• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chelsea ****s

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Have just been told and checked myself that in the second half of the Chelsea v Liverpool game last night that all Chelsea players had removed their black armbands remembering the 96 that died at Hilsborough. If that is not disgraceful enough it was because Guus Hiddink believed that they were a curse on his team.

Are you serious? If that is indeed the case then I hope some action is taken, because that is not only disgraceful but completely disrespectful.

Are you serious? If that is indeed the case then I hope some action is taken, because that is not only disgraceful but completely disrespectful.

Looked more thoroughly and there are some but not many who have kept them on, one of those is definitely Alex.

If true that is poor, but I don't see how any 'action' can be taken against them. What would the charge be?

I remember when Wayne Rooney took off his black armband for England in a friendly v Spain when he was subbed and there was outrage, surely this is the same - representing your club and it's country

yes im sure an "outrage" will make a massive difference

"It's political correctness gone mad..."

(For all you Stewart Lee fans out there)

This could be true for some.

First half - Drogba has it on his right arm.
_45664907_drogbaarbeloa_getty300.jpg

Second Half - Drogba celebrating ...
_45665028_drogba_getty416.jpg

Frank Lampard has the captain armband but can't see a black armband.
_45665115_lampssecond_pa416.jpg

If true that is poor, but I don't see how any 'action' can be taken against them. What would the charge be?

Oh, I don't know, "bringing the game into disrepute" seems to have a wide embrace. Or if not just charge them with being complete and utter arrogant ****s.

why dont football clubs have proper black armbands, black 2" gaffer tape is poor.

as i said yesterday, if its suuuuch a big issue to remember this, why no one minute silence at all football league games over easter ?!

why dont football clubs have proper black armbands, black 2" gaffer tape is poor.
?!

Merseyside clubs’ new kits to include permanent black armbands
Available at all good sports shops
LIVERPOOL AND Everton have unveiled their hi-tech new shirts for the upcoming season, which will each incorporate a permanent black armband.

At a star-studded launch, an Adidas spokesmen said the new kits had been designed to "reflect the city's proud tradition of disproportionately prolonged post-death moping," as Scouse luminaries Sir Paul McCartney, Stig Inge Bjørnebye, and Sinbad from Brookside listened in the audience.

Incorporating revolutionary Perma-Mourn™ technology, the groundbreaking black armbands ensure that players feel exactly the same level of sadness as the average Scouser does on a day-to-day basis.

Speaking at the launch. Everton’s Mikel Arteta said: "Finally I will know the true meaning of what it is to be a Scouser. I think it's great. Well it's not great, obviously, it's a very tragic time and our thoughts are with all of the parents, everywhere, forever."

The 'Cilla', as the black armband is affectionately known to Liverpudlian football fans, was hailed as a great innovation by the head of Liverpool's Union of Genial Humour. "Most importantly, it's what Maddie would have wanted," said the Union leader through his manly tears.

Another unique new feature was unveiled specifically for Steven Gerrard's kit, a specially-designed microchip implanted into the fabric of the shirt. Every time the midfielder is fouled, a tiny speaker will shout "Justice for the 96!" in the hope that referees will be guilt-tripped into awarding 30 per cent more penalties to the home side at Anfield.

If the new advancements are a success, manufacturers are planning to offer similar technology to the clubs when they build their new stadiums in the city. To transfer the unique atmosphere of the Kop to the new Anfield, Liverpool will fit every seat with a sepia-toned cushion so that fans looking out onto the pitch can remember what it was like when they ruled Europe.

Meanwhile Everton fans will be given cutting edge glasses with their tickets, which aim to replicate watching the Toffees in the Eighties by obliterating all non-Caucasian players from the wearer's field of vision.

Last edited:
I noticed Ryan Giggs quickly seemed to discard his armband tonight too...
Rooney's was also far too far down his arm as if he was only wearing it like that as a symbol of his contempt for LFC...

Back