• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

09/10's Unexpected Star?

Who will be this year's Moose/Laurent?

• Total voters

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Easy, of our current 'fringe' players which one will grab his opportunity this season and suprise everyone by being great?

I'd love it, just love it, if Walker actually showed he was worth all the effort and the £100,000 but I'd be surprised.

I'd like to say Calver because he looks physically strong for his age and he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time, but I have a horrible feeling Tilson will under use him. After all why the heck hasn't he been given a squad number?

I'd like to say O'Keefe because he's got the talent, but I understand there's a good chance he'll be loaned out.

Therefore, I am clueless. :unsure: ;)

Calver from what I've seen pre-season, but will he get the chances over our more established front runners.

I'd love one of our young strikers to break into the 1st team and rattle in plenty of goals.

Despite being the one asking the question, I'm not sure myself. It's between Betsy, Walker & Calver for me.

I think we've yet to see the best of Betsy, that Walker will come good at some point and with 7 places on the bench I'm sure it won't be long before Calver gets a squad number and get's an opportunity, especially give the fragility of barney & freedman.

despite being the one asking the question, i'm not sure myself. It's between betsy, walker & calver for me.

I think we've yet to see the best of betsy, that walker will come good at some point and with 7 places on the bench i'm sure it won't be long before calver gets a squad number and get's an opportunity, especially give the fragility of barney & freedman.
you joking right about betsy??? He is absolutely awful!!!! Jonny herd for me as long as tilson pulls his finger out and uses him

Depending on what happens with loaning out but both O'Keefe and Calver in particular have really impressed me in pre-season.

you joking right about betsy???

No not really. Kevin didn't have a very good season last time round, yet still finished 2nd in the SUFC assists (behind Moussa), showed he knows how to score the odd goal and is an out and out winger (not a striker or cm shunted out wide) - he knows the position, and I believe he can do better.

James Walker for me.

Tilson said a few weeks back that the fans need to get behind Walker, which says to me he is very much part of Tilson's plan.

Robinson showed us just how important a quick forward is, and Walker is the only one in the squad with the pace to fill that slot. He has shown, in small glimpses, that he does have the talent and ability to be a success (His goal against Orient is a prime example) at SUFC and I really hope he is because most fans on here appear to have turned against him since his miss and Doncaster, and his penalty miss last season.

I'd really love another youth team player to emerge through and become a regular, or at least semi-regular, in the side but I think all 3 of Herd, O'Keefe and Calver will find themselves out on loan during this season.

Kevin Betsy just doesn't appear to "fit" into the side at the moment. I, personally, rate him and think he offers a lot, but Laurent appears to be the man in possesion of the right wing shirt at the moment, so if he carries on where his left off from his pre-season showings, he could be a big success out wide.

If Herd breaks into the team because of an injury or whatever I think he could cement his place there. Calver and O'Keefe have talent but Tilson doesn't normally like using youngsters much and I wouldn't be surprised to see them loaned. I've yet to be impressed by Scannell or Walker, Betsy's average but could play a part this season and Sankofa was good when he was in the team at right-back last season.

I think it could well be Osei Sankofa.

I predict he will start the season at right back,before a series of poor performaces will see Tilly try him at centre forward in a Paul Warhurst sytle conversion.

I predict he will score on his debut and then go on to score 44 goals from 22 apperances before Big Sam Alladyce will bid six million for him. Ron will leluctantly accept and the entire South Stand at Fossets Farm will be known as the Sankfoa South Stand.

Either that or it will be Calver.

Don't think Tilly has any faith in Walker or Scannell, so I'll go for Sankofa.

Personally, I think Walker in particular has got a bit about him that needs to be nurtured. I'm not sure Tilly has the patience or belief in him or Scannell to do it, so I expect them both to be shipped off.

Sankofa could be a solid defender, especially if given a run in the side. He improved dramatically once Tilly showed some faith in him.

Back