• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some complete ****ing tosser was clocked doing 154mph on the A11 and as a "punishment" he received a 56 day ban! Should be 2 or 3 years IMO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-36963826

I can't see how there is any justification* for this bellend not to receive a really lengthy driving ban. Ten years should do it.

*I know the courts have their hands tied by the law. But you get my point. I hope.

"The maximum speed by which they base their sentence is 101-110mph in a 70mph zone. A speed of 154mph falls outside the guidelines."

I agree with the guy in the article, this should 100% be treated as dangerous driving.

As a parallel, he was as dangerous as someone running about with a shotgun and blasting off anywhere for the hell of it.
Why he hasn't been sent down for a minimum of 3 months and a 5 year ban is quite astonishing.

Also recently had the case of a learner driver being caught doing 132mph on the A127, she was banned for 6 months!

this was absolutely disgusting and will not deter him. he will simply go round bragging about the incident.

Also recently had the case of a learner driver being caught doing 132mph on the A127, she was banned for 6 months!
I think the common feeling with this one was that as the 'driver' was only caught by a rear facing camera, someone other than the real driver may have actually taken the blame for being the driver.

Yes.

What possible justification can someone have for driving at well over twice the speed limit?

Drive like that and you don't deserve to hold a licence. It is a privilege, not a right.

Absolutely. This tit has killed 4 people (including 3 kids) - no idea if he was speeding - but he'll probably get no more than a couple of years inside. He should never see the light of day again, unless through prison bars.

Does that mean as long as I keep to the speed limit I can drive drunk? Cool!!

Nope I didn't say that. Just pointing out that DD is an automatic 1 year ban but doing 70 in a 30 is not.

I live near Lifstan way and about 5 years ago a young lad of about 20 with 2 previous convictions for speeding done exactly that 70mph and hit and killed a cyclist. He was only given 2 years. If he had been over the limit he would have got 5 or 6 years

Should have been banned long before he killed someone. By the way he had other convictions which begs the question should people who are violent little slags be allowed to drive anyway.

Back