• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sciatica/ arthritis. Bloody third bout of pain in 18 months, last two lasted 8 weeks each. Struggling to sleep, walk or sit for any length of time . Cant get to games and having to wfh all of the time , when I can concentrate that is …
I share your pain. I had piriformis syndrome ( type of sciatica ) twice in 2014 & 2019, never known such pain & discomfort in my life.
2nd time i went to a acupuncturist, 4 sessions & i was sorted!.
Currently suffering from bad lower back pain, after a muscle went ping when i leant forward over a week ago. Thought if i continued my daily walks it would help, but after 4 days i had a big relapse.
Have been taking co-codomol & ibuprofen ( on pharmacists advice ) for last 3 days, with hardly any improvement. Murder trying to get out of bed in the mornings, cant even put my socks on!. Takes about 2 hrs before i can hobble about with a walking stick!. Have tried wearing one of those special 'back belts' but currently not seeming to make any difference.
Anyone got any ideas re anti inflammatorys etc, gratefully received.

I share your pain. I had piriformis syndrome ( type of sciatica ) twice in 2014 & 2019, never known such pain & discomfort in my life.
Currently suffering from bad lower back pain, after a muscle went ping when i leant forward over a week ago. Thought if i continued my daily walks it would help, but after 4 days i had a big relapse.
Have been taking co-codomol & ibuprofen ( on pharmacists advice ) for last 3 days, with hardly any improvement. Murder trying to get out of bed in the mornings, cant even put my socks on!. Takes about 2 hrs before i can hobble about with a walking stick!. Have tried wearing one of those special 'back belts' but currently not seeming to make any difference.
For pain management there is 10% Ibuprofen gel (available to buy as 50gram in pharmacy) OR Voltarol 12hr gel (Diclofenac); both are effective anti inflammatory topical meds applied directly to skin instead of taking oral ibuprofen.

Some find over the counter Paramol (dihydrocodeine & paracetamol) more effective than over the counter 8/500mg co-codamol.
Instead of that there is also Solpadeine Max Soluble, it contains 12.8mg of codeine & paracetamol so stronger than regular co-codamol.

Obviously codeine products should not be used for more than 3 consecutive days as can cause tiredness, dependency & constipation.

Hot or cold therapy can be good for muscular pain. One could use a heat patch or hot water bottle applied direct to site of pain.
Cold therapy such as a Deep Freeze patch may be preferable & Biofreeze comes as a roll on , gel or spray.

I work as a Pharmacy Technician & this is over the counter advice I generally provide to customers if they come in with similar enquiries. However if in doubt please do check directly with your own pharmacist or GP.

Last edited:
Many years ago on here, I said all this woke nonsense about our national flag and the Union Jack will make England change or take off anything to do with the Cross of St. George on the shirts. And here we are. Sigh.
What a load of b0ll0x, how the hell is that supposed to be the St George cross?

People need to have a serious word with themselves.
“Oh you mustn’t have pride in your national identity, it’s wrong & discriminatory” fnck off!😡
IMG_0036.jpeg

For pain management there is 10% Ibuprofen gel (available to buy as 50gram in pharmacy) OR Voltarol 12hr gel (Diclofenac); both are effective anti inflammatory topical meds applied directly to skin instead of taking oral ibuprofen.

Some find over the counter Paramol (dihydrocodeine & paracetamol) more effective than over the counter 8/500mg co-codamol.
Instead of that there is also Solpadeine Max Soluble, it contains 12.8mg of codeine & paracetamol so stronger than regular co-codamol.

Obviously codeine products should not be used for more than 3 consecutive days as can cause tiredness, dependency & constipation.

Hot or cold therapy can be good for muscular pain. One could use a heat patch or hot water bottle applied direct to site of pain.
Cold therapy such as a Deep Freeze patch may be preferable & Biofreeze comes as a roll on , gel or spray.

I work as a Pharmacy Technician & this is over the counter advice I generally provide to customers if they come in with similar enquiries. However if in doubt please do check directly with your own pharmacist or GP.
Thank you, that's very helpful.

The so-called St George flag on the collar of the new England football shirt
It gets worse. Now Iceland Foods said they will change the cross on their hot cross buns with a tick, as the cross offends some people.
Now when you think that hot cross buns are traditionally eaten over Easter with the cross symbolising the crucifixion of Jesus on Good Friday, then if it offends, tough. We are meant to be a majority Christian country. Let us enjoy and preserve our traditions. Let us proudly wear or fly our national flag. Christians don't go to other countries and object to their traditions, as it offends them. And if they did, something very nasty would probably happen to them. The next target will probably be Easter eggs. Halloween is already a target.

OMG - how awful and frightening for you.
Jeez, what is the world we live in now whereby anyone thinks they can scare/attack others purely because they feel they can.
Sadly it’s the way of the world like you say. Just have to be ready to protect yourself however you need to.

Many years ago on here, I said all this woke nonsense about our national flag and the Union Jack will make England change or take off anything to do with the Cross of St. George on the shirts. And here we are. Sigh.
It looks naff but how is this woke nonsense? I've seen some people incorrectly claim it's an LGBT flag but it's just some random colours Nike have slapped on the flag because they have a tenuous link to the 1966 world cup squad, so they can say this £125 shirt is different from the last one.

It gets worse. Now Iceland Foods said they will change the cross on their hot cross buns with a tick, as the cross offends some people.
Now when you think that hot cross buns are traditionally eaten over Easter with the cross symbolising the crucifixion of Jesus on Good Friday, then if it offends, tough. We are meant to be a majority Christian country. Let us enjoy and preserve our traditions. Let us proudly wear or fly our national flag. Christians don't go to other countries and object to their traditions, as it offends them. And if they did, something very nasty would probably happen to them. The next target will probably be Easter eggs. Halloween is already a target.
That's not quite true, Iceland are selling the new tick marked buns alongside the ones with a cross.

What are you like for driving tomorrow mate? Do you want a lift if it's difficult to drive, I can pick you up at a place of your choosing. Don't feel pressured.

Last edited:
Only after the backlash. They was going to replace the cross with the tick to please one side. Then the backlash once word got out. And now they are having the cross and the tick to please both sides, Lol.
Again that's not true, there was marketing research done by Iceland and it showed people liked ticks so what better way to increase sales than to introduce something new. Nobody has been offended by a cross on a bun, it's just a made up story, just like winterval or straight bananas or any other of the myriad of stories put out by people that think Britain has been taken over by hordes of foreign types and their nasty foreign ways.

It looks naff but how is this woke nonsense? I've seen some people incorrectly claim it's an LGBT flag but it's just some random colours Nike have slapped on the flag because they have a tenuous link to the 1966 world cup squad, so they can say this £125 shirt is different from the last one.
Nike have ****ed up again. Their last **** up was not having any Mary Earps tops for the women's world cup.

The quicker the FA ditch them the better.

Nike have ****ed up again. Their last **** up was not having any Mary Earps tops for the women's world cup.

The quicker the FA ditch them the better.
As Simon Jordan said, there's no other country that would allow this. A caller on another show said there's two things on the England shirt that should never be messed with, the Three Lions and the cross of St. George.

What are you like for driving tomorrow mate? Do you want a lift if it's difficult to drive, I can pick you up at a place of your choosing. Don't feel pressured.
Thanks for the offer RHB, but Cricko is doing the honours for me, bless him. Managed to get an emergency Dr's appt this afternoon, whose prescribed 3 days worth of Diazepam, & 2 weeks supply of Oneprazone to be taken 1/2 hr before a Napooxen.
Took one at 5.30pm, fortunately it seems to have started kicking in already!.
So hopefully it won't take me 1/2 hr to get out of bed in the morning!.

I know that one pal, eating co codomal , naproxen & ibroprufen like a kid with chocolate at Easter ! Barely a dent in the pain at night got some hemp oil yesterday …nope , just gave me a headache. Trying to get another Drs appointment today to see if they will give me the higher dose co codamol and some amitripyline as they worked the best last time.
Not had this much or type of pain in the past , now it’s the 3rd time in 2 years, all since I got covid…last time they said there were signs of spondylitis and arthritis in both hips, but nothing near significant for any pain…..

You take care and I hope you find the right cocktail of pain killers to do the job

This is very funny. THE EASTER EGGS ARE NEXT.

Iceland have confirmed it was a wind-up, for marketing purposes, because they know what media will pick it up and that their audiences react to stories like this.

Back