• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

11.30am wed numbers pathetic

.o0DAVE0o.

Just come back from the ticket office,(11.30 am WED) had to check how many sold, they said just 3,500, don't people realise this Sat is a 100 times more important than the LDV, yes great days out, but this is promotion, so those of you who had decided not to go, THINK AGAIN and get yer bums down to the Hall NOW! SOUTHEND UNITED NEED YOU NOW!
this is my 39th season and has been one of the best,
SO COME ON!!
(by the way i'm oODAVEOo'S Dad)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (.o0DAVE0o. @ May 25 2005,12:01)]Just come back from the ticket office,(11.30 am WED) had to check how many sold, they said just 3,500, don't people realise this Sat is a 100 times more important than the LDV, yes great days out, but this is promotion, so those of you who had decided not to go, THINK AGAIN and get yer bums down to the Hall NOW! SOUTHEND UNITED NEED YOU NOW!
this is my 39th season and has been one of the best,
SO COME ON!!
(by the way i'm oODAVEOo'S Dad)
If that's true it is indeed pathetic  
down.gif

This Saturday in the stands it could be embarrassing.

However, I for one couldn't give a right royal flying one with bells on how many fans we take if we win the match (and let's face it our record with small numbers of Shrimpers in attendance is pretty good!)...

suspect.gif

oops.gif

Well tickets only went on sale Monday. People obviously know its not going to sell out, so whats the rush? I'll be very surprised if we sell less than 10,000.

Does that 3,500 count telephone/internet bookings as well?

Well said Dave's dad !

I said this earlier on in the week & got slatted but ill say it again, please can everyone "try" and make the effort to go !!

Now i know people have family commitments, money, travelling etc etc but those people who don't and just can't be bothered "please" think again !!

Gonna be rather embarassing on Sat if it continues like this with Lincoln singing "is that all you take away"

Please please PLEASE "if you can" support the blues, this is much much MUCH more important than any of the LDV matches, this 90 mins is a whole season into 1 game !!

Wish we could all be there to celebrate and not just a hand full.

I would Love to go, but Moving into a new home starting new job and waiting for the mrs to drop our a baby means that sadly i havent got the funds.

sad.gif

No doubt certain members of the Cardiff 3,500 will be reminding us all of their self appointed 'superfan' status in the near future.

I am convinced that some people actually want as few Southend fans as possible at matches.

I would hope having been there twice before recently and knowing tickets were also available on the day both times might mean that many will travel without tickets in advance, if this is not the case then VERY disappointing.

If it is a vastly reduced number then it appears many have voted with their feet re the ticket pricing. COME ON, IT'S A PLAY-OFF FINAL FOR GOD'S SAKE!! One potentially good thing though is that we'll know that the vast majority of those going will be TRUE Shrimpers and we all can all sit together and make the atmosphere in the South End fantastic, without the "prawn sandwich" brigade who only went for a day trip. Myself and statski again have tickets in the trust block where obviously the atmos will be excellent, however it was clear during last months LDV that most of the singing was coming from there and there alone - hopefully not this time.

LET'S GET BEHIND THE BLUES!
wow.gif

I don't really care what the Lincoln fans think of us based on the number of fans we take.

I'm sure if people aren't going, they have perfectly good reasons for not going and I higly doubt that people fail to recognise the significance of the game.

As I've voted before on here and probably SOL, I only reckon we'll take 10,000. Let's not lose sight of the fact that 10,000 is a lot of fans. Much more than we usually have at home games and this involves travelling across half the country.

Most people don't have bottomless pockets in which to delve to supply this sort of thing. The people I sympathise with most are people with young families who have (foolishly, perhaps!) got their kids hooked on the Shrimpers and are left with the dilemma of forking out an obscene amount for the trip or having to disappoint the little Shrimpers.

For me, it's my finals starting on Tuesday. As my final year counts for 75% of my degree mark and these exams count for about 60% of this year, these exams alone count for a third of my degree mark, something I'll carry around my neck for the rest of my life. If the game wasn't on telly, it'd be a different matter entirely but sometimes, you have to take a step back and put it all in to perspective.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ May 25 2005,12:19)]statski again have tickets in the trust block where obviously the atmos will be excellent, however it was clear during last months LDV that most of the singing was coming from there and there alone
Hate to spoil that illusion mate but not really. Most of the noise seemed to be coming from some lads in the lower tier behind the goal.

yeah because then it would look really good on tv! this could be an embarassment come saturday - surely we will at least get more than 10,000 but by the way sales are going 7,000 would be good! im not bragging to be a 'superfan' as you put it but im going sick from work this saturday just to go and obviously risking the sack - this doesnt mean i dont care about my job it just means i care more about the future of the club. im sure theres plenty of people in the same boat as myself - having to work saturday, the message is clear - a chance of promotion doesnt come round that often being a southend fan so make the most of it!! i couldnt bare not being there if we did happen to win

But lets also remember that today is the first day for telephone bookings so all those people that cant get to the hall during the day have had to wait until today... Have faith there will be plenty of us there.

Who cares?!

If only 4,000 go and sing their hearts out for the cause then what's the problem, especially if we win?! I'd rather see 4,000 dedicated Shrimpers making a helluva din rather than see a repeat of 22,000 people sitting in silence as I witnessed when I came back for the LDV Final in 2004. I really don't see the concern ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ May 25 2005,12:28)]But lets also remember that today is the first day for telephone bookings so all those people that cant get to the hall during the day have had to wait until today...  Have faith there will be plenty of us there.
Ahhhhhh fair point !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 25 2005,12:26)]I don't really care what the Lincoln fans think of us based on the number of fans we take.

I'm sure if people aren't going, they have perfectly good reasons for not going and I higly doubt that people fail to recognise the significance of the game.

As I've voted before on here and probably SOL, I only reckon we'll take 10,000.  Let's not lose sight of the fact that 10,000 is a lot of fans.  Much more than we usually have at home games and this involves travelling across half the country.

Most people don't have bottomless pockets in which to delve to supply this sort of thing.  The people I sympathise with most are people with young families who have (foolishly, perhaps!) got their kids hooked on the Shrimpers and are left with the dilemma of forking out an obscene amount for the trip or having to disappoint the little Shrimpers.

For me, it's my finals starting on Tuesday.  As my final year counts for 75% of my degree mark and these exams count for about 60% of this year, these exams alone count for a third of my degree mark, something I'll carry around my neck for the rest of my life.  If the game wasn't on telly, it'd be a different matter entirely but sometimes, you have to take a step back and put it all in to perspective.
just a quick question and im not having a go or anything but if your exams were so important, why do you spend the majority of your time surfing this board as it appears you do?

C'mon guys its only wednesday arvo, lets not get bothered until we are actually there. many people may not have decided to go yet, some will go down on the day. besides the ticket office people are not the sharpest pencils in the box are they

15,000 empty seats or 15,000 glory hunters- what's the difference? The atmosphere will still be non-existent!

Seriously though, it's disappointing but if we win I'll be happy whatever the turn out.

rock.gif

Yes but imagine the atmosphere if we had the same amount there like we took v Blackpool & Wrexham.. Not only if we scored but also won !!

Seems like people will be all over the place in the stadium, some west side, some east some behind goal !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ May 25 2005,12:33)]just a quick question and im not having a go or anything but if your exams were so important, why do you spend the majority of your time surfing this board as it appears you do?
A very good point! One I've also asked myself once or twice

wink.gif

Believe it or not, I have been working all morning in front of my laptop and been (somehow) reasonably productive.

Problem is, travelling from Lufbra, and travelling by train, I'll have to write out at least 14 hrs (estimated) and this would include getting back stupidly late on Saturday if I can get back Saturday at all.

Also, in my experience, students only ever do any work when 'the fear' gets them. As I'm pretty laid back, this is normally about 2/3 days before exams. Not sure I could handle two bouts of simultaneous fear without having some sort of seizure!

down.gif

i've just thought, if we are winning we can have a conga line with all that space:p

Back