• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 games left

MrB

Life President
8 home, 7 away. Thinking realistically, let's say we win 5 at home and draw the other three then we pick up 2 away wins, 3 draws and lose 2.

That's 30 points giving us a total of 79 which would not have been enough to get us into the auto spots last season.

Suggests we'll need to go unbeaten for the rest of the season to go straight up!

But...If you look at the table now, compared to when there was 15 games left last season, you had:

Hull 63 points
Doncaster 62
Oxford 59

Torquay were 7th with 49 and still made third spot.

This season we have:
Yeovil, Sc**thorpe and Swansea all on 56 points with us on 50.

There is a big difference this season.

True.

I reckon 70 points will be enough for 7th spot, and 80 will be enough for a place in the top three this season.

Hopefully we can hit that ' Magic ' 70 point mark by the time the Oooze come to town in April, It will be sweet rubbing it in!!.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Feb. 10 2005,15:56)]I reckon 70 points will be enough for 7th spot, and 80 will be enough for a place in the top three this season.
If 70 is enough, (even though the league is a lot tighter this year I still do not think it is) I think that would make it a last day of the season job!

Definitely not something I think my nerves could take! I've set the target of 75 points now, which is realistically achievable!
Eight wins from Fifteen games....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Feb. 10 2005,16:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Feb. 10 2005,15:56)]I reckon 70 points will be enough for 7th spot, and 80 will be enough for a place in the top three this season.
If 70 is enough, (even though the league is a lot tighter this year I still do not think it is) I think that would make it a last day of the season job!

Definitely not something I think my nerves could take! I've set the target of 75 points now, which is realistically achievable!
After the loss @ Yeovil in November I decided to try & plot our remaining points total for the rest of the season.

We're pretty much spot on what I thought so far although we're actually 3 points better than I thought we'd be at this stage. Back then I reckoned we'd hit 69 points at the end of the season, I've recently revisited this & reckon know we could maybe end up with 76 points come May, hopefully enough to sneak 3rd place.

I think the O's visit will come to soon to clinch promotion (that will be with the fishy folk in Cleethorpes) but it might be the Saturday we clinch at least a playoff spot!

Here's hoping anyway, don't let me down Blue Boys!

Indeed if we keep going at the current points to games ratio of around 1.6 we will end up with around 74 points which should in theory be enough for a place in the top 7 as it stands.

But if we was to increase that ratio by 0.4 points per game to 2 points per game we will have a top three position come May!. A tough ask but by no means out of the question.

I'd settle for 7th place though to be honest!.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Feb. 10 2005,16:15)]
[b said:

As the Libertines would say, Time for Heroes.

Back