• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
I was born in Southend and love the place and the foofball club. I don't know why, I can't explain I just do.

I started watching Blues in the early 60s, boring stuff really not the passion of today, nobody beleived we would go above Div 3 and inconceivable that we would ever be relegated, you just went out of routine if you had nothing better to do. Then in 1966 the unbeleivable happened we were relegated, we couldn't beleive it. Six long years before we eventually regained our status, then 20 years of ups and downs, before Mr Webb arrived. A breif glance at the big time before finishing bottom twice and the doom and gloom of the bottom Division.

The highs of all this period, 10-1, 9-0 7-0 cup victories, 80-1 Championship season and a few half decent seasons.
The lows too many to even think about.

So were we proude of Southend? Of course we were, as first stated don't know why we just were. Like every other club in the country we were just proud of our club.

What ever your views on Tilley and Brush, life under them certainly hasn't been boring.

I beleive that sundays game has given me more pride than any other game I have experienced in the last 40 odd years. Yes we were relegated, yes we lost 4-1 but didn't we do it in style.

We were the same as every other club fans, but not now, we are something special. Other clubs facing relegation, cause problems, riot, turn on managers, chairman and/or players or in the majority of cases stay away.

WE WENT DOWN IN STYLE AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE PROUD OF THE CLUB AND THE FANS.

Top Top Post...I was there from a similar time and I could not agree with you more.:D

Where the bloody hell did this come from?

Your posts dont ever go beyond 3 lines. In fairness you said exactly the same thing last night to me on the phone so I am tempting to Neg you for repetition - But I wont.

In all seriousness totally agree with all you have said. Sunday made me as proud as I have ever been.

:finger:

I have never been so proud of us in those death throes on Sunday. I was just about able to hold back the tears.

Fantastic from all Southend fans in St. Mary's on Sunday, and also thanks to the 28,500+ Southampton fans, and all players and officials - and even Mike Osman.

Top post DoDtS. Was a great way to go down if indeed there is a great way.

I have a feeling though, we'll be back in CCC with the same dignity sooner rather than later.

Top post DoDtS. Was a great way to go down if there is a great way.

I have a feeling though, we'll be back in CCC with the same dignity sooner rather than later.

What makes Dad of DtS post more remarkable is he had to travel to and from the game with Ldn Fatso and yet he still had a good time.:cry:

Good post mate, shame i wasn't there on Sunday to experience it for myself but my bro's and my old man have told how good it was.

Back