about the boat race....A scientist has advised the boat race to be called off due to record levels e-coli this week found in the Thames. ...Where did I say the boat race is called off? in post#17,105 about the boat race. You seem to twist things to suit your views. I can't lie, my words are there in that post. Then in my post #17,107 I'm going on about the Swastika being used for obvious reasons to cause upset, and you change it into me objecting to peaceful protests.
Please keep responding to my posts, but please read them twice, so as to stop having a go about something I never said.

4 people arrested. One for suspected terrorism. One for a Hamas is Terrorists, sign. And two for causing alarm and distress. But no one holding the Swastika sign was arrested.
The Daily Mail is reporting that the Met says the person holding the banner had already been arrested (presumably one of those for the causing alarm and distress?) when the now infamous video of the Met officer interaction took place.

Back