• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dru - how much ?

as he's under contract until 2021 we have the luxury of seeing how he performs next season before we decide on his future, I really hope that he kicks on and improves but I think he needs a goal before he has the confidence to start to boss games

Here are some examples of u24 players who were out of contract but still required compensation to be paid.....

Georgie Porter is an interesting one as Burnley really pushed the boat out to get him yet he never played a single game for them and at just 26 now, he currently plays for Bromley!

Attachments

• 4EEAF167-4F6D-45F9-A71C-4595EE4B2AB7.jpeg
    4EEAF167-4F6D-45F9-A71C-4595EE4B2AB7.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 56
  • AE2BEF3D-3AB0-4D53-BC9B-69B1BA8F3907.jpeg
    AE2BEF3D-3AB0-4D53-BC9B-69B1BA8F3907.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 3E3A496D-76EF-4762-8AA5-85B121DEC2FB.jpeg
    3E3A496D-76EF-4762-8AA5-85B121DEC2FB.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 48
  • F2EA4E0A-AC62-4A83-946A-B7A792C7FE97.jpeg
    F2EA4E0A-AC62-4A83-946A-B7A792C7FE97.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 41
I understand from within the club that Dru and his father are very close and that his father was very happy with the way we were handling Dru's career.

Personally I hope that will long continue!!

£200k is too cheap but I don't think he's worth £1m after last season to be honest.

Maybe somewhere in the middle like £600k.

Anyone who was at Rochdale, would realise how much we miss Dru's energy in the centre. £200K is embarrassing - I wouldn't have even told them "no" I would have just laughed hysterically on the phone and then hung up!!!

£200k is too cheap but I don't think he's worth £1m after last season to be honest.

Maybe somewhere in the middle like £600k.

You can't base it on just last season though; the season before I wouldn't have even taken 1M; if he gets his form back, and he started to show this at the end of last season, he'll be worth a heck of a lot more.

Didn't Ron, allegedly, upset Rotherham when we signed Campbell-Ryce from them. Maybe they are trying to do something similar to us? Although probably a different regime in charge there now.

You can't base it on just last season though; the season before I wouldn't have even taken 1M; if he gets his form back, and he started to show this at the end of last season, he'll be worth a heck of a lot more.
Ifs and buts though. What if he gets even worse next season? Plenty of players have a promising youth career and a good first season at senior level but just tail off for whatever reason.

I probably wouldn't accept £600k to be honest as he's got a long time left on his contract and as you say he could get his form back, but that's what I think he's roughly worth in the current market all things considered.

If Rob turned down £1m last year zero chance of him accepting less than £1m now- Ron’s nothing if not consistent..

Ifs and buts though. What if he gets even worse next season? Plenty of players have a promising youth career and a good first season at senior level but just tail off for whatever reason.

I probably wouldn't accept £600k to be honest as he's got a long time left on his contract and as you say he could get his form back, but that's what I think he's roughly worth in the current market all things considered.

Your right in what you say and that is always a possibility. However I don't think that will be the case with Dru.

Now before anyone accuses me of wishful thinking lets remember that Dru was not a super star at 14 or 15. Things happened really quickly. In one summer and with good assistance from PB on and off the pitch, he goes from unknown to spurs turning up for our first league game just in case he was even on the bench.

He appeared to take it all in his stride and backed by a really sensible family (I met his brother in the East greens). He ended finishing 17/18 on a real high and chance to be playing for England that summer.

Then in the last game he limps off with a hamstring injury. He didn't help himself with with that kick about and then had set backs in his recovery. By the time he did come back and start to look like his old self we were dropping like flies.....Hopper and Lennon on the Tuesday followed by Coker at Sunderland. In the very game where Dru was kicked off the park and denied the clearest penalty in L1 last season.

Just when it needed perhaps some wise advice the whole club was focused on our winter of discontent and fans were looking for midfield scapegoats rather than lifting the spirits of a young player going through a bad patch.

Often he looked not just unfit but carrying a knock. Just when it couldn't get any worse he gets a red at Charlton.

After all that come the hour when he was really needed he stood up v Sunderland and for me Kiernan helped make that happen because that what was missing all season.

So on that note I hope we get a big name first up at home. Remember the opener against Blackburn when we were all in good voice. But most of all I hope Dru has had a good summer and I hope he is at the head of a midfield diamond where he belongs.

swap Taylor Moore for Dru.

I reckon we could get Moore on a Humphrys type free with large percentage sell on.

Has to be the way forward for us if we want to sign young talent with Championship+ pedigree. By that I mean players they have actually signed rather than just academy players.

200k is a bit rude considering Everton got a 1m bid rejected ,well so its been reported.Or has Dru gone that far backwards.

Yes i think so! Was aawful for us last year and his finishing is the worst ive seen! Lets give him another season to see if he progresses the way everyone expected him too but if an offer comes in which is 500k or million then id sell now

Where have we read that?

I haven't read anything lately but do remember Borough being mentioned well over a year ago.

Just a reminder Brentford approached Bentley 2 years before he signed

It just read like something just been announced....

We also have to remember that Middlesbrough have changed manager recently so highly unlikely he’s (Woodgate) had time to assess / identify players other than more obvious targets....

BR however are likely to have seen most of not all games this season monitoring Taylor Moore so that could well carry some weight.....

Back